A Response to the CA Shootings and Cries for "Gun Control"

ᴰᵉᶜᵏ Henry

A very high percentage of the U.S gun deaths are caused not by criminals but by people who are depressed / people who have a sudden passion or get really mad at a certain moment / psychopaths. Why? Because guns allow them. In other countries these people don't do anything because, hell, they can't even get a pistol.

^^ totally agree.

People might always act on a sudden spurt of rage. How are we ever gonna stop these kind of people. They can be perfectly normal one second and they can turn into murderers the next second.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A very high percentage of the U.S gun deaths are caused not by criminals but by people who are depressed / people who have a sudden passion or get really mad at a certain moment / psychopaths. Why? Because guns allow them. In other countries these people don't do anything because, hell, they can't even get a pistol.

Lol. First of all, please provide proof of this "very high percentage." (You can't, because that's horseshit.) Secondly, YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT. If someone wants to use a gun, THEY ARE GOING TO USE A GUN. You can't just "Take away all the guns" You arn't even thinking! Like Dabaers said above, THIS ISNT SOME SIMULATION, THIS IS REALITY.

Lol. First of all, please provide proof of this "very high percentage." (You can't, because that's horseshit.) Secondly, YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT. If someone wants to use a gun, THEY ARE GOING TO USE A GUN. You can't just "Take away all the guns" You arn't even thinking! Like Dabaers said above, THIS ISNT SOME SIMULATION, THIS IS REALITY.

yer not gonna win a argument by calling someone horseshit-.-

Oh really? Hows it like living in a box on Mars?

I would LOVE to hear which country you live in that you think this applies to. It must be nice having a 0% crime rate.

Edit: Singapore. lol.

i live in greece and we dont need weapons to defend our selfs our childrens are not trying to kill one another when they are going to school.something that you americans have as a hobby i guees.

well if you cant control your weapons close your schools that way your childrens might be away from danger.

Jokes aside.I think it is a caltural thing your nations had the most wars the last century the situation that you have there i am sure its a leftover of the bloodthirsty ppl have in your country unfortunate you dont have enough wars to send those individually so they are killing inside the borders.

You need to start a new war asap.

when the europe colonized america they send every criminal rapist killer etc there to work for the colonization.

that result to indians and every native american to vanish from the erea.It's in americans dna imo.

you are barbarian with high tech sort of.

yer not gonna win a argument by calling someone horseshit-.-

I didn't call you horseshit, I called your accusations horseshit, and on that note you still haven't provided proof to them.

But the reality is that many many countries which do have gun control still function perfectly fine.

The obsession that "we need guns to defend ourselves" is totally idiotic, if someone wanted to kill you they would, except with a gun you allow that person to be that much more efficient at killing.

I'm done arguing with this. I have made my arguments and my points, and failed to receive or see any meaning or logic in other people's. I am also starting to get a slight feeling that half the other people arguing against me aren't even old enough to own, buy, or shoot guns so take that for what its worth :P

On the other hand, I can't wait until my birthday in a month so I can go buy another assault rifle or a nice handgun :D Oh, the freedoms, rights, and liberties that you can enjoy when not oppressed by a tyrant-like government. And no, I will not be committing any mass shootings or murders. ("But wait, Henry. You have guns! You must be a bad guy!")

In 1996, 28-year-old Martin Bryant finished his lunch in a café in the seaside resort of Port Arthur and pulled out a semi-automatic rifle. In the first 15 seconds of his attack, he killed 12 and wounded 10. In all, he shot more than 50 people in six locations, killing 35. The worst mass shooting in Australia's history capped a violent decade of mass shootings that killed nearly 100 – and Australians had had enough.

Only 12 days later, Prime Minister John Howard – a conservative who had just been elected with the help of gun owners – pushed through not only new gun control laws, but also the most ambitious gun buyback program seen in recent memory.

The laws banned assault rifles, tightened gun owner licensing, and created national uniform registration standards. Howard knew they might be unpopular among some of the same voters who helped put him into office -- during one particularly hostile public town hall, he wore a bulletproof vest.

But something extraordinary happened: the laws tapped into public revulsion at the shooting and became extremely popular. And they became extremely effective.

In the last 16 years, the risk of dying by gunshot in Australia has fallen by more than 50 percent. The national rate of gun homicide is one-thirtieth that of the United States. And there hasn't been a single mass shooting since Port Arthur.

Just some info on how a country which had tons of people owning a gun became a relatively safe country:)

I'm done arguing with this. I have made my arguments and my points, and failed to receive or see any meaning or logic in other people's. I am also starting to get a slight feeling that half the other people arguing against me aren't even old enough to own, buy, or shoot guns so take that for what its worth :P

On the other hand, I can't wait until my birthday in a month so I can go buy another assault rifle or a nice handgun :D Oh, the freedoms, rights, and liberties that you can enjoy when not oppressed by a tyrant-like government. And no, I will not be committing any mass shootings or murders. ("But wait, Henry. You have guns! You must be a bad guy!")

i really like how u have labelled around 70% of the world's government as tyrants:P

Completely idiocratic

you are not free in a country that allows you to buy weapons

you are free in a country you dont need to buy weapons

change country.

Go check most U.S shoo I'm not saying ALL of them were done by non-criminals. Columbine is a good example. If the guy didn't have that many guns I doubt he'd have done anything. He was not a criminal. He was just a sad, depressive teenager. And it's you who is missing the point. If you had read my post... "Why? Because guns allow them. In other countries these people don't do anything because, hell, they can't even get a pistol." - if they can't get a weapon they won't be able to use a gun. Also calm down. 

i really like how u have labelled around 70% of the world's government as tyrants:P

There you go again, throwing out and around random (incorrect) statistics.

you are not free in a country that allows you to buy weapons

Wut. So freedom is being told you are not allowed to do something? #liberallogic

And exactly what would you be needing a assault rifle for...

and um...not to be stating the obvious or anything by the police force in america oppress their citizens more than any place in the world...not exactly "free" imo

and um...not to be stating the obvious or anything by the police force in america oppress their citizens more than any place in the world...not exactly "free" imo

This is the most absurd accusation I have heard in awhile. Please explain, I will DEFINITELY be sticking around to hear this.

Wut. So freedom is being told you are not allowed to do something? #liberallogic

frreedom is not to need to yeld a weapon

weapons are yeld to kill or to spread fear.

you cant possible claim usa is a free country with free ppl when you are at war with yourselfs there.

you are the perfect example of what every country should not be like.

frreedom is not to need to yeld a weapon

Who the hell is saying that we NEED a weapon? Its the principle and right that we have the freedom to own guns if we wish, or the freedom to not own guns if we wish. What part about that don't you get?

Freedom is to be able to go to school without fearing that i will be shot by people

I guess i'm very free then.

Freedom is to be able to go to school without fearing that i will be shot by people

Well guess what bud, if there was someone in your country who wanted to come to your school and start shooting, they would do it, just like here in America. Guns are more widely available that you think, legally or illegally.

Who the hell is saying that we NEED a weapon? Its the principle and right that we have the freedom to own guns if we wish, or the freedom to not own guns if we wish. What part about that don't you get?

well is your constitution saying anything about munitions?you can  make munitions illegal and you can keep your weapons to look at them and feel great about yourselfs

imaginary american dialogue follows:

-Oh pls daddy i want that new ak47

-no son you will get that desert eagle its safer.

-but why dad pls i promise that if you buy me the ak 47 i wont kill anyone at school.

-Well ok i guess son you can have that russian weapon but i need you to get better grades

-sure dad me and my AK47 will give our best for it!

(that is what we think about americans here in europe and frankly noone gives a damn in my opinion you better use your guns to kill americans than go outwild and kill everyother citizen in this globe)

you need to search a little deeper why you are allowed to have huns its not secret that the bigest gun manufacturers are americans and the cash is big in the buiseness,

they would never make them illegal america is a capitalistic country that only make laws for profit incomes human safety is not even a secondary for your government.

You don't even know what freedom is and sadly you're just one more closed-minded american who doesn't listen to anyone and only talks and talks. It's even hard to comunicate with you to be honest. If you ever read some books or open your mind you'll realize how stupid it is say a country is free because its citizens can have guns and shoot at cans. Do you know what countries are also "free"? The congo, Chad, Somalia, Liberia, Afghanistan (as getting a gun is extremely easy there)... I'm not even sure if you'll understand what I mean. Guns don't make people free the same way your neoliberalist shit doesn't.

Archived