Trade Offer Bug: accepted trade when you decline

Vince

Hi guys.  I'm an engineer from the Steam team.  I just wanted to confirm that this was indeed a bug on our end.  Molotov did not use any exploit.  When Vince accepted another trade offer shortly after declining the offer from Molotov, the bug caused the wrong items to be exchanged.

The bug has been fixed.  It's not clear if this has affected other offers or not, as it could only happen in very rare circumstances.  Steam Support is aware of the issue, I would keep your support ticket open in case there is some other clean up they can do.

Sorry about the trouble.

Are you planning to fix all the different errors so we can finally use it properly?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys.  I'm an engineer from the Steam team.  I just wanted to confirm that this was indeed a bug on our end.  Molotov did not use any exploit.  When Vince accepted another trade offer shortly after declining the offer from Molotov, the bug caused the wrong items to be exchanged.

The bug has been fixed.  It's not clear if this has affected other offers or not, as it could only happen in very rare circumstances.  Steam Support is aware of the issue, I would keep your support ticket open in case there is some other clean up they can do.

Sorry about the trouble.

Defiantly exploitable from sounds of it then.

Just imagine some one sending troll offer + free refined offer right after, people decline troll offer accept free refined with chance of it bugging out trading wrong items.

Good it that it got fixed.

Julia, you posted that exact same picture before this bug was happening. No need to create fake drama over nothing.

Julia, you posted that exact same picture before this bug was happening. No need to create fake drama over nothing.

The next time someone tries to scam me, I'll be sure to save evidence. We've all received these offers from people hoping to shark/scam via trade offers. I probably shouldn't use the word "scam" here but it'll do for now. Lots of people have always been hoping to exploit trade offers for profit.

Yep, some people have definitely started spamming obvious shark trade offers and just hoping that people will actually give a counter-offer or accidentally make the trade in some way. Check out this picture of someone doing just that to me.

Are you still mad about that? It would be autistic of me to try to scam people of your "trader status." I didn't imagine you would ever accept, as I acknowledge that you aren't braindead.

I was just saying what I said in the offer and this seemed like a fun way of doing it (In case you don't understand the Schadenfreude was supposed to express me laughing at you!).

edit: If you actually had traded me the hat by some idiotic chance, I would have given it back as soon as I could have. Considering one of my closer friends got scammed twice, I wouldn't be one to do the same.

Yeah just gunna throw this in, but if someone threatend me with a steamrep ban then I would never give them their hat back... be more calm next time vince.

Are you still mad about that? It would be autistic of me to try to scam people of your "trader status." I didn't imagine you would ever accept, as I acknowledge that you aren't braindead.

I was just saying what I said in the offer and this seemed like a fun way of doing it (In case you don't understand the Schadenfreude was supposed to express me laughing at you!).

edit: If you actually had traded me the hat by some idiotic chance, I would have given it back as soon as I could have. Considering one of my closer friends got scammed twice, I wouldn't be one to do the same.

You know i read a lot of autistic comments on outpost from you on outpost, you really should stop, you haven't slightest clue what autism is.

Autism is a social disability, which often go's further then just social disability.

These comments you make have nothing to do with autism at all, so plz stop with these silly comments.

Archived