A rather 'unusual' price suggesting game

Kevin the Chicken God

• Administrators
Sorry for being late, I was gonna post this yesterday. This does not affect the time allotted.

This is a two-week event with a christmas-enhanced prize pool. Full credits for the prize pool of this event go to Carnage, who will be providing them. I cannot thank you enough for this! :3 
The prizes will be revealed on January 1st, but I can already tell you, they'll be worth it! 

Any suggestions, meeting the prerequisites from the challenges provided below, that have been accepted between 22-12-2015 0:00 and 03-01-2016 23:59 [GMT+1] will count towards completion of each specific target.

The challenges:

Tier 1 [easy challenge]
"Have yourselves a merry little smissmas"

★ 
Update or price 100 hats of unusual quality that have a festive/winter/christmas theme. 
I've listed them per event at which they were released since I decided to change the target last-minute.
Australian Christmas (2010)
- Prancer's Pride*
- Industrial Festivizer*
- A Rather Festive Tree*

Australian Christmas (2011)
- Big Elfin Deal*
- Head Warmer*
- Brown Bomber*

Mecha Update (2012)
- Soldier's Slope Scopers*
- Cold Killer*
- Antlers* 
- Tough Stuff Muffs*

Smissmas 2013
- Runner's Warm-Up*
- Toy Tailor*
- Toy Soldier*
- Neckwear Headwear*
- Kiss King*
- Polar Pullover*

Smissmas 2014
- Scot Bonnet*
- Old Man Frost*
- Siberian Facehugger*
- Professional's Ushanka*

Hats that were not released during any of these updates that count as well
- Gentleman's Ushanka
- Officer's Ushanka
- Winter Woodsman
- Coldsnap Cap
- Fur-lined Fighter
- Vintage Merryweather (because Merry Christmas. its forced, I know, but it counts. Deal with it.)

As you may or may not have guessed yet, I was initially going to do all hats released during a christmas update, but that would give me almost three times the amount of hats I have now.

0/100

★  Tier 1 prize:
Will be revealed on January 1st

Tier 2 [medium challenge]
"Bucket List"

★ ★ 
Okay, this is sort-of a  'personal' one I guess. It is in celebration of operation Kick The Bucket which I did earlier this year with Zapperzz, which was my first updating spree project

Update 45 Buckets
Hats that count towards this target:
- Brain Bucket
- Berliners Bucket
- Bombers Bucket hat
- Blokes Bucket hat

0/45

★ ★  Tier 2 prize:

Tier 3 [Hard challenge]
"I'm dreaming of a white christmas"

★ ★ ★   
Price or update 100 unusuals with Blizzardy Storm or Frostbite as effect
- Blizzardy Storm
- Frostbite

0/100

★ ★ ★  Tier 3 prize:

I hope I've balanced the amounts of required updates. I've tried to make the challenges a tad more difficult/effort-requiring than the regular ones. I may reconsider (especially the last tier since im not sure of that) if it turns out that Ive overestimated capacities. 

I'll post an update later today or tomorrow already where I will list updates accepted since the "start".

Another thing:
When I started the events I was planning on refraining completely from updating hats counting towards the challenges' targets, in order to not mix with the prizes (i.e so that I dont win my own prizes). Given the scale of this project, I probably wont be able to refrain from all updates. I will likely exclude myself from winning chances, though. Not sure how I will incorporate updates I have done myself yet.

(>^.^)> Good luck and enjoy the holidays! <(^.^<)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you have a nice themed challenge, however I think your numbers to complete the goals are rather high but maybe you are just optimistic and it all works out.^^

- Head Warmer*

Good luck to anyone trying to price those, I try my best to keep them up to date :P

But yeah, agreeing with Woifi, the numbers are probably high. It's hard to be consistent with the numbers though, as some weeks suggestors make a lot, and other weeks they don't. That was definitely a challenge with challenges of the week a year ago

edit: turns out I've been slacking on the low tier 2nd and 3rd gens, although in my defense, many of those aren't on the market that often

• Administrators

Yeah, it was difficult to find quantities suitable for a two-week challenge, especially since I also have to take into consideration not everyone will be active during the christmas days themselves. Ill keep monitoring the progress and make appropriate "changes" if necessary :P

• Administrators

**** update ****

two days in and we're already making decent progress!

★ Tier 1:
14/100

★★ Tier 2:
5/45

★★★ Tier 3:
10/100

Keep up the good work!

• Administrators

**** Update ****

We've had the christmas days now, progress was expected to be limited. Still not bad

★ Tier 1:
24/100

★★ Tier 2:
5/45

★★★ Tier 3:
13/100

• Administrators

**** update ****

Happy new year everyone! Decent progress has been made in most of the targets, considering the festive days we've had. I hope you all had a great time!
Apologies for the inactivity, I myself have been busy during the days as well :P

★ Tier 1:
38/100

★★ Tier 2:
7/45

★★★ Tier 3:
19/100

I was gonna reveal the prizes yesterday, but Im slow and lazy.

★ Tier 1: 

3 keys OR 2 months of premium

★★Tier 2: 

Australium Axtinguisher

★★★Tier 3: 

Blizzardy storm Madam Dixie

As for the targets: im going to be lenient here. Given where we are now, Im going to start by halving the target amounts. Should the initial targets be reached anyway, Ill throw in an additional prize :P

Depending on how the coming few days go, I may extend the time as well. Such festive target should be reached, right? :D

Ill put in additional effort myself, hoping we can still get as many targets as possible :D

• Administrators

**** Quick update ****

Event is extended until Jan 7th. I was gonna extend it to the 6th because thats some end-of-christmas related holiday in my country, but since I probably wont be here on the 7th, I figured that that may just as well be an extra day :P

★ Tier 1:
54/50

★★ Tier 2:
7/27

★★★ Tier 3:
32/50

I've halved the targets as I have announced in my last update. The easy target has been reached! :D

• Administrators

**** Final results ****

Okay so I was going to post this yesterday, but my laptop was like "LOLnope, Ill stop working now".

Anyway, here they are:

★ Tier 1:
50/50 COMPLETED

★★ Tier 2:
16/27

★★★ Tier 3:
42/50

Technically, only the first goal was reached, but I want to reward the efforts of everyone working on the other two as well in some way, whilst still factoring in that the challenge was not actually fulfilled. For that, I've thought of the following:

If the target was not reached, I'll fill in the missing amount with blanks, which will mean the following (taking the tier 3 target as example)
The amount of suggestions counting towards the target gives you a winning chance percentage. 42/50 hats were updated, 8/50 were missing. the last 8 "spots" (think of it as a raffle with 50 entries) are blank, and go to no one, meaning that there's a 16% chance that "no one" wins this prize. 

If anyone has a question/suggestion about the abovementioned idea, let me know.

I will construct a table with winning chances and announce the winners this evening (IF my laptop does not mess up again:P)

As for the next week-challenges, I'll wait for issues regarding the recent bptf updates to resolve before starting a new one.

• Administrators
Winning percentages for the challenges:

★
Tier 1:

Sugarcube 22%
Magenta 12%
Foamy 10%
Mindacos 10%
Jack 8%
Rafiozol 8%
KingKats 4%
Mightybob 4%
Br0sef Stalin 2%
Brendan 2%
Discovery 2%
HarryG 2%
Kiki vidis 2%
Merndy 2%
Moonlight 2%
Nos 2%
PPink FireOneShotOneMiss 2%
Trading are nuts 2%
Youtube happysedits 2%

No one 0%

★★Tier 2:

Mindacos 26%
Rafiozol 11%
Carnage 8%
Sugarcube 8%
Erik 3%
Youtube happysedits 3%

No one 41%

★★★Tier 3:

Foamy 16%
Mindacos 14%
Ironman 10%
Sugarcube 10%
Rafiozol 8%
Charity 2%
Click click boom 2%
Jacob 2%
King of all Kats 2%
Magenta 2%
Merndy 2%
Mixtape Fam 2%
Moonlight Drop 2%
Nos 2%
Snowraptor 2%
Teezy 2%
Youtube happysedits 2%

No one 18%

I've listed but removed my own winning chances. I'll let Carnage decide what happens if I do roll myself, since I'd count it as "no one", returning the prize to him.
I'll wait for Carnage to come online, then I shall let fate decide who will get these awesome prizes!

As the main suggesting issues have fixed since the update (afaik), Ill start next week's challenge tomorrow

• Administrators

And the winners are:

★Tier 1:

youtube.com/happysedits|3k subs with a 2% chance

★★Tier 2:

Mindacos with a 26% chance

★★★Tier 3:

Sugarcube with a 10% chance

Congratulations! Enjoy your prizes. Carnage is distributing them as we speak.

Once again, huge thanks to Carnage for his generous donations!

Archived