Help.TF Project

www.

Hey, this is an idea I've had for a while, it's been tossed around with a few friends of mine, many who are regulars on this site, and it seems like it would be a good idea. I see a lot of people on the forums looking for help with their TF2 trades including myself, and I thought of a site where trusted and experienced traders can be paid from site funding provided the community to help people out with their trades.

Help.TF: Your #1 spot for TF2 trading advice.

218a08ee0e.png1ab08a59c9.pnga8f7a0adca.png

This isn't a tool for us forum-people, and this doesn't have to be a primary tool for every deal you make. Of course people who are comfortable with asking people on the forums will post a status instead of asking paid experts, of course we could just ask our friends. Maybe your friends aren't online, maybe people aren't sure on the forums, maybe your research isn't very accurate. Maybe you don't have friends. Perhaps your friends don't trade often? Maybe you don't know of these forums. There are literally thousands of other traders in different communities, learning things differently and talking to different people.

This isn't an episode of Shark Tanks. I'm not asking for you to use the site, i'm asking for support. Though unfinished, this is an idea I've thought about with others for a long time and have a lot of things refined on how things will work. How does it work? Well..

• User pays the site's bot in-game items (i'm thinking maybe a rec to a ref per suggestion, some sort of premium service for keys) (aye we can roll free if you don't want to get paid for giving advice)
  • User goes into suggestion page, sets up for a suggestion (maybe queue based but that might get traffic-heavy, currently looking for elves)
  • User waits up to 4-5 minutes MAX for a reply
  • Advice is delivered with some analysis, quality enough to inform the user, user can rate the advice and/or report it, and go about their day.

​I know this might suck for some of you but I think we can only roll with one language. I'll probably have a blog where experienced users can post things like market trends, general advice, and can cover big happenings both in the economy, within the market, and within the game itself. Eventually, I plan for this website to grow much larger and be a nicely established website that's there to help the users.

The site can fund itself with advertisements. The experts will be paid a fixed percentage of the metal/keys/donations rolling in through the bot.
Efficiency is key, there will be accolades for how good you give advice and how often you're around. We need the service running at god-speed 24/7.
No, we won't help marked scammers, like they'd care anyways.  If you're marked you're unable to use our active services.

I don't want this to turn into a bash-fest or an FAQ thread. I need a lot of help making this website even though i'm a web developer myself. If you know some code and are down for helping with the site, feel free to add me. If you're an expert trader whose willing to get paid a lil to help people out, there are expectations but i'd be happy to have you. I see a lot of people here helping others out in on the status updates, and to those people, great job.

I'll say it again- if you're a coding/graphic design Jedi who wants to contribute, add me.
I'm pretty tired, if i'm forgetting something i'll add it later. Yes, the domain is registered.

Thanks for trading reading. HA, GET IT?! LOL PLUG

Instructions were a bit confusing for me. If I got this correctly, this is how it goes:

1. User wanting advice on a trade goes to help.tf

2. User pays a bot a fee to ask their question

3. User is put into a queue before he is allowed to post his question

4. A pricing expert has 4-5 minutes to answer the user's question before moving onto the next user

5. Rinse and repeat

Could you correct me on this or tell me if I'm correct? I have some questions to ask but they depend on if the list I made is correct.

This is actually a pretty smart idea. Although I enjoy mentoring about 5~7 traders daily for free, ad revenue + pures as payment would be actually a pretty cool idea by running a website for everyone to be able to obtain answers towards their inquiries.

Edit:

Instructions were a bit confusing for me. If I got this correctly, this is how it goes:

4. A pricing expert has 4-5 minutes to answer the user's question before moving onto the next user

5. Rinse and repeat

Could you correct me on this or tell me if I'm correct? I have some questions to ask but they depend on if the list I made is correct.

I believe that it would probably be more efficient if someone's questions is placed through a queue, and any active "moderators" or "pricing experts" can answer the question, where one answer is counted as sufficient, while three answers counted as efficient.

This is actually a great idea considering the amount of people ask for this type of advice.

I don't know what type of coding you need, but I can do html(basic as hell, but maybe i can learn something new). 

5. Rinse and repeat

Looking for a way around a queue method, I won't let myself use it. I'll probably have an organization system where certain types of trades are funneled to different users who are really good in certain areas of trading. Trying to make it the simplest, quickest, and easiest way possible. TL;DR? You're right suppose.

I believe that it would probably be more efficient if -snip- one answer is counted as sufficient, while three answers counted as efficient.

I've thought about a vote system where the online mods can vote, but then again it should only take one expert to give advice. Expert, yeah gonna need the best of the best lol

Looking for a way around a queue method, I won't let myself use it. I'll probably have an organization system where certain types of trades are funneled to different users who are really good in certain areas of trading. Trying to make it the simplest, quickest, and easiest way possible. TL;DR? You're right suppose.

Alright then.

Considering that there is a time limit on how long a user has his question open for answer, what if there are no online pricing experts to answer the user's question in the allotted time? Will the user have paid for nothing?

Considering that there is a time limit on how long a user has his question open for answer, what if there are no online pricing experts to answer the user's question in the allotted time? Will the user have paid for nothing?

That's why it's imperative we have users ready to give advice literally 24/7. I would obviously have it to where if no experts are online, you're unable to ask for help for the time being, but I don't want that. Maybe I need to do that. I don't have a roster yet.

That's why it's imperative we have users ready to give advice literally 24/7. I would obviously have it to where if no experts are online, you're unable to ask for help for the time being, but I don't want that. Maybe I need to do that. I don't have a roster yet.

Alright then.

I've thought about a vote system where the online mods can vote, but then again it should only take one expert to give advice. Expert, yeah gonna need the best of the best lol

In my opinion, a voting system is too flat for an evaluation of a possible trade. There are many factors that most traders don't think about when trading. Demand, time used, and sanity loss, for example, for me are the three most important factors when dealing with any trade to the point that I'd give a bud for a faster sale on a 5 bud hat simply because the more time I save when attempting to sell a hat, the more time I have down the road for profit.

With that in mind, it is a good idea to receive actual reasoned inputs from the experts. That way, the customers of "help.tf" can receive long-term "help" by becoming more skilled at trading learning the ways to analyze a trade an expert does.

Dont ppl already do this for free here? The 5 minute max wait time will fail so bad unless u have a crap load of "experts" browsing ur site 24/7

In my opinion, a voting system is too flat for an evaluation of a possible trade. There are many factors that most traders don't think about when trading. Demand, time used, and sanity loss, for example, for me are the three most important factors when dealing with any trade to the point that I'd give a bud for a faster sale on a 5 bud hat simply because the more time I save when attempting to sell a hat, the more time I have down the road for profit.

With that in mind, it is a good idea to receive actual reasoned inputs from the experts. That way, the customers of "help.tf" can receive long-term "help" by becoming more skilled at trading learning the ways to analyze a trade an expert does.

Well of course, after a vote there would be a summary as there would be normal, with some analysis, etc

Dont ppl already do this for free here? The 5 minute max wait time will fail so bad unless u have a crap load of "experts" browsing ur site 24/7

cool

This isn't a tool for us forum-people, and this doesn't have to be a primary tool for every deal you make. Of course people who are comfortable with asking people on the forums will post a status instead of asking paid experts, of course we could just ask our friends. Maybe your friends aren't online, maybe people aren't sure on the forums, maybe your research isn't very accurate. Maybe you don't have friends. Perhaps your friends don't trade often? Maybe you don't know of these forums. There are literally thousands of other traders in different communities, learning things differently and talking to different people.

Well of course, after a vote there would be a summary as there would be normal, with some analysis, etc

Then I think that is a fantastic idea. A voting system is good in the way that it can display a simple thumbs up or thumbs down, and the summary are for people to read and learn from the thought process of a trading expert.

The team should then be composed with: administrators, moderators, and pricing experts.

So just wondering, is this website for all trading or just unusual trading?

In my opinion, I would be suggesting a high-valued goods trading. Goods usually involving unusuals, high-valued promos, and high-valued stranges.

Making people pay for this... It would be better when they can post it, and then people who are on the site can rate it as good or bad and why.

Making people pay for this... It would be better when they can post it, and then people who are on the site can rate it as good or bad and why.

The reason I think it shouldn't be posted is because that is public. These advice should be handed out privately and on a case by case basis.

The reason I think it shouldn't be posted is because that is public. These advice should be handed out privately and on a case by case basis.

You can have it so you need an x backpack value to be able to say yes or no to the deal.

In my opinion, I would be suggesting a high-valued goods trading. Goods usually involving unusuals, high-valued promos, and high-valued stranges.

Yea, I was thinking this same thing. There are so many videos and guides how to get into trading.

This should definitely be for Bill's Hats and Above IMO.

If anything if it was All Trading, then there should be two separate sections where there are a group who deals with unusuals and a group that deals with stuff less than a Bills maybe

But each should be proficient in each category just in case one group is short on people giving advice.

You can have it so you need an x backpack value to be able to say yes or no to the deal.

Having a rich backpack does dictate skill in a sense but there are so many other factors that would need to be looked at if you're gonna be considered a skilled trader.

This should definitely be for Bill's Hats and Above IMO.

Might seem like a pain in the ass to do the lower tier stuff but the site serves to help all users.

Many people have cashed out but are still active. This system wouldnt really work in that case.

Archived