Class Tiers

DiamondHavoc.

1. Demo - My favorite. Stickies are beast and Grenade launcher is devastating 

2. Heavy - I just have fun destroying people.

3. Scout - Fast, Agile, Annoying and you can go toe-to-toe with anyone (Except for engi's sentry)

4. Spy - One of the most intense and fun classes there are. Ever had the experience of going pass undetected with a team of pyros that are spy checking? 

5. Soldier - Rocket jump + Market??? Awesomeness.

6. Pyro - MHHMHMHMM?!?!? 

7. Sniper - I'm actually good at sniper, but I'd rather play another class. Sniper is too idle for me.

8. Engi - I usually kill more people with my shotgun than with my sentry. Everyone plays differently.

9. Medic - One of the most boring class too play, but when I play medic. You can count on me too heal all of the team by myself.

Even thou medic is really boring its essential to a team and a team with no medics is likely to loose

1. TIE Med/Soldier (both help team in different ways, Med provides push potential, Soldier provides skill, both have high ceilings.)

2. Engie (No team is a team without one. Even in Sixes, they lack excellent Mini Rektage. Surprisingly high skill ceiling. ) 

3. Demo (Versatility, high ceiling, etc. Very useful for almost every situation)

4. Scooty Booty (Extra cap speed, can be incredibly good or incredibly bad. Depends on the scout.) 

5. Sniper (High potential, high skill floor, just weak enough to make up for the instakills)

6. Pyro (very high potential, airblast makes things interesting, Phlogs can burn in hell with their users, short range doesn't quite make up for instakill potential/free crits)

7. Spy (High skill floor, massive ceiling. Incredible instakill potential, ability to remove buildings, overall kinda OP in the right hands.) <insert Red-Tape rant>

8. Demoknight

9. Spycrab

10. Vagineer

11. Haloween Pumpkins

12. AFK Default Snipers

13. Hoovy (absolute f2p. Walk at people, get heals, get kills. More W+M1 than Pyro could ever touch. No skill floor whatsoever, sandwich for instant heals, Huo-Long Heater to take care of spies, Natacha for instant Scout kills, Brass Beast for making an Engie's life hell, more than 2 on a team with a decent medic makes for instant victory. Really needs to be rebalanced, but won't, because he's the face of the game.)

-snip-

13. Hoovy (absolute f2p. Walk at people, get heals, get kills. More W+M1 than Pyro could ever touch. No skill floor whatsoever, sandwich for instant heals, Huo-Long Heater to take care of spies, Natacha for instant Scout kills, Brass Beast for making an Engie's life hell, more than 2 on a team with a decent medic makes for instant victory. Really needs to be rebalanced, but won't, because he's the face of the game.)

Heavy was made as a walking sentry.

He has the biggest head in tf2 so snipers can easily kill him. His is the SLOWEST class and he is almost immobile when his shooting  and with his big structure anyone can easily damage and backstab him.

Sentry+Engi = Heavy+Medic.  I don't get why engi is number 2.

He does not need rebalancing. People just need to know how to take him down.

Heavy was made as a walking sentry.

He has the biggest head in tf2 so snipers can easily kill him. His is the SLOWEST class and he is almost immobile when his shooting  and with his big structure anyone can easily damage and backstab him.

Sentry+Engi = Heavy+Medic.  I don't get why engi is number 2.

He does not need rebalancing. People just need to know how to take him down.

>Sentry+Engi

>"People need to know how to take him down"

>lolwut?

But seriously, can an Engie have a lvl 3 sentry on demand? Simply by walking forward and having a friendly medic on the team? Can a Hoovy be sapped? Can an Engie have a regenerating instant-metal source like the hoovy's instant-health sanvich, or is an engie without metal out of luck? Can a sentry be Ubered, healed by a Med, or can it run away when damaged? What about the ring of fire that makes a spy's life hell? Can Engies have those too? Or different sentries that do nearly the same damage, but have slowdown effects, fire silently, or actually boost it's raw damage? And if a Medic wants to run away with his heavy, does the heavy die when the medic get killed, or does he take a movement speed nerf while running with the heavy? Does a Heavy involuntarily make loud noise, informing the enemy to his position every few seconds? I could go on and on. 

Slow? Use the GRU. 

Snipers got you down? What about lower-health classes it doesn't take a full charge to kill on overheal, or a sentry that can't even move. 

Backstab? What's that? Use the Huo-Long Heater, either the backstab of the Med behind you or any of your teammates could save you easily. Get a ding when the fire burns a spy or you stop being pocketed, turn the hell around. 

*drops microphone*

1. scout

2. soldier

3. demo

4. sniper

5. medic

6. pyro

7. spy

8. engineer

9. heavy

You have to look at the KE.  While it is an all class its most dominant class is the scout which lends to scout being the top class.  Players at all levels of skill love to play scout.  This is not true of every class.

http://tf2stats.net/misc_items/?sort=equipped

Check out the other all-classes and you will see that whichever class is the top has an effect on that all classes price and tier.

BTW: something is wrong with the sorting function of the site.  You cant sort by "owners equipt" any more.

1. TIE Med/Soldier (both help team in different ways, Med provides push potential, Soldier provides skill, both have high ceilings.)

2. Engie (No team is a team without one. Even in Sixes, they lack excellent Mini Rektage. Surprisingly high skill ceiling. ) 

3. Demo (Versatility, high ceiling, etc. Very useful for almost every situation)

4. Scooty Booty (Extra cap speed, can be incredibly good or incredibly bad. Depends on the scout.) 

5. Sniper (High potential, high skill floor, just weak enough to make up for the instakills)

6. Pyro (very high potential, airblast makes things interesting, Phlogs can burn in hell with their users, short range doesn't quite make up for instakill potential/free crits)

7. Spy (High skill floor, massive ceiling. Incredible instakill potential, ability to remove buildings, overall kinda OP in the right hands.) <insert Red-Tape rant>

8. Demoknight

9. Spycrab

10. Vagineer

11. Haloween Pumpkins

12. AFK Default Snipers

This was kinda about class tier for unusuals i think.

>Sentry+Engi

>"People need to know how to take him down"

>lolwut?

But seriously, can an Engie have a lvl 3 sentry on demand? Simply by walking forward and having a friendly medic on the team? Can a Hoovy be sapped? Can an Engie have a regenerating instant-metal source like the hoovy's instant-health sanvich, or is an engie without metal out of luck? Can a sentry be Ubered, healed by a Med, or can it run away when damaged? What about the ring of fire that makes a spy's life hell? Can Engies have those too? Or different sentries that do nearly the same damage, but have slowdown effects, fire silently, or actually boost it's raw damage? And if a Medic wants to run away with his heavy, does the heavy die when the medic get killed, or does he take a movement speed nerf while running with the heavy? Does a Heavy involuntarily make loud noise, informing the enemy to his position every few seconds? I could go on and on. 

Slow? Use the GRU. 

Snipers got you down? What about lower-health classes it doesn't take a full charge to kill on overheal, or a sentry that can't even move. 

Backstab? What's that? Use the Huo-Long Heater, either the backstab of the Med behind you or any of your teammates could save you easily. Get a ding when the fire burns a spy or you stop being pocketed, turn the hell around. 

*drops microphone*

Can a sentry be backstabbed? Ever heard of the jag? Engis tend to be close to the base (Eureka effect) and with metal packs scattered on the map engis can easily make a level 3 sentry plus a dispenser. lel, Ubered heavy vs engi behind the sentry reparing it. engi wins easily (I have experienced this when I was engi). Hence I said "Walking" sentry. That ring of fire that make spys life hell is bullshit just go stab the heavy, run and find a health kit or dead ringer if you have it. Pyros and besides engi can easily recognize if it's a spy or not. Does the heavy have the wrangler that can make your sentry easily kill people from long range?  Ever heard of the mini sentry the most annoying little thing in tf2? It already has perfect aim and destroys people at close/mid range. It doesn't need any slow effect or extra damage. Whats the point of this? Even if you hear the sentry, you don't where it is, as same as the heavy when he revs up his minigun. I can also go on and on.

Do you think he'll use the GRU when his in combat?

Consistent headshoting? I've done this a hundred times.

Read above^^^^

lel microphone.  

Use the Huo-Long Heater. Get a ding when the fire burns a spy turn the hell around. 

*drops microphone*

*picks up microphone*

Have you ever heard of jumping? I can backstab a Huo-Long Heater heavy with a spy-cicle if the situation ever came up.

I believe the Huo-Long Heater is a pointless minigun as the ring of fire is too small and it sucks up more ammo than the stock. Just like the razorback, the Huo-Long Heater only protects you from stupid spies. A smart spy will know to use their revolver against a razorback sniper as well as jump over the ring of fire and airstab the heavy.

Besides, not everyone has lightning-fast reaction time. By the time you realize you've set something on fire, the spy has already clicked M1.

*hands over microphone*

*picks up microphone*

Have you ever heard of jumping? I can backstab a Huo-Long Heater heavy with a spy-cicle if the situation ever came up.

I believe the Huo-Long Heater is a pointless minigun as the ring of fire is too small and it sucks up more ammo than the stock. Just like the razorback, the Huo-Long Heater only protects you from stupid spies. A smart spy will know to use their revolver against a razorback sniper as well as jump over the ring of fire and airstab the heavy.

Besides, not everyone has lightning-fast reaction time. By the time you realize you've set something on fire, the spy has already clicked M1.

*hands over microphone*

*gladly accepts microphone*

You have a good point, and an excellent spy can normally wreck any class, just like an excellent scout or an excellent soldier. My main point about heavies is about their obvious tanking potential (yes, that's the point of the class) and the massive DPS in close-quarters compared to the damage that it takes to bring one down, especially with a Med tied to their hip (which, as most noob meds and a ton of smart ones know, is the way to fastest victory). It just seems overpowered compared to the other classes which normally have damage-spread or projectile weapons, making it hard to bring down a heavy without him being close enough to take you down first. 

*graciously hands microphone back* 

Can a sentry be backstabbed? Ever heard of the jag? Engis tend to be close to the base (Eureka effect) and with metal packs scattered on the map engis can easily make a level 3 sentry plus a dispenser. lel, Ubered heavy vs engi behind the sentry reparing it. engi wins easily (I have experienced this when I was engi). Hence I said "Walking" sentry. That ring of fire that make spys life hell is bullshit just go stab the heavy, run and find a health kit or dead ringer if you have it. Pyros and besides engi can easily recognize if it's a spy or not. Does the heavy have the wrangler that can make your sentry easily kill people from long range?  Ever heard of the mini sentry the most annoying little thing in tf2? It already has perfect aim and destroys people at close/mid range. It doesn't need any slow effect or extra damage. Whats the point of this? Even if you hear the sentry, you don't where it is, as same as the heavy when he revs up his minigun. I can also go on and on.

Do you think he'll use the GRU when his in combat?

Consistent headshoting? I've done this a hundred times.

Read above^^^^

lel microphone.  

"Can a sentry be backstabbed?" Yes, it's called sapping, and it doesn't even ruin your disguise. 

"Ever heard of the jag?" Yes, the +15% time saving makes building a sentry much less time consuming then waiting for a respawn timer and running out minigun blazing. They could obviously be compared to one another. 

"Engies tend to be close to base"...really? Eureka Effect? Yes, why don't I cripple my ability to take my buildings elsewhere, and if you were close to base, why would you even use the Effect? sense not made, friend. 

"Can make lvl 3+dispenser" Yes, we can. With around 45 seconds to a minute to spare without getting shot, using metal for repairs or reloads, without anything getting destroyed, and with a large ammo pack around. Continue?

"Ubered Heavy vs. Engie+sentry" Dude. If you can't take down a sentry as a ubered heavy, you're either fighting an engie who seriously knows his shit, or you're bad. Take the plank out of your eye before pointing out the splinter in someone else's. 

"Ring of fire is nothing" Dude. The heavy is not the biggest threat to a spy, his teammates are. Have you played spy around a huo heavy? Usually, around 2-3 teammates in the general vicinity. A burning spy is a giveaway for pyros and other classes to spycheck. Try surviving for long. 

"The Wrangler" Yes, it's called the Brass Beast. The wrangler is simply an overheal for a sentry, and makes the engie a prime target, the sentry useless for close enemies that the engie doesn't see, and makes it useless for a few seconds after switching, to, you know, shoot or repair something. 

"Mini Rant" Go complain to Valve. And while you're at it, could you get the Brass Beast and the Phlog removed? What about the Red-Tape? Or let's just get rid of Ubers altogether, I mean invincibility is pretty strong. How about a nerf to Demo shields, they have no downside, right? Go and cry, it's here to stay with all the other weapons people complain about, and is much less infuriating than some. If you're losing to minis, play pyro and walk straight into them using M1. They die every time, even faster when it's a heavy. 

"Hearing...revs up minigun" Have you heard of this cool weapon called the Tomislav? You should try it sometimes, it makes ambush pyros seem like nubcakes. 

Go and play some, son. All classes have their problems, but Heavy seems ridiculous for me, with the entire strategy of "walk at people, receive heals, kills, and points." The point is Heavy and Engie are rather even, but the Engie takes setup time, and the heavy doesn't. The Engie takes metal, and the heavy doesn't. The engie cannot run without taking his buildings or taking a massive chunk of time to setup again, the heavy can. The engie has 125 health without any way to restore it except an unmovable dispenser, the heavy has 300 and a secondary that recovers all of it that takes less time to recharge than an Engie can build. I just don't like it, and I don't like the style of gameplay it promotes. 

Don't you lel my mic, I paid a lot of keys for that thing.

1. soldier <--- balanced, played well can be very good

2. scout <-- difficult to play, but once you learn how to can be very good

3. pyro (used correctly) <-- unstoppable by any non-counter classes

4. demo <--- strategy n stuff

5. medic <--- every blames you for everything, a good medic can make or break a team

6. pyro (used incorrectly) <--- its hard to do well w+m1'ng, but still no skill involved

real 6: spy <--- easy to camp corners and wait

7: sniper <--- if you arent getting counter sniped is incredibly easy, takes little to no skill

8: heavy <--- w+m1 is the only thing you can do, little to no skill

9: engy <-- dont do shit, strategy of demo if you had a machine gun and aimbot

only big thing is how damn overrated sniper is, it doesnt take that much skill to click on someone's head then retreat into your little hidey-hole

This was kinda about class tier for unusuals i think.

As for Unusuals, I think it goes more like...

1. Scout (I think his unusuals just look good)

2. Med (Good combos, good hats, multiclass hats look good on him)

3. Shpee (nice combos, love the Noh Mercy)

4. Soldier/Demo  

5. Sniper

6. Engie (muh main)

7. Pyro

8. Hoovy (not much for Hoovy hats, the sammy cap is kinda cool.)

"Can a sentry be backstabbed?" Yes, it's called sapping, and it doesn't even ruin your disguise. 

"Ever heard of the jag?" Yes, the +15% time saving makes building a sentry much less time consuming then waiting for a respawn timer and running out minigun blazing. They could obviously be compared to one another. 

"Engies tend to be close to base"...really? Eureka Effect? Yes, why don't I cripple my ability to take my buildings elsewhere, and if you were close to base, why would you even use the Effect? sense not made, friend. 

"Can make lvl 3+dispenser" Yes, we can. With around 45 seconds to a minute to spare without getting shot, using metal for repairs or reloads, without anything getting destroyed, and with a large ammo pack around. Continue?

"Ubered Heavy vs. Engie+sentry" Dude. If you can't take down a sentry as a ubered heavy, you're either fighting an engie who seriously knows his shit, or you're bad. Take the plank out of your eye before pointing out the splinter in someone else's. 

"Ring of fire is nothing" Dude. The heavy is not the biggest threat to a spy, his teammates are. Have you played spy around a huo heavy? Usually, around 2-3 teammates in the general vicinity. A burning spy is a giveaway for pyros and other classes to spycheck. Try surviving for long. 

"The Wrangler" Yes, it's called the Brass Beast. The wrangler is simply an overheal for a sentry, and makes the engie a prime target, the sentry useless for close enemies that the engie doesn't see, and makes it useless for a few seconds after switching, to, you know, shoot or repair something. 

"Mini Rant" Go complain to Valve. And while you're at it, could you get the Brass Beast and the Phlog removed? What about the Red-Tape? Or let's just get rid of Ubers altogether, I mean invincibility is pretty strong. How about a nerf to Demo shields, they have no downside, right? Go and cry, it's here to stay with all the other weapons people complain about, and is much less infuriating than some. If you're losing to minis, play pyro and walk straight into them using M1. They die every time, even faster when it's a heavy. 

"Hearing...revs up minigun" Have you heard of this cool weapon called the Tomislav? You should try it sometimes, it makes ambush pyros seem like nubcakes. 

Go and play some, son. All classes have their problems, but Heavy seems ridiculous for me, with the entire strategy of "walk at people, receive heals, kills, and points." The point is Heavy and Engie are rather even, but the Engie takes setup time, and the heavy doesn't. The Engie takes metal, and the heavy doesn't. The engie cannot run without taking his buildings or taking a massive chunk of time to setup again, the heavy can. The engie has 125 health without any way to restore it except an unmovable dispenser, the heavy has 300 and a secondary that recovers all of it that takes less time to recharge than an Engie can build. I just don't like it, and I don't like the style of gameplay it promotes. 

Don't you lel my mic, I paid a lot of keys for that thing.

First things first. I do not hate any class whats so ever, but in my perspective every class is balanced.

They have their ups and downs, but ranting that heavy is imbalanced is just stupid.

Everyone hates at least one class. It's just that you saying that heavy needs too be rebalanced ticks me off and engi being num. 2 is just stupid. With an engi repairing the damn sentry it's is more powerful than a heavy being ubered and I've seen more f2p engis do worst than f2p heavies.

1. Dude the sapper does not instakill.

2. Why can't you just stop comparing the engi and heavy? All of the class had different playstyles. The team needs to slow down the push of the enemy, while that's happening the engi/s has the time to make all his building before most of his allies die. Making a second wall that the enemy needs to push trough.

3. I only said eureka effect just so if you ever said "What if the engi is far away from the base?!?!?!?!?"

4. See num. 3

5. hence I said engi reparing it. 

6. Dead ringer. Besides, taking out the heavy is the priority. It's fine if you die.

7. You can easily buy time for your sentry before they destroy it and brass beast is not that good at long range compared to the wranglered sentry

8. I have never I hated the mini sentry, I said it's the most annoying little thing in tf2. Brass takes time too rev up and people have time too kill him compared to the stock minigun. Phlog pyro are annoying, but killing them after they "MMMPHHH!!!" is easy enough if you have enough people (sniper,sollies,"airblast", scouts) in the back too kill him. It's a really godly, but it takes a lot of tme destroy sentries or any buildings when their level 1. (Having a level 1 sentry,dispenser,tele. than rebuilding them with the slow build effect).. Then run. If someone ubers a heavy? Just run or go around a corner then your fine. When the uber is gone, just get a team and try and kill them or do you want to be a dumb fuck and fight them while their ubered? Who the hell has right mind not to run if someone ubered. P.S. The uber was made to push people back not kill people. Now the kritz, now thats the thing that kills people.  The downside of the shields is that you only have a melee and your nades. Nades is the only ranged weapon you'll get and with it's slowish reload speed and you only having a melee as your backup weapon your pretty much vulnerable if you miss your shield bash. P.S. The shields only has fire and explosive resistance. Pyro and solly has shotgun and everyone else has somekind of bullet weapon. It's not that easy if the sentry has a team behind it.

9. Do you think every heavy would use tomislav all the time? DO YOU?

I've played. I've learned. Get your things straight. Oh, and please don't compare the health, setup and play style of classes. Every class has a job to do and every class has their weaknesses. I'm pretty sure you know that.

I leled/loled because you having a microphone was funny. I guess you didn't get that. Well, i'll see then, if you reply to my comment again, that is.

only big thing is how damn "overrated sniper" is, it doesnt take that much skill to click on someone's head then retreat into your little hidey-hole

^^^^^^

It depends on what are your tastes, for me, I go with an *S* Classes (Scout, Soldier, Sniper and Spy). People have no rights to rank classes on only their own tastes, practically the hats and class tier list are broken, the effect list seems pretty good

Archived