Is this sharking?

Ward - MvM Anyone?

What if he trades you randomly and offers you it for a weapon is that considered sharking too?

Cause it has happen to me before

this happens to me almost everyday. not max -> weapons but some people wants to pay 5-6 times more of the item value. i generally don' accept and make a fair trade and warn them but i ask this question everytime to myself. its all about ethic..

It's sharking, yeah.  If you know the price of something and you know you are clearly getting it for vastly less than its true value and you say nothing to that person about this fact, then you are sharking them.  You're clearly seeking to take advantage of their lack of knowledge for your own personal gain.  You need to let them know first.  If after that, they are still fine with it, you're in the clear.  As long as you gave them the opportunity to make an informed decision, you're good.

Its fine. The community is just so fucked up that every 0.33 you pay less is considered as sharking.

Its fine. The community is just so fucked up that every 0.33 you pay less is considered as sharking.

If you wanna be that ignorant about it.

If you wanna be that ignorant about it.

Just ignore him.  He obviously didn't even read the OP, otherwise he never would have said that.  Just another moron who can't read.  Probably belongs on outpost.

It all depends really. If you knew the value, yes its sharking. But if both users didn't then no. Unless the owner of the max was desperate for 4 ref and some hats. then thats not sharking

DO NOT LIST IT ON OUTPOST

you will get banned, if you keep it and wear it then maybe in about 6-9 months you can sell it

I think it depends on if certain people think prices like how many keys the max's head is is on a need to know basis

So in that scenario that you trade some hats and weapons for a max and both sides are happy then you are bad because you profited big time and he didn't know that you did.

But what if you buy a vintage bills on SCM for $2.5? Is that sharking? Is that bad? Does the medium of indirect contact somehow make it "legal" or "moral"?

What about a trade offer? What if you offered some guy one key for his earbuds and he accepts? What if some guy trade offers his earbuds for your weapons? Trade offers offer a means of trading that limits direct contact between parties.

DO NOT LIST IT ON OUTPOST

you will get banned, if you keep it and wear it then maybe in about 6-9 months you can sell it

I didn't buy one, but it would be sharking if I did

What if you told him that he was being ripped off and he says he doesn't care and still wants whatever little he asked for? Is it still sharking?

What if you told him that he was being ripped off and he says he doesn't care and still wants whatever little he asked for? Is it still sharking?

hmm, if you told him that its worth 3 buds and he said that he doesn't care he still wants your weps, then I guess not... but for all we know he could think that earbuds are themselves worth a few weapons, very slippery slope

Archived