Help.TF Project

www.

You can have it so you need an x backpack value to be able to say yes or no to the deal.

Backpack value is a very poor representation of someone's knowledge in trading and economics in general. I've seen some people around here that have only 200 USD backpacks and yet have a very deep knowledge and understanding for not only TF2 game economy, but all Valve games' economies.

For example: My backpack value is extremely low at the moment, but looking at my backpack value graph, at every spike I cashed out a ton of money. So backpack value does not actually judge a person's "tf2 wealth", because if I were to dump all the money I earned in cash back into TF2 right now, my backpack would probably be in the upper 10k.

I'd say something of an "Encourage donations after advice" would work better. If the trader is grateful for the advice let him pay the "Expert" what he thinks would be fair. This wouldn't scare people off from having to pay every time for a bit of advice.

Yea, I was thinking this same thing. There are so many videos and guides how to get into trading.

This should definitely be for Bill's Hats and Above IMO.

what if there is stuff like rare uncraft or rare unique halloween items?

what if there is stuff like rare uncraft or rare unique halloween items?

Pretty sure I could cover the Unique Halloween items. My concern is that time. 5-7 minutes? Granted I see a lot of people on in the dead of the night, but have off-hours been considered? You already stated breaking the moderators into categories for advice. What where you thinking? Unusual experts, vintage experts, rare Halloween experts, etc.? Or did you have a different idea in mind?

My concern is that time. 5-7 minutes? Granted I see a lot of people on in the dead of the night, but have off-hours been considered?

In the spark of a trade, if you need to wait more than 5 minutes for some advice, you're dragging, in my opinion. We need things fast and snappy, and accurate as hell. Like I said, once I figure out a roster towards the end of large development, we'll figure out our typical on-and-off hours and make sure it works correctly. 

What where you thinking? Unusual experts, vintage experts, rare Halloween experts, etc.? Or did you have a different idea in mind?

Something like that. I want to make sure that if you're an expert on the site that you're working in the area you know most about.

Maybe do a couple sections with spreadsheets, such as items that dropped recently in price, items that are rising, new items added that can be crafted (like the trade.tf) It would actually provide halp to everyone, and not only beginners. Maybe also a small free section about obvious phishes/scams

Maybe do a couple sections with spreadsheets, such as items that dropped recently in price, items that are rising, new items added that can be crafted (like the trade.tf) It would actually provide halp to everyone, and not only beginners. Maybe also a small free section about obvious phishes/scams

I think tutorials will be there, and tips etc, but I don't want to replicate anything like a spreadsheet that someone can just find though trade.tf. The only paid part of this entire getgo is the suggestion service, unless we end up making more services after we see success.

I think tutorials will be there, and tips etc, but I don't want to replicate anything like a spreadsheet that someone can just find though trade.tf. The only paid part of this entire getgo is the suggestion service, unless we end up making more services after we see success.

I thought of a spreadsheets with the only crafting recipes that are actually useful, such as the Craft Sniper Primary (AWP), Craft Sniper Melee (best chance to get a "rare" melee), Craft Heavy Melee (rare weapons + Apoco-fists)... So on and so forth

Edit : I say that because when I began TF2, i spend most of my weapons on useless craft recipies, such as Scout Melee. I even got a Freedom Staff, but used it to craft again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I am curious to know what happened to this, is this still ongoing or you gave up on this?  :ph34r:

• Administrators

The reason I think it shouldn't be posted is because that is public. These advice should be handed out privately and on a case by case basis.

Exactly.  :ph34r:

• 2 months later...

I will probably be misunderstood for saying that I think there are no actual trade experts. There just some people who saw more shit than others. 

TF2 economy is pretty wild and a lot of times outright nonsensical.

Little is for certain here.

My guess is that the main reason people would turn to that website that is to ask whether they should trade this Unusual for another, but even that would be a problem, because for instance if you go to TF2-Trader, where 40 year olds with 10k+ bps trade (not necessarily pro though) and ask such a question, it's more than just certain You will get no straight answer. (because if the answer was obv you wouldn't have to ask), also, relying on a single opinion isn't a smart idea, but if You take multiple, the rec paid question would just turn into a debate. 

This equivalent of Yahoo Answers might work, but the only way I see it is it would probably have to be a simple forum, where you can post a thread, get replies with reasoning etc, see which ones make more sense in your opinion and go by them, but it's been done many times over. 

TF2 economy is pretty wild and a lot of times outright nonsensical.

Agreed.

My guess is that the main reason people would turn to that website that is to ask whether they should trade this Unusual for another, but even that would be a problem, because for instance if you go to TF2-Trader, where 40 year olds with 10k+ bps trade (not necessarily pro though) and ask such a question, it's more than just certain You will get no straight answer. (because if the answer was obv you wouldn't have to ask), also, relying on a single opinion isn't a smart idea, but if You take multiple, the rec paid question would just turn into a debate. 

This equivalent of Yahoo Answers might work, but the only way I see it is it would probably have to be a simple forum, where you can post a thread, get replies with reasoning etc, see which ones make more sense in your opinion and go by them, but it's been done many times over. 

After seeing forums like this, I am practically forced to disagree with you.

Users use our site in order to get answers and opinion in a quick amount of time- "should i take this", "should i take that", "how much is this worth", etc.. Our advice given to them might not be 100% accurate, but especially if the user is paying to use our services, you take with a grain of salt and some trust that whatever we say will be coming from an experienced trader who does research and knows what they're talking about.

Perhaps they're not necessarily 100% accurate "experts" (lack of a better name for the people who will be giving advice on this website), but they're experienced enough to know what they're talking about and give accurate advice given the times the ticket is submitted. We will make sure the user knows the factors of age regarding the advice given. If they have time to refute the advice they're more than able to, but we don't have to respond in such a snappy time. The advice we administer to whoever paid for our service will be supplied with enough accurate research, to the point where a reply to what they refute with is not needed. Again, we're not perfect, but the people giving the advice should be taken with a grain of salt, because they'll be experienced.

Maybe only 1 person who wants to know it pays.

E.g. What is a unusual burning TC worth?

Admin answers after payment and wait

Then if the reply is rated as "Good" then it gets posted to the whole site for anyone to see.

Or,  just ask the people on this very forum. It's a nice idea, but I don't think it would go far since you already have that for free on this site.

Or just get completely free advice from Status Updates.

Or,  just ask the people on this very forum. It's a nice idea, but I don't think it would go far since you already have that for free on this site.

The difference is that, not everyone can give you an answer or no one knows how to respond, I've seen quite a few trades and PCs go unanswered. I think its a good idea, in the sense that, you can get an EXPLANATION about why the trade was either good or bad, and thought the 5min time limit seems a bit harsh for the experts for a detailed explanation, maybe if its a larger trade the time gets extended, and rather than a Queue that maybe certain trades go to certain people to evaluate.

Overall I think its a nice idea, where an explanation can help newer traders understand why something is a good deal versus a bad deal, and help it grow rather than people just getting fucked this way and that way.

I'd like to see what comes from it, its got a + interest from me for sure. :)

The difference is that, not everyone can give you an answer or no one knows how to respond, I've seen quite a few trades and PCs go unanswered. I think its a good idea, in the sense that, you can get an EXPLANATION about why the trade was either good or bad, and thought the 5min time limit seems a bit harsh for the experts for a detailed explanation, maybe if its a larger trade the time gets extended, and rather than a Queue that maybe certain trades go to certain people to evaluate.

Overall I think its a nice idea, where an explanation can help newer traders understand why something is a good deal versus a bad deal, and help it grow rather than people just getting fucked this way and that way.

I'd like to see what comes from it, its got a + interest from me for sure. :)

Yeah good idea. If you are making payment and you're planning to run big time, it's best to get it friend-zoned with steamrep to make it legit or have some form of non-scamming site

Archived