Sunbeams or Burning?

Punishment_Fatal

Beams or Burning?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Bleh.

• Beams
    • Burning
    • Both.

To me this is more evidence that the unusual market is full of shit.

Beams and Scorching are obviously way more popular than burning, yet burning is still considered to be the most valuable effect out of the 3 after all this time.  But it's not just restricted to unusual trading.  All of the ridiculous drama surrounding backpack.tf and pre-dating it back to the old spreadsheet has consistently reminded me that traders are absolutely clueless about the system they are exploiting for profit and are content to blindly follow what they mistakenly perceive as an authority which is setting prices.  It just baffles me how crazy that is.

People literally do not give a shit as long as they are making profit.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beams and Scorching are obviously way more popular than burning, yet burning is still considered to be the most valuable effect out of the 3 after all this time.  

Burning's as expensive as it is because It's iconic for being expensive. People buy burning for high because it's high, people want to look rich. 

Burning's as expensive as it is because It's iconic for being expensive. People buy burning for high because it's high, people want to look rich. 

Your explanation is that it's expensive because it's expensive.  Yeah, like I said.  The unusual market is full of shit. 

^

i kind of feel like buying a nice all class and overpaying just to bump the price of beams. there's no rule anywhere saying i can't double spend on a rare hat and force the price up.

Beams and Scorching are obviously way more popular than burning, yet burning is still considered to be the most valuable effect out of the 3 after all this time.  But it's not just restricted to unusual trading.  All of the ridiculous drama surrounding backpack.tf and pre-dating it back to the old spreadsheet has consistently reminded me that traders are absolutely clueless about the system they are exploiting for profit and are content to blindly follow what they mistakenly perceive as an authority which is setting prices.  It just baffles me how crazy that is.

People literally do not give a shit as long as they are making profit.

^ there's the answer.  

Having owned 6 Scorching hats and another 6 Sunbeams hat I have to say beams.

Why? Sunbeams universally looks better. I recall being somewhat disappointed with a scorching Cowl as it didn't cover the hat properly. Also Sunbeams looks better in both team colors unlike flames (scorching looks better on BLU but looks so so on RED while burning is the other way around).

I may be entirely wrong with this as I wasn't dealing with unusuals personally at the time, but I believe sunbeams used to be regarded as the universally best effect, with sunbeams kabuto and sunbeams modest pile being regarded as the two ultimate hats. It wasn't until someone paid very well for a burning kabuto that the public perspective began to shift and burning became the generally most desirable effect.

After that bit of trivia that no one asked for and may not even be accurate, I'll lazily say it depends entirely on the hat.

I may be entirely wrong with this as I wasn't dealing with unusuals personally at the time, but I believe sunbeams used to be regarded as the universally best effect, with sunbeams kabuto and sunbeams modest pile being regarded as the two ultimate hats. It wasn't until someone paid very well for a burning kabuto that the public perspective began to shift and burning became the generally most desirable effect.

After that bit of trivia that no one asked for and may not even be accurate, I'll lazily say it depends entirely on the hat.

Yep...and then it ws burning > beams > scorching for like 2 years. then people came to their senses. 

• 2 weeks later...

Dunno why Scorching is not there.  <_<

It is.

Scorching = Burning with a different color. For all purposes it is the same effect just with a different color. Color has direct impact on visibility and appeal.

Dunno why Scorching is not there.  <_<

Because this thread was made in light of the support granted unusuals in which most are sunbeam effects. Burning is also considered really high tier. So those 2 r compared

Archived