A Cool Down on all items

Vince

• Administrators

nope. this is exactly how markets are meant to function. if you think tf2 game items are "investments" you need to get your head checked. their trade prices are their trade prices. if people shit themselves and quicksell, they are contributing to the continual drop of an item in a natural marketplace in a free trade economy. if a strange krtiz doesn't sell for a day a key below the range, the market has changed and the item price is outdated. if people are trying to buy them above bp.tf listed range, the price is outdated (or the buyer is lazy/stupid)

Great points. Every bit of it you said is true. 

Couldn't agree with ya more! Nicely said.  ^_^

hmmm but then again most suggestions are left up for a few days anyways so by the time it's accepted the "price" is already delayed.

Gonna give this a upboat because i dont want to have to deal with a similar situation with the bmoc

With the suggestion accepting rate vs how long suggestions go without being accepted atm. I vote no. We serve to be as accurate as possible and it should be common knowledge not to continuously change a price in one direction every Damn day unless it's a counter suggestion.

I think the main problem here is that they are being constantly lowered by buyouts, instead of defined sales.

As I said before.... Sales should be required Period. Using buyouts only can make bp.tf either lead (it was a quicksale) or be behind (it actually sells for less) the market. 

Although, suggestors should be forced to actually suggest on varying things so yes I agree a general cooldown of 2 or 3 days is perfectly reasonable to allow sales to occur after a recent price change.

Remove buyouts/unsolds from being valid proof. If you do not have enough actual sales, refrain from suggesting or wait until more sales have occurred. Cooldowns should only be considered if we *already* have the anti-B/O policy in place and it's believed that we are leading the market.

Using unsolds for proof is a dumb idea, and that should be addressed way before you even begin to ask the question of cooldowns. Srs guys it's not too hard

Nothing annoys me more when regulars give bad advice to suggesters such as (1) you don't need to find solds, just unsolds to lower a price, and (2) just post proof that supports your range; sales higher than the suggested range are not relevant and should be ignored.

Sadly these ideas have become commonplace in the community since many regulars preach these on all suggestions. Solds should be the primary source of proof on ALL suggestions.

Nothing annoys me more when regulars give bad advice to suggesters such as (1) you don't need to find solds, just unsolds to lower a price, and (2) just post proof that supports your range; sales higher than the suggested range are not relevant and should be ignored.

Sadly these ideas have become commonplace in the community since many regulars preach these on all suggestions. Solds should be the primary source of proof on ALL suggestions.

So, why are those suggestions not closed anyway? And, now, people refer to previous accepted 'flawed' suggestion to justify their 'flawed' suggestions. My one and only accepted suggestion, unsold to lower the price and it went smooth sailing.

On the topic:

Ideally cooldown is not needed. Let all flow ... but, I previously commented about 7x24 because of something. 

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/539e1e304dd7b8e5348b4708 last suggestion accepted 1 hour prior. 

This is what I mean by too conservative suggestion. There was literally no sales I can find for 18 keys, and 17 keys flat is a far better price. Unfortunately, suggestions like these causes an illusion that backpack.tf is supposedly leading the market.

If you have been dealing with that particular item, you would know that 18 keys was never the true price and could've been fetched lower. No one just put their eye into the item until now.

People pay more than 70$ pretty often actually http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/440/Strange%20Kritzkrieg

Nobody said that bp.tf is super accurate. In fact, most of the suggestions that are introduced immediately after another accepted suggestion are trying to make bp.tf more accurate than it can actually be.

This is what I mean by too conservative suggestion. There was literally no sales I can find for 18 keys, and 17 keys flat is a far better price. Unfortunately, suggestions like these causes an illusion that backpack.tf is supposedly leading the market.

If you have been dealing with that particular item, you would know that 18 keys was never the true price and could've been fetched lower. No one just put their eye into the item until now.

Then we need to focus on quality and accurate suggestions, especially for outdated stuff like the SFs. 

People panic sell with a lower buyout when they see a suggestion lowering their item. Repeatedly making price suggestions is trashing the economy even more. I agree.

if someone considers them self a trader and panic sells, they are bad traders, end of. you can either win in a market, or lose. if you panic sell something you immediately lose money, but can also save yourself money if you know the drop will be significant. when i had tonnes of buds i sold them all for 1-2 ref loss because i knew exactly what was going to happen to them. got over 19 keys for basically every bud i had, now here we are

• Administrators

People panic sell with a lower buyout when they see a suggestion lowering their item. Repeatedly making price suggestions is trashing the economy even more. I agree.

This vv

if someone considers them self a trader and panic sells, they are bad traders, end of. you can either win in a market, or lose. if you panic sell something you immediately lose money, but can also save yourself money if you know the drop will be significant. when i had tonnes of buds i sold them all for 1-2 ref loss because i knew exactly what was going to happen to them. got over 19 keys for basically every bud i had, now here we are

It's not always the people who consider themselves traders.

not anyone's problem except theirs. if they want to lose money, it's their choice. meanwhile big traders will pick up the pieces which has always been the case.

Archived