Key Prices - backpack.tf Influenced?

KatanaBladeNeko

You see, guys. Why not do posts like this? Clean, and no bullshit. I like you, Gurugula.exe

the irony of that statement.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool, I've never been labelled an internet troll before.  So this is what it feels like.  Feels oddly empty.

I fail to see how we're 'trolling'.  We're just being blunt and straightforward with you.

Cool, I've never been labelled an internet troll before.  So this is what it feels like.  Feels oddly empty.

I fail to see how we're 'trolling'.  We're just being blunt and straightforward with you.

Never said you, AwesomeMcName, or everyone else on here.

You can't ignore the fact that keys are selling at 7.55 ref, 7.66 ref, even 7.77 - 7.88 ref.

Btw, there are sellers who buy them for 7.66 ref to sell them at a later time for 7.88 ref.

Is that greedy? - No. They want to make profit (in ref). You can't expect them to sell for less than they've bought for, do you?

Bp.tf reflects the market. There is always ppl trading above bp.tf price. ALWAYS

They have? I sell Keys at 6 Ref. Never been greedy (Except for 2 times, but that was for BUDS)

mind if I buy all your keys then?

You see, guys. Why not do posts like this? Clean, and no bullshit. I like you, Gurugula.exe

To be honest most people that visit these forums are quite nice an willing to help others price and give helpful advice to traders.

But it does get tiring when we have multiple people everyday without a basic understanding of economics (not saying you dont but many dont) flaming users here for being "greedy" and manipulating. Fact is you need proof to change a price, no proof the suggestion will be dismissed so it's up to the tf2 market to change the price not us.

Most users think increasing the price of keys for our own gain, fact is flipping keys for profit is probably the worse form of profit flipping keys is practically the same as scrap banking. Eg an unusual trade profiting a single key is equivalent to flipping ~60 keys (assuming flipping 1 key makes around 1 scrap)

A bit late, but in response there was a time where we did keep them ~7 ref on this site, and prices still went up past a scrap over price, even without us.  The market doesn't rely on us to raise key prices, it does it by itself.

No, if I sell aat 6 Ref. People will come to me instead of Bots, or normal traders. Effectively forcing them to reduce price.

So someone buys from you and resells at 7.88.  Congratulations, you're doing the exact opposite of what you intended.

Meaning newplayers are gonna get NOWHERE.

Why?  For the most part, I hardly even deal with keys.  There's still tons of items people can flip to generate profit, and keys aren't even an effecient way of doing so in the first place.  High key price has nothing to do with how fast you can make profit.

Well, hey. It's something. Either deal with it or piss off. I don't tell you how to price.

I sure as shit hope you don't.  If you're selling keys at 6 ref, I don't exactly want to take trading advice from you.

(Also, I looked at your entire Outpost profile, and nowhere have you sold any keys for 6 ref, just saying)

A bit late, but in response there was a time where we did keep them ~7 ref on this site, and prices still went up past a scrap over price, even without us.  The market doesn't rely on us to raise key prices, it does it by itself.

So someone buys from you and resells at 7.88.  Congratulations, you're doing the exact opposite of what you intended.

Why?  For the most part, I hardly even deal with keys.  There's still tons of items people can flip to generate profit, and keys aren't even an effecient way of doing so in the first place.  High key price has nothing to do with how fast you can make profit.

I sure as shit hope you don't.  If you're selling keys at 6 ref, I don't exactly want to take trading advice from you.

(Also, I looked at your entire Outpost profile, and nowhere have you sold any keys for 6 ref, just saying)

Never sold keys on Outpost. Hell, I don't really sell keys anymore.

If people would stop buying keys off the market for such a high price, Keys won't be that high. The only thing that backpack.tf could do, is to make the price of keys firm. However, I don't think Brad will :>

The fact that a suggestion is being made is because the current price doesn't happen. Hell, bptf usually lags behind anyway...When I need to buy keys I usually end up paying 2 scrap more than bptf price as I have no interest in waiting days to convert ref into keys. 

Oh, and keys aren't going up in cash, just ref because ref is worthless trash. In no way does keys increasing in ref help someone make money since the cash value doesn't change. 

The problem with that is that people are more than willing to pay more. Blame buyers for buying keys. If they stopped buying them then prices would stop rising. 

You know that if backpack.tf wasn't to lag behind, keys would have already been about 20+ref. But seriously, who would even be bothered to put in 20 ref for 1 key. Seriously, I was buying an unusual for cheap a while back and had to put in about 200 keys, also had to calculate and do the math etc, my hands got tired as fuck. If the ratio of 1:20 happens, it means that 50 keys:1000 ref would also happen which is completely retarded.

If people would stop buying keys off the market for such a high price, Keys won't be that high. The only thing that backpack.tf could do, is to make the price of keys firm. However, I don't think Brad will :>

prices will keep going up just like they are now :)

Also, remember that everytime key prices rise, refined prices go down. Simply because there is a store price for keys means refined prices are automatically tied them. If keys go to 20 ref each, refined will plunge to 9 cents each. Same goes for all tools and items which have their prices measured in keys. Naturally key prices go up as more refined is introduced in the game.

It's called inflation and it's seen as a positive trend in real life economies (as long as the percentage of inflation is kept small).

Altough RL and TF2 economies are ofcourse not entirely comparable, rising key prices are absolutely required to keep the purchasing power of keys the same.

mind if I buy all your keys then?

What keys?

You know that if backpack.tf wasn't to lag behind, keys would have already been about 20+ref. But seriously, who would even be bothered to put in 20 ref for 1 key. Seriously, I was buying an unusual for cheap a while back and had to put in about 200 keys, also had to calculate and do the math etc, my hands got tired as fuck. If the ratio of 1:20 happens, it means that 50 keys:1000 ref would also happen which is completely retarded.

Even if bptf didn't lagg behind I doubt they would be at 20 ref.....anyway, valve should add a new metal made of 3 Refined. 

Valve should just put a weekly cap on metal production, and perhaps extra tier of metal like AwesomeMcCoolName say'd.

The chem sets etc do not get rid of enough metal because supply is extremely much.

Valve should just put a weekly cap on metal production, and perhaps extra tier of metal like AwesomeMcCoolName say'd.

The chem sets etc do not get rid of enough metal because supply is extremely much.

Um..there is a weekly cap on metal.  It's the limited amount of drops you can find per week.  But with a userbase so large it's impossible to lower that drop rate while still maintaining their main point, keeping the game fun.  If the metal crafting were dropped from 3 ref to 2.66 [average cost of hat rebuilding] then I'd assume more people would use ref instead of hats, and may also cause a constant flow of metal usage : metal production.

Never sold keys on Outpost. Hell, I don't really sell keys anymore.

Doesn't matter exactly where you sell them, you're still helping raise key prices anytime you sell a key at all unless you're 100% sure that user is using it to unbox.  Also ignored every other thing I had corrected you on :P

If they keep going up, it will make trading more about $$$ than actual Skill. Buds and Unusuals will be even more hard to get. Especially for people who are unlucky with drops to get anything decent. Or don't have any money.

It's still a sign that generally, people are getting very greedy lately.

They have? I sell Keys at 6 Ref. Never been greedy (Except for 2 times, but that was for BUDS)

lol at all the people who talk about greed but don't understand what greed is. Let me tell you what "greed" is. All the people who spend no money on this game at all and expect to get free money by playing a free game. Screw the people who paid for the game when it came out. Screw the people who pay hard earned money they received as pocket money on an allowance, Christmas money, birthday money, or real money from paying jobs. Yeah. All those people who actually paid for their keys. Lets make those keys worth 1 ref and essentially worthless so that the cheap people who never want to add a dime to the economy can benefit. 

And you know who is complaining about greed. All these cheap people who want free money. The irony....

Again, it's the people that control the price, not the website itself.

Doesn't matter exactly where you sell them, you're still helping raise key prices anytime you sell a key at all unless you're 100% sure that user is using it to unbox.  Also ignored every other thing I had corrected you on :P

Even if the user is using the key to unbox.... that is effectively removing the key from the market while the metal remains in the system. That can only server to raise the price of keys relative to refined. There are 2 things that could possibly decrease the metal:key ratio.... A sudden influx of people buying new keys from the mann-co store (very unlikely) or valve giving metal more of a use (would slow the rise and possibly decrease the ratio for a bit)

Archived