A rather 'unusual' price suggesting game

Kevin the Chicken God

High Goal:

Price 10 Demonflame Unusuals (4/10)

raised high goal to make it a tad more difficult

Only 2 more unpriced demonflame unusuals can be priced(Demonflame KE and Demonflame Luchadore), all of the others are unpriceable. I know because I tried :^)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only 2 more unpriced demonflame unusuals can be priced(Demonflame KE and Demonflame Luchadore), all of the others are unpriceable. I know because I tried :^)

fine, I'll lower it down to 7  :angry:

today's update:

Saturday the 24th, the current progress is:

Low Goal:
Update the price of 50 hats with an average price of under 30 keys (30/50)

Medium Goal:
Update the price of 30 weather effect hats (6/30)

High Goal:
Price 10 Demonflame Unusuals (4/7)

lowered high goal

also important to point out that morning glory and death at dusk count as weather effects

today's update:

Monday the 26th, the current progress is:

Low Goal:
Update the price of 50 hats with an average price of under 30 keys (50/50)

goal completed, no more entries being taken

Medium Goal:
Update the price of 30 weather effect hats (12/30)

High Goal:

thought that medium was gonna be easier since it went with the easy goal, but everyone did like steaming and smoking x.x

today's update:

Low Goal:

goal completed, no more entries being taken

Medium Goal:
Update the price of 30 weather effect hats (24/30)

High Goal:

getting close on the medium goal!

today's update: (late again, I know)

Low Goal:

Success!

Low Prize:

A sweet level 3 chin (donated by teeny)+Zeph. Greed Brawling Buccaneer

Chances:

Teeny - 32%

Sugarcube - 22%

Mindacos - 8%

Foamy - 8%

Shuffle - 6%

Randy - 4%

King of All Kats - 4%

Boom - 4%

Bob - 2%

ElectroStatic - 2%

stealthona - 2%

Ze Chicken - 2%

Julia - 2%

racial - 2%

Winner:

Sugarcube with a 22% chance! Congrats!

Medium Goal:
Update the price of 30 weather effect hats (30/30)

it was really close! The last two suggestions I counted for the end of the day were weather effects and got exactly 30

Success!

Medium Prize:
This absolutely disgusting lime painted Cheet Sheet+3 ref+2 Vintage Lochs+A strange spy-cicle+4 ref+a strange shahashnah

Chances:

Teeny - 40%

Sugarcube - 17%

Mindacos - 10%

Foamy - 7%

Randy - 7%

Oddball - 3%

Domnul - 3%

Shuffle - 3%

racial - 3%

Boom - 3%

happysedits - 3%

Winner:

Teeny with a 40% chance! Congrats!

High Goal:

This week to celebrate a month of the game as well as a large amount of donations from various users, we will be doing a

Major Unusual Pricing Event

This even will consist of one large goal and a very large prize pool

It will start on Sunday and continue to the Sunday after that

Until then, I will be collecting donations and taking ideas. Right now the prize pool is ~15 keys in random stuff from my bp as well as from other people's bps who have donated, but I would like this pool to be as large as possible! All donations will be greatly appreciated and will work to making this event even better!

I will also be taking event goal suggestions, as many people have advised me towards good goals I would like to hear some ideas for what would be a good idea for a large, collaborative group effort towards one goal that needs to be done. Ideas can be sent through steam, forum PM, or posted here. Thanks!

I would like to hear some ideas for what would be a good idea for a large, collaborative group effort towards one goal

The single biggest impact suggesters can make imo is to update the hats currently priced in buds. Every time a buds suggestion passes, these unusuals continue to go up in value. Their values are just ridiculously inflated. I believe that change happened on April 11, so these would be hats priced more than 7 months ago.

• Administrators

That could be helpful and is wide-reaching enough that it might be a bit easier for more people to contribute to.

+ kevin, keep the prize for the next one. You want some killstreak kits and stuff for the prize pool? You turned down my offer last time. :P

Polar's idea would be great for a pricing event as there are many many many hats that fit that requirement.  That way the event can last a long time and people can price as many hats as they want without really any limitation (except I guess most don't have recent sales, but enough probably do).  Also I'll donate some to the pool c:

That could be helpful and is wide-reaching enough that it might be a bit easier for more people to contribute to.

+ kevin, keep the prize for the next one. You want some killstreak kits and stuff for the prize pool? You turned down my offer last time. :P

Sure, that'd be great!

The single biggest impact suggesters can make imo is to update the hats currently priced in buds. Every time a buds suggestion passes, these unusuals continue to go up in value. Their values are just ridiculously inflated. I believe that change happened on April 11, so these would be hats priced more than 7 months ago.

my biggest problem with this is that the current method I use for gathering the info as to what unusuals have been updated would take significantly longer with that goal, however it could be do-able and is needed

Polar's idea would be great for a pricing event as there are many many many hats that fit that requirement.  That way the event can last a long time and people can price as many hats as they want without really any limitation (except I guess most don't have recent sales, but enough probably do).  Also I'll donate some to the pool c:

This actually makes me think of changing the event to a long term goal that goes on while the other weekly stuff is happening, and continues until it is fulfilled, which would guarantee the prize being given out and would allow for a larger scale of the goal. I know polar had a similar idea he brought up with me for something like this, I think I might change it to this!

delaying the start by a day because I have a ton of stuff to do tonight, still taking ideas and donations, haven't quite made up my mind

• Administrators

Huzzah, I made a forum account! And there was much rejoicing.

Large missions sound good, Im up for a challenge like that. In general, I like this idea, its a good motivation (Im a bit late here, I know, but yeah, couldnt post that here before without an account).Ill try to contribute, although Ill be away from time to time.

One thing though: Especially when the prizes get larger, it may happen that people will start updating things for the sake of updating, even when sales are scarce (or worse, when sales are absent at all and people will force BO drops) or when it concerns sales that would normally be avoided due to complexity or dependence on huge strings of dupe minis etc. which may result in awkward or inaccurate pricing. Im not sure if it will happen, but it may be something worth keeping an eye on.

As for donations: Id love to support the cause, but I dont have that much I can donate. Ive recently sold most of my spare/unused ks/spec ks items because my real-life financial situation is kind of bad at the moment. Because of that, most of the items that would be suitable for his are items I use in game. The rest is mostly too expensive or of neglectible value :P I guess I can donate a gold-painted BoA for now (which is something I guess :D). You may add me for that, or send me a trade offer.

~Foamy :3

One thing though: Especially when the prizes get larger, it may happen that people will start updating things for the sake of updating, even when sales are scarce (or worse, when sales are absent at all and people will force BO drops) or when it concerns sales that would normally be avoided due to complexity or dependence on huge strings of dupe minis etc. which may result in awkward or inaccurate pricing. Im not sure if it will happen, but it may be something worth keeping an eye on.

yeah, this has been a concern and a reason for why I haven't made the pots large on the normal goals. Right now I'm thinking I might split it up into stages with different prizes for each stage, as polar brought up an idea to me a while ago about doing something similar to this with a larger prize and I told him almost the exact same thing :P, so it's definitely something to be aware of

11/2/15-12/2/15

This will be a three tiered event, with each tier being reached and increasingly valuable prizes being given out

The goal will be what polar said, to update unusuals still priced in buds. An indicator an unusual is priced in buds is a weird decimal in the price. I will announce the numbers for the goal tomorrow. The normal weekly stuff will be going on during all of this.

11/2/15-12/2/15

This will be a three tiered event, with each tier being reached and increasingly valuable prizes being given out

The goal will be what polar said, to update unusuals still priced in buds. An indicator an unusual is priced in buds is a weird decimal in the price. I will announce the numbers for the goal tomorrow. The normal weekly stuff will be going on during all of this.

i read that as 11/2/15 - 11/2/15 woops

after some difficulties with various things, I'm gonna have to eyeball this goal

uhh, let's make the first tier 60 unusuals priced in buds for the first 10 day segment (11/2/15-11/12/15)

see how this goes

needed to wait for the weekend to catch up with everything I missed, the normal weekly stuff will resume next week

for now, the progress of the 1st tier is:

60/60

I'm going to attribute this being completed almost immediately to someone taking a bit too much adderall while going through backlog, like seriously, in the past two days there have been as many price suggestions accepted as there was for the entire week before that

this goal was completed by half of the total suggestions accepted in the past 2 days, I didn't even have to look at the other half

so, enjoy this elevator music until thursday lol

yay its back

This Week (11/11-11/18):

Low Goal:
Update the price of 35 hats with hair (0/35)

Low Prize:
a heavy lifter

Medium Goal:
Update 55 hats with fire (0/45)

Medium Prize:
purple merc's muffler

High Goal:
Update the price of 20 samur-eyes and kabutos (0/20)

High Prize:
diamond botkiller flamethrower

also, thanks to cares, I have been able to compile a list of the number of outdated hats with each effect. I'll be using this for the goals and hope someone else will find some use for it, here's the updated list cares made: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/93172108/tf2/diff/diff-y2015w45.html

and here are the number of outdated unusuals by effect:

1st gen
burning: 148
scorching: 112
hearts: 99
peace sign: 98
tf logo: 83
green fetti: 75
purple fetti: 91
green energy: 109
purple energy: 101
ghosts: 92
flies: 84
searing: 89
beams: 97
vivid: 94

2nd gen
blizz: 125
bubbling: 117
nuts: 96
orbiting fire: 164
orbiting planets: 91
smoking: 119
steaming: 108
stormy: 136

3rd gen
aces: 115
cloud 9: 122
dead presidents: 119
disco beat down: 132
killawatt: 137
miami: 131
terror-watt: 127

halloween
cauldron bubbles: 47
cloudy moon: 55
eerie orbiting fire: 49
lantern: 31
harvest: 42
secret: 47
knifestorm: 24
misty skull: 38
stormy 13th: 31
arcana: 35
chiro: 21
darkblaze: 26
demonflame: 35
hellfire: 32
poisoned shadows: 29
SBTWC: 36
spellbound: 28
amaranthine: 38
bonzo: 29
ghastly ghosts: 32
phantasm: 42
stare from beyond: 42
ooze: 38

Robo
anti-freeze: 43
electro: 35
GBH: 50
mem leak: 41
overclocked: 42
phos: 52
power surge: 30
roboactive: 38
sulph: 44
time warp: 52

EOTL
d@d: 85
frostbite: 78
mallard: 81
mg: 93

I have some items that I could donate if you are in need of some more.

Not worth a whole lot but let me know if you think any of them would be ok.

Some of them you'd probably have to create a 'bundle' to make it worth much.

If some or all are ok, let me know and I'll shoot over a trade offer.

Scout: Courtiers Collar, Cadet Visor, Back country BS
Pyro: Forest Fire FlameThrower FN
Demo: Tam O'Shanter
Spy: Old Country Revolver FT

Lightening Rod Shotgun FT
Hong Kong Cone

Third Degree Strangifier
Strange Part: Assists

I have some items that I could donate if you are in need of some more.

Not worth a whole lot but let me know if you think any of them would be ok.

Some of them you'd probably have to create a 'bundle' to make it worth much.

If some or all are ok, let me know and I'll shoot over a trade offer.

Scout: Courtiers Collar, Cadet Visor, Back country BS

Pyro: Forest Fire FlameThrower FN

Demo: Tam O'Shanter

Spy: Old Country Revolver FT

Lightening Rod Shotgun FT

Hong Kong Cone

Third Degree Strangifier

Strange Part: Assists

I'm planning on making the first tier prize a bunch of low tier items, so those would work perfectly!

I've sent you a trade offer and will include them in the prize for the winner announced later today

I'm planning on making the first tier prize a bunch of low tier items, so those would work perfectly!

I've sent you a trade offer and will include them in the prize for the winner announced later today

Awesome! Glad I could help!

Take Care

Archived