gaming pc help

not bahroo

At $1100 (4690k+any z97 board+Hyper212+GTX780/R9 290+ any 2x4gb 1600+ ram+a 650w bronze+ psu+1tb hdd+a case)=$1050-$1150 USD w/o tax. And that could easily max out any game at 1080p and get at least 60fps. 

I'm assuming that means sales and not including shipping cost as well right?

I guess I'm just used to buying now instead of sales

I still stand by my original thought, his price range of 500-700 is a joke wanting 60fps @ max settings for any modern game. Even his "squeeze" $800 budget is too low. Additionally, does he even have a monitor higher than 60 refresh to get that "80fps" he wants?

Did the OP say anything about peripherals or monitor/sound (like headphones or speakers)? Thinking to myself i included the ~300+ for a good size (and quality) monitor and input peripherals.

List with peripherals and your choices going the cheapest route over quality (with exception of the EVGA 780 & 4690)

A complete setup would not be 1150 IMO, cost of the rig alone is iffy to me when the final tally is done. I'd be fed up with waiting for the deals or promo codes after weeks of waiting to be frank...

I'd be more than happy to help with building a theory comp with a realistic budget and expectation.

I'm assuming that means sales and not including shipping cost as well right?

I guess I'm just used to buying now instead of sales

I still stand by my original thought, his price range of 500-700 is a joke wanting 60fps @ max settings for any modern game. Even his "squeeze" $800 budget is too low. Additionally, does he even have a monitor higher than 60 refresh to get that "80fps" he wants?

Did the OP say anything about peripherals or monitor/sound (like headphones or speakers)? Thinking to myself i included the ~300+ for a good size (and quality) monitor and input peripherals.

List with peripherals and your choices going the cheapest route over quality (with exception of the EVGA 780 & 4690)

A complete setup would not be 1150 IMO, cost of the rig alone is iffy to me when the final tally is done. I'd be fed up with waiting for the deals or promo codes after weeks of waiting to be frank...

I'd be more than happy to help with building a theory comp with a realistic budget and expectation.

Those are non sale prices. But I didn't include shipping or tax....but thats like $15-$100 ($100~ with tax+shipping, $15~ with just shipping). I also didn't include peripherals as a lot of people alrady have a mouse+keyboard+monitor anyway, and most people say if they also need those. But with a monitor+keyboard+mouse+complete build....you can get away with about $1350~ USD. 

intel and amd processors aren't really all that different, so if you're willing to go for a budget build, choose AMD. Otherwise if you're planning to build a gaming computer that you'll keep for a long time  I would pick an i5 processor. There's really no need for an i7.

and remember, try to get equally powerful processor and graphic cards. otherwise you'll bottleneck your comp and it'll be slow as fuck. 

Archived