HELP ACCOUNT HIJACKED

Hugh Jazz

SteamCracker and MailCracker? Can you explain?

SteamCracker: They send you a link aka "Phising Links" And they get information using your java programs, and that gets your Steam Info, And log in and change instantly using java aswell. Mailcracker: Changes password, secret question, second mail option, phone number, And thats mostly my experience with the cracking.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SteamCracker: They send you a link aka "Phising Links" And they get information using your java programs, and that gets your Steam Info, And log in and change instantly using java aswell. Mailcracker: Changes password, secret question, second mail option, phone number, And thats mostly my experience with the cracking.

Oh and SteamCracker disables SteamGuard 

never clicking a link again.

never clicking a link again.

You can, just check the link on "Is This Website a Phising Website?" site, Makes everything so much easier

I use a Mac, change anything?

Also, what about gmail's 2-way verification?

I use a Mac, change anything?

Also, what about gmail's 2-way verification?

really good question, but on that one i have NO idea actually, But i don't think anything has changed just because of you using a mac, Soyeah

-Sw1tchyyy

Oh and SteamCracker disables SteamGuard

Huh? That makes no sense.

If you or anything else disables Steam Guard, you cannot trade - i.e. not steal anything either.

I don't know if you are referring to anything specific with "SteamCracker" and "MailCracker", but I am interested to know what exactly that is.

Just for clarification, if you get a phishing link and enter your details, there is no need for any "Cracker". If you get a link with a program you download and execute, that is a Virus/Trojan. If you visit a link and a program executes itself in your operating system without you doing anything besides visiting that link, that's an exploit.

What do you mean by using your "Java Programs"? Do you mean that the attacker uses an exploit in your Browser's Java Plugin to gain system access and steals your information?

I have yet to see such an exploit for hijacking Steam accounts, but would love to see one to investigate.

Same with "MailCracker". Does that target the major freemail providers like google and Microsoft while you are logged in with your browser?

I would love to know where you got that information about those two programs / exploits from and how they work exactly.

If you or anything else disables Steam Guard, you cannot trade - i.e. not steal anything either.

I don't know if you are referring to anything specific with "SteamCracker" and "MailCracker", but I am interested to know what exactly that is.

Just for clarification, if you get a phishing link and enter your details, there is no need for any "Cracker". If you get a link with a program you download and execute, that is a Virus/Trojan. If you visit a link and a program executes itself in your operating system without you doing anything besides visiting that link, that's an exploit.

What do you mean by using your "Java Programs"? Do you mean that the attacker uses an exploit in your Browser's Java Plugin to gain system access and steals your information?

I have yet to see such an exploit for hijacking Steam accounts, but would love to see one to investigate.

Same with "MailCracker". Does that target the major freemail providers like google and Microsoft while you are logged in with your browser?

I would love to know where you got that information about those two programs / exploits from and how they work exactly.

I'm gone for the weekend, but i'll reply fully when i come back.

-Sw1tchyyy

Allright, i got the information from experience, and i'm not really to sure of how it works completely, but it finds a way THROUGH steamguard, and can still trade, its like they use your code w/o having it. 

-Sw1tchyyy

• 4 weeks later...

Good luck!!! 

Hope you get your stuff back DDDD:

And as for the discussion as to how these work, most likely it was a keylogger (tracks what you type) and sends it as a data packet somewhere i think TT^TT

Good luck!!! 

Hope you get your stuff back DDDD:

And as for the discussion as to how these work, most likely it was a keylogger (tracks what you type) and sends it as a data packet somewhere i think TT^TT

hugh jazz got his stuff back already I believe

Archived