TF2 FPS Fluctuation

Element IV

I still don't understand how this is a PROBLEM. 

On a lucky day, I can maintain 20 frames for about one minute, before dropping to 1 or 2 frames a second and being completely unable to play at all.

I still don't understand how this is a PROBLEM. 

On a lucky day, I can maintain 20 frames for about one minute, before dropping to 1 or 2 frames a second and being completely unable to play at all.

Have you tried maxing your graphics yet and putting antialiasing at recommended?

Are you complaining about 170 frames?...i get maybe 30 on a good day

I've landed in the 10s multiple times... normally I land ~30-50fps.

So my TF2 lately has been getting huge FPS fluctuations from being at 300 to dropping to 170-180 then going to 200-250 and then maybe 300 again. Any ideas on why or what I can do to stop the FPS fluctuations?

...why complain? Normally, I don't even reach 60fps (but normally around 40fps).

play pyro because it's easy

...this is relevant why?

LOL I'm lucky if my framerate is good enough to play. I usually hover around 8-10, and after a minute or two of playing, it drops to less than one frame per second. During these times, I just turn my screen to the ground, which improves framerate, and try to get back to spawn where I can wait ten minutes for frames to improve so I can play for another 2 minutes. Lucky asshole.

It sucks, doesn't it? I have a laptop (not my main laptop tho) that can barely run TF2 at a decent framerate, on Gorge.

You couldn't tell the difference between 170 FPS and 300 FPS using your eyes alone. Be happy that you can run the game at a decent FPS while most of us can barely reach 30 FPS.

Exactly...

But seriously. Naturally, eyes see at an equivalent refresh rate of 60 Hz.

Buy a more powerful CPU and GPU's (run multiple video cards in SLI/Crossfire). Buy a faster SSD (or two and run them in RAID 0).

...I don't know if that's the issue.

Buy 4 GTX titans and then run them all in SLI. You won't ever see anything bellow 1,000. Problem solved.

I don't even think the Source engine supports SLI or Crossfire.

Seriously. Is your internet connection good? Is your hardware good (well, obviously it's good)?

Archived