Trade Offer Bug: accepted trade when you decline

Vince

Posted · Hidden by polar, May 2, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by polar, May 2, 2014 - No reason given

you paid 7.5 keys, for your hat, a G. King of scotland cape, and a PROFESSIONAL collector's handshake, which I crafted the kit for. 7.5 is light, considering i bought these things after the hat was mine, and thought I had a set to build.

I actually charged you less than what it cost me to craft, and sold your hat back to you at a loss(which I was NOT required to do).

Sorry you don't know how to say thanks.

nah. you could've done what everyone else would've done and just trade backed. i honest dont give 2 shits about the professional. its more of the fact that I have to go out of my way and buy a shitty falling item that i dont even want for more than a fucking buyout

you wont and never will get a sincere thank you out of me

but here is one

thank the fuck to you for all of the fucking problems you have brought to me today 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I crafted the pro kit on the collector's scottish, i would not have had I not had the hat for the set.
I was not giving him a free professional on the scottish by just making him buy the collector's off me, he had to pay me for the parts I used.
I sold it to him for cheaper, because i am buying tod tickets, to get those parts back, for another prof kit, for a set.
I'm not going to pay for returning a hat I don't have to, but I'm not going to rip the guy off of his hat he had no intention of selling.
There is no way I was going to trade a hat back after I bought, with pure, items for a set based off of it, without being compensated for investing in a set I no longer had because I gave their hat back.
He has the items at less than what it cost me to craft it, so I could get some compensation out of it we could agree upon.

It was compromise.
Neither of us are happy, but he has his hat, and I have the pure I spent to finish a set I worked the morning on making.

I lost a little, and he has to sell some items.

I didn't make him, he agreed.

I crafted the pro kit on the collector's scottish, i would not have had I not had the hat for the set.

I was not giving him a free professional on the scottish by just making him buy the collector's off me, he had to pay me for the parts I used.

I sold it to him for cheaper, because i am buying tod tickets, to get those parts back, for another prof kit, for a set.

I'm not going to pay for returning a hat I don't have to, but I'm not going to rip the guy off of his hat he had no intention of selling.

There is no way I was going to trade a hat back after I bought, with pure, items for a set based off of it, without being compensated for investing in a set I no longer had because I gave their hat back.

He has the items at less than what it cost me to craft it, so I could get some compensation out of it we could agree upon.

It was compromise.

Neither of us are happy, but he has his hat, and I have the pure I spent to finish a set I worked the morning on making.

I lost a little, and he has to sell some items.

I didn't make him, he agreed.

I had to, that cancer fucking beanie is nowhere close to 4. fuck its not even 2

Yeah Vince, we get it, you're an asshole, and probably deserved someone keeping your hat after something like this happened to you.
I'm just not that guy.
I wasted my time building that set, posting those listings, taking those screenshots, and advertising it, this morning too, as well you had my outpost page swarmed by people swearing I was a scammer and an exploiter.
Bottom line is I didn't have to trade back your hat, but I was not going to keep it if you didn't mean to trade it.

You just could have just gotten back to me, once you saw you received MY hat, instead of letting the entire morning go by, and all of this would have been avoided.

Yeah Vince, we get it, you're an asshole, and probably deserved someone keeping your hat after something like this happened to you.

I'm just not that guy.

I wasted my time building that set, posting those listings, taking those screenshots, and advertising it, this morning too, as well you had my outpost page swarmed by people swearing I was a scammer and an exploiter.

Bottom line is I didn't have to trade back your hat, but I was not going to keep it if you didn't mean to trade it.

You just could have just gotten back to me, once you saw you received MY hat, instead of letting the entire morning go by, and all of this would have been avoided.

im only an asshole to people who deserve it, you being one

and i wasnt the one who got all of the forum people to shitpost

DBD beanie is valued at 4, atm, yours is valued at 3. I was completing a set, and was happy to overpay off backpack.tf prices.
Shit I even had another 4 bud hat I was willing to trade for it, but I'm not going to do business with you if you're such a pain to deal with.
Would rather trade with other people after this experience with you.
Anyways, I got some gaming to do, and only 2 hours to do it.

DBD beanie is valued at 4, atm, yours is valued at 3. I was completing a set, and was happy to overpay off backpack.tf prices.

Shit I even had another 4 bud hat I was willing to trade for it, but I'm not going to do business with you if you're such a pain to deal with.

Would rather trade with other people after this experience with you.

robo effects never fetch backpack.tf price.

also http://backpack.tf/vote/id/5361ae074cd7b8381a8b4e59

I noticed it like 6 hours ago when you were ASLEEP

yeah, I just meant within the hours after the trade went through, while I was still awake.

yeah, I just meant within the hours after the trade went through, while I was still awake.

i wasnt awake 

Hi guys.  I'm an engineer from the Steam team.  I just wanted to confirm that this was indeed a bug on our end.  Molotov did not use any exploit.  When Vince accepted another trade offer shortly after declining the offer from Molotov, the bug caused the wrong items to be exchanged.

The bug has been fixed.  It's not clear if this has affected other offers or not, as it could only happen in very rare circumstances.  Steam Support is aware of the issue, I would keep your support ticket open in case there is some other clean up they can do.

Sorry about the trouble.

(Entire dilemma)

Popcorn-02-Stephen-Colbert.gif

Edit: Before reading your post, I assumed "GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!" was coming.

-blah blah blah- I made a set for this -blah blah blah- 

For the love of god....no one fucking wants sets, they're terrible to resell and never actually get you any extra.

/rant

Hi guys.  I'm an engineer from the Steam team.  I just wanted to confirm that this was indeed a bug on our end.  Molotov did not use any exploit.  When Vince accepted another trade offer shortly after declining the offer from Molotov, the bug caused the wrong items to be exchanged.

The bug has been fixed.  It's not clear if this has affected other offers or not, as it could only happen in very rare circumstances.  Steam Support is aware of the issue, I would keep your support ticket open in case there is some other clean up they can do.

Sorry about the trouble.

An actual valve employee O.o

So ummm.....whats becoming a misc next? 

Sorry about the trouble.

thank you. sorry about any potential issue. 

Sorry about the trouble.

CONTACT HAS BEEN MADE, I REPEAT, CONTACT HAS BEEN MADE.

nah. you could've done what everyone else would've done and just trade backed. i honest dont give 2 shits about the professional. its more of the fact that I have to go out of my way and buy a shitty falling item that i dont even want for more than a fucking buyout

you wont and never will get a sincere thank you out of me

but here is one

thank the fuck to you for all of the fucking problems you have brought to me today 

I'm sure "everyone else" would have blocked you if you asked for the hat back so rudely like you did. He did not have to trade back with you, he made the choice to. If I were in his shoes, I would contact the victim immediately. If the victim acted like you did however, I would feel as I owe them nothing, and they deserve to lose the item they did. You should really treat people with more respect, especially if you're asking a favour as big as the one you were asking. You're making unnecessary assumptions and trying to threaten him because you were too impatient to accept the fact people aren't on Steam 24/7, and that things don't always go your way. Like the Valve employee said, it was entirely their fault, nothing to do with him. If you're mad at anyone, it should be at Valve.

As there is an off-chance (small as it may be), that Mr. Farnsworth may have something else to add to this issue, I am leaving this thread open. This is a serious thread that is informative to traders. Hiding spam. No one wants to hear any more bitching about collectors items, etc. 

EDIT: Also changed the title

Honestly I don't know how that could be, as there is 2 step verification that must be passed.

I figured it would be better than dealing with him trying to slander my trading rep.

I am just going to avoid trading with Vince, in the future.

EDIT: He has the hat back.

I am glad that you did and I never accused you of anything. I only noted that to not return the item wouldn't be worth the risk of being banned. You never know how an admin will judge this. I do agree with the rest of the sentiment here in that Vince reacted badly.

Also mail tf team at www.teamfortress.com mail them about trade offer bug, this needs be fixed asap before it happends more, or some kind of exploit is discovered.

it could be possible that he found an exploit with steam that forces people to accept trade offers

it would also explain why he sent that offer as if he expected you to accept

brb reporting and getting scorching saxton hale mask

Yep, some people have definitely started spamming obvious shark trade offers and just hoping that people will actually give a counter-offer or accidentally make the trade in some way. Check out this picture of someone doing just that to me.

UflBJyH.jpg

I don't want to call the comment ironic (partly because I'm not willing to just carelessly offend people by using legitimate mental diseases as derogatory terms but also because he clearly just wanted me to accept/counter/fall for a glitch). I'm pretty sure that he just wanted to aggravate me and get me to comment via a counter-offer. Unfortunately for him, I'm not stupid enough to take such a risk. The comment itself is just a terribly stupid (and failed) attempt to be insulting. Clearly he's the one who thinks that the Noh Mercy is a hat...

So, yes. People have been trying to exploit the trade offers and force glitched trades for a while (ever since they were made). Then there are also people who just send stupid offers and hope that you're stupid enough to accept them.

SCSa5Ci.jpg

Archived