Why do players get so angry and rude on mvm?!

flapjack0576

I am coming up to finishing my third tour and have bought a few more tickets so I can continue. Now I'm not saying every player is rude and nasty but too many are! Kicking players for accidents and mistakes; insulting  players cosmetics and threatening to kick because they won't change class or not performing. Correct me if I am wrong but games are supposed to be fun! Those moaning aren't having fun and those being moaned at certainly aren't! So why are players like this? 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am coming up to finishing my third tour and have bought a few more tickets so I can continue. Now I'm not saying every player is rude and nasty but too many are! Kicking players for accidents and mistakes; insulting  players cosmetics and threatening to kick because they won't change class or not performing. Correct me if I am wrong but games are supposed to be fun! Those moaning aren't having fun and those being moaned at certainly aren't! So why are players like this? 

When people have had to deal with the same crap over and over, they start acting like douches. Some aren't really playing for fun, they're playing for the chance of profit. (highly rare australium drop)

When people have had to deal with the same crap over and over, they start acting like douches. They aren't really playing for fun, they're playing for the chance of profit.

I know bad players are annoying and all but one can make profit and be friendly! I doubt giving a player a few tips and a few friendly messages would hurt too much! The worst victims are of course the scouts and as much as we all want the money players need to lay off them!

I've whitnesed people kicked 0 tour players so many times.

Other times I've seen people actually teach them what to do.

People can be douches, people can be nice.

I know bad players are annoying and all but one can make profit and be friendly! I doubt giving a player a few tips and a few friendly messages would hurt too much! The worst victims are of course the scouts and as much as we all want the money players need to lay off them!

Yeah, and when experienced players give tips to the new ones, and the new players just ignore them and keep playing? I'd say thats a reason to kick.

In a word: Frustration.

Of all the angry, rude players I've encountered, most of them had 3 or fewer tours, and the attitude that someone was going to be kicked if things didn't go perfectly, and obviously it wasn't their fault, so it must be yours...

Most of the people with at least a dozen tours are a lot more chill about most things (Although not things like Huntsman snipers)

Heh they didn't kick me playing douchebag sydney sniper on Rottenburg :P

Coz I was actuating doing them good by pissing on everyone.

It's mainly because most MvM players do it for the loot. They want to finish the tour fast so they can begin another one and get their loot quicker, it's shame but thats how it is.

Some people are also just generally rude to other people, and they think their teammates are bad for their mistakes and want a new one. It's basically the same thing as CS:GO competitive matches. The players that have played for a long time might also be frustrated by all the times they've lost waves.

Alot are probably kids too, wich means that they don't think you're good enough for them.

Heh they didn't kick me playing douchebag sydney sniper on Rottenburg :P

Sleeper is underrated. People don't seem to know about those ExplosivePissHedShoots

In a word: Frustration.

Of all the angry, rude players I've encountered, most of them had 3 or fewer tours, and the attitude that someone was going to be kicked if things didn't go perfectly, and obviously it wasn't their fault, so it must be yours...

Most of the people with at least a dozen tours are a lot more chill about most things (Although not things like Huntsman snipers)

I've been kicked a few times but only when I was medic and didn't have kritzkreig (I do now) and before I done anything when i was 0 tour. What sparked this thread was an eng getting kicked for not destroying one of them giant scouts but I have seen so much othet needless hate on players as well

It's mainly because most MvM players do it for the loot. They want to finish the tour fast so they can begin another one and get their loot quicker, it's shame but thats how it is.

Some people are also just generally rude to other people, and they think their teammates are bad for their mistakes and want a new one. It's basically the same thing as CS:GO competitive matches. The players that have played for a long time might also be frustrated by all the times they've lost waves.

Alot are probably kids too, wich means that they don't think you're good enough for them.

You're quite right and it's super annoying! I also think it is players egos and players who feel that to look good they need to insult others.

This is advanced MVM. You need to play good and work as a team or just get out. 

I've wasted 10 hours of MVM thanks to people who doesn't help out the team.

I am playing alot of MvM and the thing is, I don't want to teach new players the same shit over and over again. I am getting tired of it. I just want to play with people that know what to do, people that don't need an explanation. I am not only doing it for the profit, fun is an important factor for me, but I can't really have fun when I have to deal with 1 or 2 people who don't know a shit about MvM and possibly even wear a gibus. I just kick them out so my team can get better players that immediately know what to do.

Seriously, wouldn't you get pissed off if you're at the last wave, your good Medic timed out, and a noobish player gets assigned to the game to replace him? And he starts asking questions "What Medi Gun to use?" "How do I deploy shield?" "What to upgrade?" "Who do I need to heal?" "Is the Vita-Saw good?". That is what pisses players off. Please play Boot Camp, or read guides before attempting to join a game via matchmaking. 

Most of the people don't want to spend hours on a single wave just because their Medic sucks at playing. That is just my opinion.

They simply because mvm for profit and not for fun, so they Kicking Because people do not want to waste time. (I am one of these, with the difference that give a chance to everyone. Then if I find one with 0 which tour you take the pyro and does not follow any advice ... well, I contract the bubonic plague

The only time I played for fun was a long time ago, I found a very nice team so we decided to complete the mission by choosing all the same character. All engineers, chaotic.

I am playing alot of MvM and the thing is, I don't want to teach new players the same shit over and over again.

And some of them are f2p's that will never come back if they win for obvious reasons. Damn Valve have to give out free Tod tickets.

There is a place for people who know nothing about MvM but still diving into Official Mode.

That place is Bootcamp.

Stay there until you actually learn how to play before putting on the big boy pants.

There is a place for people who know nothing about MvM but still diving into Official Mode.

That place is Bootcamp.

Stay there until you actually learn how to play before putting on the big boy pants.

Haha but even the pros make mistakes!! You can spend 100 years in bootcamp and you will still have a first tour!

skip

^ This.

The more I play Mann Up, the more "rude" I become to low-tour players. They do not even know what loadout is effective and what is not; what upgrades should they buy right now, later and which ones not to buy at all; how to rage or deploy shield; etc. I see players like that at least in every two missions. I'm not that patient, it's way more quicker to kick them and (hopefully) get a normal player. Why? Because this noob knows everything, his strategy is flawless and you are the noob here. He will put his dispenser near himself, he'll put his tele exit in an easily camped spot, he will not sentryblock giant scouts. Because he doesn't know shit and from his POV it's your problem, not his. If you start explaining obvious things to him, you'll have to prove it. And after all those lectures he may just say "stfu". Thanks to Valve's stupid anti-noob kick timer, btw.

Nobody taught me how to play  Mann up. I read guides, I watched tutorials and playthroughs, I played in boot camp for a while before jumping in Mann Up. I started playing as engie, as I knew this class more. I turned off "Join games in progress" and played only engie for 14 tours straight (56 missions).

Now I have somewhat around 67-68 tours, I can play efficiently as any class but Spy and Medic. Did I get kicked? Two times.

1 - I joined a new game, chose soldier, then noobs connects and goes second solly. I get kicked. 

2 - Kicked at 7\7 by a party of dipshits while carrying the server as a heavy without any Medic/engie support. 

Do I care? No. I just want to play with sensible people. I'd pay subscription fee to be able to blacklist players and set tour threshold for players in my team.

Because there's no fun in playing with stupid people.

^ This.

The more I play Mann Up, the more "rude" I become to low-tour players. They do not even know what loadout is effective and what is not; what upgrades should they buy right now, later and which ones not to buy at all; how to rage or deploy shield; etc. I see players like that at least in every two missions. I'm not that patient, it's way more quicker to kick them and (hopefully) get a normal player. Why? Because this noob knows everything, his strategy is flawless and you are the noob here. He will put his dispenser near himself, he'll put his tele exit in an easily camped spot, he will not sentryblock giant scouts. Because he doesn't know shit and from his POV it's your problem, not his. If you start explaining obvious things to him, you'll have to prove it. And after all those lectures he may just say "stfu". Thanks to Valve's stupid anti-noob kick timer, btw.

Nobody taught me how to play  Mann up. I read guides, I watched tutorials and playthroughs, I played in boot camp for a while before jumping in Mann Up. I started playing as engie, as I knew this class more. I turned off "Join games in progress" and played only engie for 14 tours straight (56 missions).

Now I have somewhat around 67-68 tours, I can play efficiently as any class but Spy and Medic. Did I get kicked? Two times.

1 - I joined a new game, chose soldier, then noobs connects and goes second solly. I get kicked. 

2 - Kicked at 7\7 by a party of dipshits while carrying the server as a heavy without any Medic/engie support. 

Do I care? No. I just want to play with sensible people. I'd pay subscription fee to be able to blacklist players and set tour threshold for players in my team.

Because there's no fun in playing with stupid people.

This ^^^

People that say to play bootcamp are among the worst people in mvm.  Bootcamp servers are mostly heavily modded to allow extra money or extra players.  Also, the quality of players make it extremely unlikely that the team actually gets far in the mission on a non-modded server.  If people actually want to get better they should play mannup, but they should be playing one of the easier classes.  By all means, if you don't know how to play all the classes you might be asked to, don't join a game in progress (its not fair to the team).  Over time people will get an understanding of what the harder classes are supposed to do.  It also might help to watch some mvm streamers on twitch.

People that say to play bootcamp are among the worst people in mvm.  Bootcamp servers are mostly heavily modded to allow extra money or extra players.  Also, the quality of players make it extremely unlikely that the team actually gets far in the mission on a non-modded server.  If people actually want to get better they should play mannup, but they should be playing one of the easier classes.  By all means, if you don't know how to play all the classes you might be asked to, don't join a game in progress (its not fair to the team).  Over time people will get an understanding of what the harder classes are supposed to do.  It also might help to watch some mvm streamers on twitch.

I, for one, don't care what's going on in BC. Playing BC is supposed to make you understand the basics of one player's responisiblity and team cooperation.

There are low-quality players in BC, don't go there, my little newbie, go to Advanced Mann Up instead! Logic.

I agree about easiest class pick though. If you have no idea what you're supposed to do here, go soldier. Just kill spies, engie bots, tanks, shoot at big dudes and do not shoot at small medics-dudes-guys-men

I did a mix of both Bootcamp and Guide-reading. I was lucky enough to find someone to tag along with me in Bootcamp. Yes, it's got so many mods, but some servers are just stock vanilla. Rare, but they're there.

I know a good friend of mine who has some stories. One time, his team was carrying this 0 tour kid in mvm. The kid was yelling at them the whole time to do better to. Literally screaming over the mic. The kid got 4 aussies out of 5 tours. Guess what he did? He complained that he didn't get a golden pan and wanted MvM removed from the game. Of course no one took him seriously, but it just shows how spoiled and ungrateful people can be. My friend has been dry of aussies for alot of tours. He hates it when he sees people getting aussies that don't deserve it.

Archived