Have You Ever Sharked Someone?

Bellsproot

Let's huddle around and share some of our deepest darkest secrets about how you got that hat you really like from that kid who said, "hur dur gimme a machinima fer dis ugly purble hat." I know for a fact that almost all of us have sharked before. Whether you do it anymore or not is your deal, but talk about a time that you did.

I'll start:

I traded a guy a Genuine Brutal Boufflant and a Vintage Stockbroker's Scarf for his Bill's Hat because he hadn't played since like 2009, so he had no idea of it's worth. I kinda regretted it, but hey, what he doesn't know, doesn't hurt him.

3J0og.png

(nuts and bolts)

March 8th 2013. Sometime during my first few trading weeks. I had no idea what the rag was worth and I had just crafted the dresser, the dude unboxed it in the very same server and traded me after seeing I had crafted it, offered it to me and I accepted. He left and a few mins later another guy traded me and offered pure (which was about 14 keys at the time), and took it.

Oh shit, I forgot this isn't 4chan. Can't say shit like this without ban.

Anyone wouldn't give 2 shits about 2-3ish keys being sharked. Either way, if he was content with the trade then let it be, you haven't manipulated him or anything.

A buddy of mine just got a bills hat for about a key in stranges, but the guy with the bill's sent him the trade offer so.

When that odd level weapon glitch happened during the release of mvm, I started buying weapons from 1scrap sellers  :P

I made about 12 keys of people just offering on their items. Not really sharking. I just traded them and asked what they wanted for their hats. I feel..... dirty.

I bought a Salvaged crate 50 for 2 weapons (it was not a shark because that's what he wanted on outpost. A hell of a deal though ) http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/18551530 

He was F2P so I had to buy him a upgrade to premium gift, that's probably why nobody got it before me lol.

Holy Christ I saw your bp on April 24 at 3200+ ref then the next day practically nothing. What happened?

Guys, this is talking about you sharking others, not you making great deals. If you want to share your great deals, go to this thread: http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/1582-good-deals-that-you-made/

Anyways, a few months ago, I was once on a trade server and was selling a dirty high five taunt for a key. Some guy trades me and offers some items. I decided to take 0.33 ref off the bp.tf price of every item he offered as a way of item overpay or what I think I said "What I pay for those" or something. I ended up selling the high five taunt for 1.5 keys in items.

After the trade, I felt very guilty for having sharked the guy because I thought I had undervalued his items or made him believe the prices I stated were the actual prices of the items he was offering.

got the summer coatcheck thing for 1 key (before my trading days) so i got sharked i guess? and i got the meet the medic thing for like 6 weapons

One time i bought a blood botkiller knife but i didn't have pure so I offered him a gold botkiller flamethrower mk.1 and a key but all he wanted was my silver botkiller sticky bomb launcher I tried telling him that is wasn't worth it but he insisted so then I gave him the sticky launcher. Hey I tried telling him but he really wanted the sticky launcher.

Holy Christ I saw your bp on April 24 at 3200+ ref then the next day practically nothing. What happened?

To make a long story short I got mad at tf2 so I unboxed like 150(crates got nothing),then gave most everything in my backpack to my brother so he can have fun trading, uninstalled TF2, started playing CS:GO, saw the nice skins in CS:GO but could not buy them because I hardy had any market money and so I started trading again to buy CS:GO stuff  :wacko:

Met this french guy, he had loads, and I mean LOADS of valuable shit on him, he didn't know the prices for anything. I offered him on some items, asked him what he wanted for some items and he just pointed them out and got them

Got summer shades for around 2 keys

Got A strange gunslinger for a 15 key N&B unusual

Got a Strange kritskreig (when they were 30keys) for 7 keys in items

Got 2 Killers Kit for 2 Soda Poppers.

2x A Color Similar to Slate and a Deep Commitment to Purple 2 ref each.

Got also a Strange Cleaners Carbine for 0.66.

42.05 ref of stranges for only 14.66 ref (and in items).

I had told them I would pay bp.tf prices. They still agreed to these deals.

One time I sharked a guy named Gill so hard, a literal shark flew out of his screen and ate him. Fortunately, he decided to give he access to his bank account. I bought $10k  worth of Shark Replellant for his family

One time I sharked a guy named Gill so hard, a literal shark flew out of his screen and ate him. Fortunately, he decided to give he access to his bank account. I bought $10k  worth of Shark Replellant for his family

Shaaark Repellant!

Never get sharked again!

Archived