A Response to the CA Shootings and Cries for "Gun Control"

ᴰᵉᶜᵏ Henry

It may.not make you dangerous but it does make violent criminals mentally unwell etc dangerous. But how can you tell who is dangerous or not most people never visit a psychiatrist and same with criminal. Which leaves the problem how do we stop these people getting guns and killing people and the only realistic answer is stringent background checks at the very least or gin controls that keep guns out of the hands of most civilians. It would be great for everyone to have guns but if the cost of that is large scale loss of life well then......

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having guns doesn't make you a killer or a dangerous person , i have 6 rifles , 2 guns and 1 AR and i use them to hunt or just practice

How do you feel about the AR being stored at your local range when not in use? Also, how do you feel about a smart gun for personal defense? Its the kind that won't let you use it without a wristband.

How do you feel about the AR being stored at your local range when not in use? Also, how do you feel about a smart gun for personal defense? Its the kind that won't let you use it without a wristband.

The AR is stored in my room and i shoot at my backyard , its pretty big.

Do you honestly think people kill because they have guns?

No just when they decide to kill they can easily get a gun making them that much more efficient at killng.

Well, think about this. Just because somebody owns a gun doesn't mean they're gonna kill people or shoot up a school. A small fraction of the people that own guns actually use them for violence and crimes. 
Gun control might help a bit with crimes, but it's definitely not gonna resolve the issue that much. People that go on these killing sprees or shootings, do you think they care if guns are harder to obtain because of laws? Because they're already breaking the laws by killing people. 
Also, if someone really had the motive of killing somebody, they don't really need a gun to do it. If they can't obtain a gun, they can kill their victim with poison, a knife, a car, fire, etc. It's not like if guns were illegal to own, the amount of murders committed would significantly decrease.
But that's just my input of course. 

Well, think about this. Just because somebody owns a gun doesn't mean they're gonna kill people or shoot up a school. A small fraction of the people that own guns actually use them for violence and crimes. 

Gun control might help a bit with crimes, but it's definitely not gonna resolve the issue that much. People that go on these killing sprees or shootings, do you think they care if guns are harder to obtain because of laws? Because they're already breaking the laws by killing people. 

Also, if someone really had the motive of killing somebody, they don't really need a gun to do it. If they can't obtain a gun, they can kill their victim with poison, a knife, a car, fire, etc. It's not like if guns were illegal to own, the amount of murders committed would significantly decrease.

But that's just my input of course.

Did you even read this thread the response to all those questions is contained there.It will drop murder rates becuase many murder crime are not planned out as a result of that if there isn't a handy Ar15 in the household they will be much less likely to risk a confrontation seen as it would have to be psychical eg a knife . As for per planned murder rates there is not much you can do about them but to make it harder by removing guns and making them rely on less effecient ways of killing

As for mentalists still being able to get guns with gun control. That is a false statement true they could if they wanted get guns illegally now no problem. But with gun control implemented the number of guns In the country will gradually drop to due to voluntary hand in seizing by police and destruction . The simple fact is more guns will be destroyed than bought into the USA in fact nearly all illegal guns in the USA originated from legal gun suppliers. There is also the misconception that gun smugling is a huge business which it is in fact not becuase by most criminal crime syndicates its not viewed as economical especially with its high risk. Meaning the little gun smuggling in the us is mainly performed at a local gang level which isn't hard to catch. And the simple fact Is that for all the reasons above after a few years the us will become like many other gun control states where only the hardened criminals with money to spend will be able to get there hands on guns (Which a Mentslist is neither btw) and these guns will be used more sparingly due to the police being able to devote more resources to there capture and gun crime being seen as less of a norm

The AR is stored in my room and i shoot at my backyard , its pretty big.

I mean that it would always be stored there unless you check it out for specific reasons and ow about the smart gun?

I mean that it would always be stored there unless you check it out for specific reasons and ow about the smart gun?

The 2 guns i have are for defence.And its not very likely that i will use them because i have fences all around my house.

The 2 guns i have are for defence.And its not very likely that i will use them because i have fences all around my house.

Having guns doesnt make you a killer or a dangerous person , i have 6 rifles , 2 guns and 1 AR and i use them to hunt or just practice

Aha?

Archived