gaming pc help

not bahroo

hey all i am looking to buy/build a gaming pc/desktop for the metro redux coming out soon.

and i am thinking of buying the parts and building it my self but i have no idea where to look for parts at a good price

and the games i main are skyrim. fallout new vegas. l4d2 tf2 usual stuff but i want to be able to run the highest games out there at 60-80 fps on ultra. 

SO any ideas/help?

Cooler master hyper 212 or nh d15 for more serious overclockong.

Sapphire vapor x R9 290x

8gb 1600+MHz ram

Msi z97s sli plus (or pretty much any z97 from asus, asrock, Msi, or gigabyte)

Evga/corsair/cooler master/fractal design 650/850w psu.(650 if you have no intention to crossfire, 850 if you do).

Newegg.com is a good single site. Pcpartpicker.com is great since it pulls prices from multiple sites. (You can't buy from them, it'll jut show you what sites/places have the best prices).

At 500-700$ you're not going to get anywhere near ultra. Best you're gonna get is 1080p medium settings.

4690k (230)+hyper212 (30)+some z97 board (120)+r9 270 (160)+cx550 (50)+nzxt source 210/cooler master haf912 (50-60).

Or an r9 280 if your budget allows.

Oh I meant more that you mentioned Skyrim (2011), New Vegas (2010) and tf2 (2007) in your OP. 

well what would i base it off of? crysis 3?

At 500-700$ you're not going to get anywhere near ultra. Best you're gonna get is 1080p medium settings.

4690k (230)+hyper212 (30)+some z97 board (120)+r9 270 (160)+cx550 (50)+nzxt source 210/cooler master haf912 (50-60).

Or an r9 280 if your budget allows.

i was think of newegg for deals on good parts. i i might be able to squeez in a $800 possably

An r9 280, iirc gets like 40 fps in bf4 at ultra 1080p.

If you want ultra settings at 1080p or the ability to step up to a 1440p/144hz monitor then you really need to get an r9 290 at the very least.

If you're really budget limited....then you should skip the 4690k and z97 board and instead get an amd fx 8320 and a 990fx board and put the extra savings towards an r9 290.

Your budget does not allow for much in the way of a decent+ gaming rig.

Maybe some of your existing parts (ie. case, cooling, power supply, etc.) are salvageable. This might help define where you need to spend money on your new gear.

Your budget does not allow for much in the way of a decent+ gaming rig.

well how much would a video card with enough power to run skyrim 4k hd ultra cost? 200-300?

well how much would a video card with enough power to run skyrim 4k hd ultra cost? 200-300?

Depending on numerous factors with your existing hardware, a video card upgrade alone will probably not allow you to run at the spec's you desire.

Post up your existing rig's details.

Also, do you have a monitor/TV that will display 4K HD Ultra?

Because if you do, a $300.00 GPU is definitely not going to cut it, and a $1000.00 GPU will not realize it's full potential due to bottlenecks based on your existing hardware.

Also, do you have a monitor/TV that will display 4K HD Ultra?

Because if you do, a $300.00 GPU is definitely not going to cut it, and a $1000.00 GPU will not realize it's full potential due to bottlenecks based on your existing hardware.

A $1000 gpu won't do 4k at ultra settings 60+fps either.

Base it on your budget, your existing setup, and what you will be using it for. 

Yea...no. Don't follow that crap.

It's a good starting point if you're new to the whole thing like OP is.

From there you can tweak to your liking with PCpartpicker or look for good deals

A $1000 gpu won't do 4k at ultra settings 60+fps either.

Yeah, I know.

The point I was trying to make was that the OP went from a new low budget gaming rig to just adding a ~$300.00 GPU to run 4K Ultra HD.

I need to use more words to express my distaste and disapproval of the shift in logic (or lack thereof) in this thread.

Still don't see the original hardware spec's posted, so I will attempt to help no more.

Yeah, I know.

The point I was trying to make was that the OP went from a new low budget gaming rig to just adding a ~$300.00 GPU to run 4K Ultra HD.

I need to use more words to express my distaste and disapproval of the shift in logic (or lack thereof) in this thread.

Still don't see the original hardware spec's posted, so I will attempt to help no more.

OP clearly doesn't know much about the topic, so needs your help more than ever. 

I am more than happy to help and have built numerous gaming rigs for myself, friends, family, fellow clan members, etc. Many of those people have referred me to their friends and it has become a time consuming hobby that I enjoy.

However, I am not used to dealing with such a limited budget with such high expectations.

Most of the gaming rigs I build start at about $1500.00 and go up from there. That price does not include peripherals like: keyboard, mouse, monitors, speakers, headsets, etc.

I know $1500.00 would not reach the OP's expectations so I was offering a few cheap options to move him in the right direction. Multiple high-end GPU's are required in SLi/Crossfire to even get close to what he's looking for and that's just not in his budget.

For your budget, I wouldn't even bother. It's going to be a huge disappointment to you in graphics and a waste of time for those here that offer help.. You wont get anything near 2012+ - minus indie and low performance/graphical games - 60fps at max settings for under $1500 if not more. Like awesome said, maybe medium at 1080 will get you near 50-60 for your budget, but if you are going to short yourself with that budget, don't bother with it, you will not be happy with the resulting comp.

For your budget, I wouldn't even bother. It's going to be a huge disappointment to you in graphics and a waste of time for those here that offer help.. You wont get anything near 2012+ - minus indie and low performance/graphical games - 60fps at max settings for under $1500 if not more. 

At $1100 (4690k+any z97 board+Hyper212+GTX780/R9 290+ any 2x4gb 1600+ ram+a 650w bronze+ psu+1tb hdd+a case)=$1050-$1150 USD w/o tax. And that could easily max out any game at 1080p and get at least 60fps. 

Archived