Official Poll: Do you want plugs gone from status updates?

polar

"Plugs" - links to a person's own outpost / bazaar trades  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Should we remove "plugs" from status updates?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other

I dont get what you mean by power traders

What i said to polar, we can add a toggle to enable/disable showing plugs

Brad and FIskie both said they won't be touching forum code so unless there is a plugin, that will not happen most likely.

By power traders I meant traders who mostly trade for profit.

Im fine with it. As long as you say "Plug" I think it should be allowed. Some people get very nasty when others plug trades though, which I find quite unnesecary

• Administrators

"Plug" - link to a person's own outpost / bazaar profile page or specific trade

Personally, I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other, but this website caters to the community and if people feel strongly about getting rid of them, then we are willing to listen. I can certainly see how they can be annoying. There are frequently very relevant / important posts in status updates, and it is very annoying when spam or plugs quickly wipe them off the front page. They also tend to dilute the useful posts in status updates and make it harder to find important posts.

Anyways, please give voice to your opinions here. Do you want plugs gone? I'd love to hear why you feel strongly one way or the other in comments below. Just please avoid comments like, "yes, please," as that is simply redundant.

I don't see why is that a problem at all. Yes, it gets a bit annoying for some when a person plugs every hour or so but that doesn't mean the rest should receive punishment as well. If you don't like seeing/clicking on trade advertisement, then just ignore them. There is no need to cry and whine about it. 

Yes, the plugs may not work 100% of the time but there are times where you actually can get a buyer from here.

I don't see why it should be removed at all. Voting for no.  :ph34r:

They really serve no purpose imo because when you plug a trade, either the whole entire community spams your trade or you get no business at all.

Spam, imo, actually helps with trades since it makes you seem less of a stuck-up asshole since you'll more than likely "play" along with the spam. 

Voted yes. Everyone here is a profit whore plugging is pointless and annkying unless it is a major quicksell. Use the trading sub forum how you are supposed to.

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/8036-limit-the-number-of-plugs/?hl=%2Blimit+%2Bnumber+%2Bplugs

or just make it a bannable offence.

its the cancer of this forum and needs to get rid of. noone ever buys so mething from it anyhow. just makes everyone mad

Didn't someone create a plug thread?

I believe there's not many people who have success with the plug's and they take up a lot of space, I'd say get a limit of 1 per day/week or remove it.

Archived