Key Prices - backpack.tf Influenced?

KatanaBladeNeko

Is it just me, or is it that only Key prices going UP are what only bp.tf accepts? They generally refuse to send the price of it down.

If this keeps going, Keys will become more expensive to buy with metals than in store. (Currently, they're about $1.80 in Metals.)

If they keep going up, it will make trading more about $$$ than actual Skill. Buds and Unusuals will be even more hard to get. Especially for people who are unlucky with drops to get anything decent. Or don't have any money.

So it's lead me to a conspiracy that the guys at bp.tf are upping the prices slowly just so it increases the backpack's of everyone with items. Including theirs.

Which leads to the fact that everyone ups key prices. It's not really doing any good. Keep keys at 7 Ref and LEAVE it there. Before you destroy the system. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that a suggestion is being made is because the current price doesn't happen. Hell, bptf usually lags behind anyway...When I need to buy keys I usually end up paying 2 scrap more than bptf price as I have no interest in waiting days to convert ref into keys. 

Oh, and keys aren't going up in cash, just ref because ref is worthless trash. In no way does keys increasing in ref help someone make money since the cash value doesn't change. 

Which leads to the fact that everyone ups key prices. It's not really doing any good. Keep keys at 7 Ref and LEAVE it there. Before you destroy the system. 

The problem with that is that people are more than willing to pay more. Blame buyers for buying keys. If they stopped buying them then prices would stop rising. 

You do realize that suggestinos are made with proof ie they are already being traded at the suggested price before the suggestion is made/accepted.

Also key prices on bp.tf are almost always lagging behind the actual price

The fact that a suggestion is being made is because the current price doesn't happen. Hell, bptf usually lags behind anyway...When I need to buy keys I usually end up paying 2 scrap more than bptf price as I have no interest in waiting days to convert ref into keys. 

Oh, and keys aren't going up in cash, just ref because ref is worthless trash. In no way does keys increasing in ref help someone make money since the cash value doesn't change. 

It's still a sign that generally, people are getting very greedy lately.

It's still a sign that generally, people are getting very greedy lately.

how so? 

Ref serves literally no purpose; and as time goes on hats (i.e. the only thing ref can be used for) become more and more common. You want a hat? No need to craft it, there are already 400+ sellers on outpost trying to sell it--i.e. theres no point in crafting. 

how so? 

Ref serves literally no purpose. 

Prices are going up, they used to be 1.33 (I was around back then. Then they went to 3, 6, now nearly 8.

Prices are gonna be 12 Ref. Meaning newplayers are gonna get NOWHERE. Generally choking the Trading community for bullshit prices.

People have always been greedy; there's just more people trading nowadays so the inflation goes up faster.

People have always been greedy; there's just more people trading nowadays so the inflation goes up faster.

They have? I sell Keys at 6 Ref. Never been greedy (Except for 2 times, but that was for BUDS)

I sell Keys at 6 Ref.

So you're stupid then. 

Selling keys for 6 ref isn't going to hurt those 'greedy' traders. Its only going to hurt yourself. 

So you're stupid then. 

Selling keys for 6 ref isn't going to hurt those 'greedy' traders. Its only going to hurt yourself. 

No, if I sell aat 6 Ref. People will come to me instead of Bots, or normal traders. Effectively forcing them to reduce price.

So you're stupid then. 

Selling keys for 6 ref sounds like a really bad idea, not only will you be swamped with invites but you will lose out on a fair bit of profit, as most people sell for about 7.77 fairly easy, and i agree with awesome mccoolname. you arent helping anyone, even yourself

No, if I sell aat 6 Ref. People will come to me instead of Bots, or normal traders. Effectively forcing them to reduce price.

Unless you plan on buying up tens of thousands (probably more like hundreds of thousands) of keys and doing this it won't make any difference whatsoever. 

thats 1 person out of the 1000's that sell keys every day...

Selling keys for 6 ref sounds like a really bad idea, not only will you be swamped with invites but you will lose out on a fair bit of profit, as most people sell for about 7.77 fairly easy, and i agree with awesome mccoolname. you arent helping anyone, even yourself

Unless you plan on buying up tens of thousands (probably more like 100k+) of keys and doing this it won't make any difference whatsoever. 

Well, hey. It's something. Either deal with it or piss off. I don't tell you how to price.

Never been greedy (Except for 2 times, but that was for BUDS)

So you have been greedy.

It's just the way it is.  Am I being greedy for selling weapons for a scrap each?  Sure.  Is that stopping people from buying from me?  No.  They can just as well get the same weapons the way I can; they just rather buy one now rather than be a bit more patient.

If everyone refused to pay more for a key just to have it now, prices wouldn't keep rising.

And yeah, selling keys for 6 ref isn't going to dent anything but your own backpack worth, but hey, your call.  You no doubt make some traders very happy.

Well, hey. It's something. Either deal with it or piss off. I don't tell you how to price.

I'm not telling you how to price your items, its just incredibly stupid to believe that selling a handful of keys for 6 ref is going to change anything when there are close to a million keys in circulation.

Isn't that exactly what this thread is trying to do?

Shots Fired

Prices of keys are going up because thy are so high in demand. As tf2 has been gaining popularity, more people want to buy keys. People are willing to pay a few scrap higher than the suggested price because they want them that badly. Because people are paying extra, us here have to change the prices, because the current price becomes a quicksell, and people pay more because the sellers are greedy.

because the sellers are greedy.

Its not that the sellers are greedy. Theres nothing wrong with flipping an item for profit, hell key flippers are some of the least greedy--they're only working with a 2%~ profit margin. Thats beyond crap in the real world. But the issue is that if they don't raise their prices they won't even be able to buy another key to replace the one they just sold for what they just sold it for. 

Prices of keys are going up because thy are so high in demand. As tf2 has been gaining popularity, more people want to buy keys. People are willing to pay a few scrap higher than the suggested price because they want them that badly. Because people are paying extra, us here have to change the prices, because the current price becomes a quicksell, and people pay more because the sellers are greedy.

There are people who sell for 10 ref and say why not it will happen in a few months, but those people are just stupid, however i agree that people are willing to pay a fraction higher than the actual price.

So you have been greedy.

It's just the way it is.  Am I being greedy for selling weapons for a scrap each?  Sure.  Is that stopping people from buying from me?  No.  They can just as well get the same weapons the way I can; they just rather buy one now rather than be a bit more patient.

If everyone refused to pay more for a key just to have it now, prices wouldn't keep rising.

And yeah, selling keys for 6 ref isn't going to dent anything but your own backpack worth, but hey, your call.  You no doubt make some traders very happy.

I'm not telling you how to price your items, its just incredibly stupid to believe that selling a handful of keys for 6 ref is going to change anything when there are close to a million keys in circulation.

Isn't that exactly what this thread is trying to do?

Well, since my Gunslingin' skills won't do shit here, looks like I gotta go Plan B.

Shots Fired

At the vicinity of internet trolls.

You see, guys. Why not do posts like this? Clean, and no bullshit. I like you, Gurugula.exe

Archived