Why are flies not the lowest tier of unusual effects?

DimeTheScumbag

I know that flies is a first gen effect, and everyone loves first gens, but flies is even more cancerous than N&B is except on sniper. Flies is incredibly hard to see on most maps unless you are point blank, and even then its hard. Don't people value unusuals on rarity and visibility of effect? I just find that I would rather get a N&B than a flies. What is your opinion?

Have proof and drop them

I never said that I could drop them. People value it over N&B now, but I'm asking why they do.

Flies is overrated by default for the sole reason that it's a 1st gen, and therefore "better" than the cancerous newer effects. Also, it's very themed on Sniper.

But I would much rather get a higher visibility hat so people know I have a unusual than a impossible to see one that fits some hats.

Flies is overrated by default for the sole reason that it's a 1st gen, and therefore "better" than the cancerous newer effects. Also, it's very themed on Sniper.

I know its themed on sniper, I already mentioned that it is ok on sniper.

Oh, sorry. Didn't see the OP before I posted.

You obviously have not seen N&B on engi

"Themed because Engineers deal with N&B 10000 buds pls"

No, N&B is still ugly and that bullshit theme wont fool anybody.

Flies > Nuts. Why? Because Nuts on Engi still looks bad, imo, versus there are tons of Flies themed hats.

What does it matter if its themed if you cannot see it!

What does it matter if its themed if you cannot see it!

Sometimes the subtlety of an effect makes it that much better.

But you can see it. That's your main argument here, but you can see it. Don't know why you keep saying you can't. It's not very visible yeah, but it is visible. Also, it's way better than bolts. The flies are erratic and buzz around a large area of your head. Bolts just circles in small, tiny circle around your head. Flies is way better than bolts, the argument isn't even close.

Bubbles

Flies

-----

-----

-----

-----

-----

Bolts

Flies is a 1st gen effect? All this time I thought it was 2nd.

I like NNB over Flies any day. I could stand it on things like the hive minder and swagmans but thats about it.

Visibility can be a bad thing playing competitively, especially when playing as a Sniper. Since Flies isn't too visible, it won't attract as much attention from an enemy as another effect would.

I do appreciate the effect of flies on hats like the Tipplers Tricorne, Capotian, and Carribean conquerer.

Makes it look like they need a shower. A lot better then that forced Engie Shit.

Flies > Nuts. Why? Because Nuts on Engi still looks bad, imo, versus there are tons of Flies themed hats.

there is no way nuts is looking good no matter what class / hat / whatever

there is no way nuts is looking good no matter what class / hat / whatever

As previously stated, some people want to pass it off as "themed" or some shit, idk.

As previously stated, some people want to pass it off as "themed" or some shit, idk.

I still remember that time when N&B was like burning on engie hats...And then they got unboxed left and right and became the most cancerous crap ever.

Why exactly is it themed on Sniper? I don't get it :(

Archived