Perks of using Apple products as opposed to windows products?(laptops and OS wise)

The Radiated Banana

Huh what?  :huh:

Only stupid people download viruses, it isnt hard to avoid them

to be a disappointment to your parents 

"Perk"

But  can easily not download viruses on windows

Yes, buying either because of "viruses" is stupid. 

I'd personally never buy an apple desktop as, while I prefer OSX to windows, I don't mind using windows. The issue is that most laptops running windows are crap and will fall apart after a few years, whereas my 7-8 year old mbp is still working perfectly. So, for a laptop I would never buy anything other than a mac--assuming other companies don't change. 

I recently got a rMBP and triple booted it with Windows 8.1 x64, Slack14.1 x64 and 10.9.3. My impression.

Games on mac (that are not run through wine mind you) run better at better frames than the same game/settings for Windows

CS6 on mac is far superior to CS6 on windows.

All games available for Windows are hit and miss with OSX and nix.

Far less likely to get a virus on slack than the other two.

Unauthorized intrusion/installation Windows>OSX>Slack

I spend most of my time on OSX than the others due to my current gaming habits though that is likely to change now with WOT.

I grew up on Windows and Linux (bout a 70/30 split)

Only recently did i actually start to use OSX but only to know how to help end users with their issues. I am amazed at how many things are simpler on Windows than mac terminal only fixes. (showing hidden folders for one windows its a couple clicks, nix its ctrl+h in file manager and mac is a bunch of friggen sudo commands)

My preferences depend on what i need the OS for.

Gaming: Windows

Surfing/downloading: Slack

OSX Specific needs are mac games, mac troubleshooting.

The design of the rMBP is far better than any windows laptop of equivalent power that I have come across. My only problems with them is the scalability went to shit after they thinned it down and nixed the slimdrive but i had a few extra external drives if i ever need one. Also, foxconn's shitty job of applying thermal paste. Redid it with as5 and temps dropped about 10-15C.

Linux (because let's be honest, you can get any kind of OS with Linux) > OS X > Windows

Windows is awful lol. Macs are kind of the stratocaster of computers... they are pretty beautiful/iconic. That said, they're not exactly worth the money either - although often PC's are just as expensive price:power-wise. If you want to be serious about programming/cracking, get to know Macs and Linux - bash commands are the most powerful way to control a computer, easily.

inb4 windowsd5lyfe!!!

OS X is way better than Windows if you don't know how to build a computer yourself. Look at the battery quality, for example.

I also like that my MBP is small and easy to carry in my backpack.

Afaik there are no 13" laptops (or maybe a few, idk) that beat my MBP.

Also no weekly system update. And super awesome multicontrol touchpad. 

nothing.

you literally give you money away for a half eaten electronic apple logo

Yeah its expensive for the specs, but it isnt what this topic is about. There are some overpriced windows stuff too :P

I love the trackpad on my macbook pro :3

I know its the bomb <3

Yeah its expensive for the specs, but it isnt what this topic is about. There are some overpriced windows stuff too :P

If high price:power ratio is mac, nothing else is as expensive as it.

If high price:power ratio is mac, nothing else is as expensive as it.

What about desktop PC's that are not custom built, like the ones you buy. I thought those were overpriced as shit too

What about desktop PC's that are not custom built, like the ones you buy. I thought those were overpriced as shit too

Sub $500 pcs really aren't overpriced, Sure if you plan around sales and/or use linux you can compete, but if you want to get a windows pc thats comparable to a pre-built dell/lenovo/hp/etc... you really can't do any better. 

My point still stands though, Macs are more expensive, regardless of their competitors' prices.

Mac is for artistic programs and for just surfing the web

PC is better for everything else.

Linux>Mac in term of artistic programs.

Mac is better at it than PC though

Archived