Why are traders mean?

#Tech

Why do you guys think the Trading Community is filled with people being mean to each other? Like, we all have the same goal, to make profit, so why be mean to each other? Its just plain rude. Maybe its the fact that its over the internet and on the internet people don't care about other people's feelings. Hmm. Food for thought.

Through the process of trading in order to make more profit we sometimes make pacts with the devil.

I've lost about 50% of my soul. :c

Sometimes it's all about thinking about what you're doing like "is this fair? would I do this deal myself?".

Also, don't be mad, I was just joking with you because you'd sent me a bad offer. I'm generally a cool guy if you're not sending me crazy offers or passive-agressive counter-offers.

Also, I'll keep your scrap forever as a sign of our friendsh..... ops, crafted it.

The community is full of people who add you to make terrible offers

Who ignore any guidelines that you put into your trade

And there are so many kids, who don't want to read much, that you'll lose your chances of selling something if you write a good deal of text on what is allowed to offer.

That makes traders mad and sad.

The community is full of people who add you to make terrible offers

Who ignore any guidelines that you put into your trade

And there are so many kids, who don't want to read much, that you'll lose your chances of selling something if you write a good deal of text on what is allowed to offer.

That makes traders mad and sad.

Yes, but does it really warrant calling those people "fags" and "idiots" because they made a bad offer?

In my opinion, it really doesn't. You don't just call somebody that because they made you a bad offer, imagine if you did that at your work.

You call your boss a "fag" because he doesn't give you a raise. That won't help you, so why do it?

Would you call a little kid, say 9 years old, a "fag" if you came across him in real life? No, no one would.

So why do people do it in the trading community?

Sure, they might not understand how to trade and how to appropriately make offers, but they will never learn if you instantly block them.

I personally believe people should help other traders learn, rather than bashing their soul with hatred crimes of death. <-- 2 deep 4 u lulz 

I don't see how calling your boss a fag is related in any way to calling bad traders fags. Traders don't have any authority over you -.-

I don't see how calling your boss a fag is related in any way to calling bad traders fags. Traders don't have any authority over you -.-

So does that allow you to call them bad names?

It'd really help if the people adding me didn't all have 3 chromosome 21s.

It'd also help if they could read and comprehend simple English.

10:31 - [swat] SwagPolice: i said only show not trade
10:31 - [swat] SwagPolice: stupid son a of a b*tch
*when people want to show me their item offers and I refuse*

635032494675739023.jpg

Yes, but does it really warrant calling those people "fags" and "idiots" because they made a bad offer?

In my opinion, it really doesn't. You don't just call somebody that because they made you a bad offer, imagine if you did that at your work.

You call your boss a "fag" because he doesn't give you a raise. That won't help you, so why do it?

Would you call a little kid, say 9 years old, a "fag" if you came across him in real life? No, no one would.

Sure, they might not understand how to trade and how to appropriately make offers, but they will never learn if you instantly block them.

I personally believe people should help other traders learn, rather than bashing their soul with hatred crimes of death. <-- 2 deep 4 u lulz

Some new guy wanted to sell his weapons to me for a key each. I gave him a half hour lesson on the economy. No insults. No point.

What the hell are you talking about? I explained the reason why traders are generally a bunch of annoyed people. It's because of the huge bunch of idiots around.

That is completely different from the manner in which an individual controls, or displays their anger.

Most traders are mean only when people make troll offers, spam, or waste a considerable amount of time. If you offer something that the trader is actually looking for and you show signs of intelligence people are generally very nice. 

example

Looking for pure or first gen unusuals!

No 3rd gen unusuals or robo hats please!

First reply 

u wnt excnge ur crapy hat for my gud tir U robo hat wit phosfurus?

If you're this guy expect a response of "fuck off"

Second reply

Hey, I was wondering if you would trade your hat for my burning veil?

If you're this guy expect a nice response. If they decline your offer expect a pleasant response such as "no thanks" or "sorry, you would have to add 10 buds for me to take that"

oupots mane

>du nat adme unles pay bo

>ads n e wai

> "i dnt wnt ur unsuahl"

lyk if u cri ervtiem

i crie evritiem, but i dunt liek. :^(

Most traders are mean only when people make troll offers, spam, or waste a considerable amount of time. If you offer something that the trader is actually looking for and you show signs of intelligence people are generally very nice. 

Hey, I was wondering if you would trade your hat for my burning veil?

It says right in my trade, not accepting 1st gen cancer effects on shitty miscs.

if you throw a group of people together ages 10-30, from different parts of the world, with varying intelligence and comprehension of English, shits gonna go down

Pretty much what I do as well in regards to my trades; if the person makes an attempt to read my notes and offer accordinly, then I try to consider their offer and be respectful about it. But too often I run into people who either:

- Don't offer, but try to lecture me on my pricing

- Try to go way lower than my asking price and get angry when I refuse

- Continue to try and start something when I hide their offer with no response

- Try to hijack my trade by advertising on it

- Add me when I ask sometimes not to and offer me items I never asked for (then get mad)

- Add me and when I ask them what they added me for, unadd me with no response/ tell me they added me but bought from someone else.

Hell, one time I had a guy add me and the first thing he did was say my name was stupid.... really? You add me for a trade and the first thing you do is insult my name choice? Sorry, but in that case my patience has dried out.

In short, I try to show every trader I deal with respect until they prove I shouldn't. And a majority of the time, they end up showing me I shouldn't.

if you throw a group of people together ages 10-30, from different parts of the world, with varying intelligence and comprehension of English, shits gonna go down

10?

you really think thats the low point?

I seem to run across mental toddlers on a regular basis.

Archived