Why are so many people cashing out?

Ghost1237

I havent noticed any significant change in amount of people cashing out as there was as long as I've cared

what lots of people do is cash out then use that money to buy pure and make more profit, so I wouldnt necessarily say the market is dying

I havent noticed any significant change in amount of people cashing out as there was as long as I've cared

Maybe I'm imagining things. Just seems like a significant amount of people are

I haven't seen any big change myself. This thread seems to come up every few weeks.

Because this game is starting to suck

That's like... your opinion man. 

But Chigga is kind of right. Valve keeps giving us stuff that we don't want, and some people understandably get bored. They decide to cash out either because they don't feel like dealing with trades anymore, are bored of the game, or figure they've earned enough. 

I'm guessing a large amount of the player base is starting to enter the real world where things like student loans, insurance payments, and the like start springing into existence. And suddenly, a sombrero with a particle effect doesn't seem as important compared with the ability to eat more than instant ramen for a few weeks.

I'm guessing a large amount of the player base is starting to enter the real world where things like student loans, insurance payments, and the like start springing into existence. And suddenly, a sombrero with a particle effect doesn't seem as important compared with the ability to eat more than instant ramen for a few weeks.

that might be a reason, there might be a bit of a generation gap where the tf2 community kinda shrunk for a bit, and now people have to start paying for crap that isnt virtual

I cash out periodically. I keep a portion on hand, to trade with, then cash out my pure.
As for cashing out backpacks and unusuals, some just want to get out of the daily trade life.
For every one that leaves there's someone out there, and plenty others willing to get started.

It's pretty easy to balance both most of the time. Vince seems to do ok, and I know he has a busy adult life. 

Too many killstreaks

Too many unusuals

Too many effects

What'd I just say? 

"Valve keeps giving us stuff that we don't want, and some people understandably get bored."

because its just not fun anymore.

every couple months valve adds more hats, stranges, effects, keys you name it in a money grab for them.

but the playerbase is not expanding.

more supply

less buyers

whats that mean?

What'd I just say? 

"Valve keeps giving us stuff that we don't want, and some people understandably get bored."

Too many killstreaks

Too many unusuals

Too many effects

It's pretty easy to balance both most of the time. Vince seems to do ok, and I know he has a busy adult life. 

Yes, it is pretty easy to be fiscally responsible, but it's astonishing how many people out there aren't. They just can't grasp that a checkbook can't be balanced with swag.

Surely see lot people cash out these day's must be due fact people think end of line is last update, aka next update is tf3, and we all must cash out before economy dies.

Or probably cos tf2 is neglected and ruined these day's due tons of bugs that been unfixed for like a year.

I'm sure people cash out in a monthly basis. Usually 5-6 months if they can pull of tons of profit and actual real money. I'm planning to do so once I get enough and it's also good to cash out to prevent scammers from taking your stuff once you sell your stuff for money you can actually use for real life purposes than pixelated collections.

The number of people cashing out is high because there are willing cash buyers. This shows a strong virtual economy since the items are being traded for real world currency.

People cashing out = Taking a shit in the bathroom

People quitting tf2 = jump 400,000 stories of buildings, landin in 12 seconds

People making profit = storing everything in a BOX

Simple concept.

because its just not fun anymore.

every couple months valve adds more hats, stranges, effects, keys you name it in a money grab for them.

but the playerbase is not expanding.

more supply

less buyers

whats that mean?

So why is it that when I'm selling cheap shit like paint, most of the trades I get are clearly people who just started playing or at least have no experience in trading.  It's not that there's less buyers, it's that there are more sellers.  

Archived