>Asks him if you can trade for it

>Says yes

>Goes into trades and asks him what he would like

>Asks if he can have some weapons and stranges and some hats

>Says yes

>Picks around 4 refined in hats and weapons

>Readies up and gives you the max head for 4 ref in items

>Both walk away happy from trade

There's no manipulation, there's no threat or force, just a simple "What would you like" and let him have all the power

Would that be sharking?

just asking:c

Oh and btw, no price was ever asked for. I know it would be sharking if he asked for a price and you said "Wel i duno" but lets pretend that no price was ever asked for, would it still be a shark?

Well you knew the price of the Max and knew you were paying less than fraction of a fraction of the price without informing the owner of its actual price and you took advantage of it. So yes it would be considered sharking.

Well you knew the price of the Max and knew you were paying less than fraction of a fraction of the price without informing the owner of its actual price and you took advantage of it. So yes it would be considered sharking.

True that but lets say that the owner of the head was more than happy to get 20 weapons and a few hats for it, and you didn't force anything on him, you said "Pick which weapons and hats that you would like" and he does and you both walk away happy with your trade and you get no complaints, would it stil be considered sharking?

Tough question. I'd say no, because you were both happy, there was no manipulation as you said (well, perhaps indirectly, as you never informed him, but...), HE chose the items, and you both agreed to it. This could honestly go both ways, though. I'd have to imagine most people won't share these views.

True that but lets say that the owner of the head was more than happy to get 20 weapons and a few hats for it, and you didn't force anything on him, you said "Pick which weapons and hats that you would like" and he does and you both walk away happy with your trade and you get no complaints, would it stil be considered sharking?

Yes, because as I said previously. Read again.

Well he should of known the price, since he has a 3 bud hat. So if he happily accepted, then it's fine in my eyes.

Well he should of known the price, since he has a 3 bud hat. So if he happily accepted, then it's fine in my eyes.

There are people who actually earned the Max promos from the game and never got into the trading business and are unaware of values. Then years later they actually decide they want to trade, but have no clue of the prices of their items or even if there are any.

Yes, it probably is, but you both walk away from a trade happy, so if the person learns of the value of the max later, it would be their decision if they were sharked or still happy about the trade.

as long as you don't actually lie about the hat's value / the value of what you're offering (or giving) then i don't really have an issue. sharking yes, do i care about it, no.

There are people who actually earned the Max promos from the game and never got into the trading business and are unaware of values. Then years later they actually decide they want to trade, but have no clue of the prices of their items or even if there are any.

Yeah but the chances of that are very slim.

Yeah but the chances of that are very slim.

I've run into plenty. Even people who joined before trading even existed, plenty of people are unaware of spreadsheets.

Slippery slope, what about if you added him to trade him and asked him if he was selling anything, and he said "Yes I am selling this max head i would like weps pls"

Would it be sharking then?

Slippery slope, what about if you added him to trade him and asked him if he was selling anything, and he said "Yes I am selling this max head i would like weps pls"

Would it be sharking then?

You can interpret this as many times as you'd like, it still would be. I think the only exception is if they know the price, but they don't care about it and just sell it for whatever they ask for.

In legal definitions, it is not.

Morally though, it is.  

You were aware of its true price, and could have informed him that he was getting ripped off, but chose not to.  Yes, he is happy with the trade, but you limited him in his choices because he was unaware.

What if he trades you randomly and offers you it for a weapon is that considered sharking too?

Cause it has happen to me before

In legal definitions, it is not.

Morally though, it is.  

You were aware of its true price, and could have informed him that he was getting ripped off, but chose not to.  Yes, he is happy with the trade, but you limited him in his choices because he was unaware.

^ Yup. You won't get in trouble for paying little for it but People get jelly and butthurt they try to make you feel guilty

^ Yup. You won't get in trouble for paying little for it but People get jelly and butthurt they try to make you feel guilty

"Won't get in trouble"

>Admins will give you shit for it on outpost

>Bp.tf mods might give you shit for it

>You'll become notorious for it

"Won't get in trouble"

>Admins will give you shit for it on outpost

>Bp.tf mods might give you shit for it

>You'll become notorious for it

^

Archived