A rather 'unusual' price suggesting game

Kevin the Chicken God

will put out a normal goal as per usual on Wednesday, was just a bit strapped for time this week, especially with the big pricing game thing going on

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really have much motivation to keep this up, if someone would like to take it over I would be more than happy to help, if not I don't think I'll keep it going

• Administrators

I'd want to but I dont have the in-game goodies to give as prizes (Im too poor ;-; ). I guess without the prizes there's not much to play for ;c It was very nice while it lasted and I enjoyed this. I can still come up with things to update I guess, either giving really cheap/crappy prizes or just for fun :P

I'd want to but I dont have the in-game goodies to give as prizes (Im too poor ;-; ). I guess without the prizes there's not much to play for ;c It was very nice while it lasted and I enjoyed this. I can still come up with things to update I guess, either giving really cheap/crappy prizes or just for fun :P

I'd be happy to donate a few items every now and then for the prizes :D

• Administrators

I'd be happy to donate a few items every now and then for the prizes :D

That would be awesome :P Ill attempt to chip in as I do have a few things I could give. I will attempt to set something up for this weekend if I have the time, and I probably do.

• Administrators

Yeah I can throw some more killstreaks your way. I'll complete some specialized ones later, remind me on steam if I forget.

• Administrators

Awesome, thanks guys! And thanks Marty for your donations :3 You can add me or send me a trade offer with the items you can spare; Ill try to keep a list of them to make sure I dont mix them up with my own stuff, but Im quite sure that wont happen anyway!

Awesome, thanks guys! And thanks Marty for your donations :3 You can add me or send me a trade offer with the items you can spare; Ill try to keep a list of them to make sure I dont mix them up with my own stuff, but Im quite sure that wont happen anyway!

Sorry for being so late, but thanks so much for doing this!

I can donate items as well, and can help you out if you have any questions

• Administrators

Sorry for being so late, but thanks so much for doing this!

I can donate items as well, and can help you out if you have any questions

Yeah, I'll add you as I have a few questions :P. Ill probably make the final decision for this week's update game, I already have 3 fun ideas :P

• Administrators
Alright so as promised, here we go!

Every accepted suggestion between 13-12-2015 0.00 and 18-12-2015 23:59 will count towards the target. [GMT+1 (thats my time zone ;p)] to give you an indication of my time zone compared to yours: This round starts 5 hours from now (so 13-12-2015 is in 5 hrs)

The challenges:

Tier 1 [easy challenge]

"What shall we do with the drunken sailor?"

★ 

Update or price 30 pirate-themed demoman hats.

This includes:

- Buccaneers Bicorne

- Bolted Bicorne

- Pirates Bandanna

- Tipplers Tricorne

- Rimmed Raincatcher

Tricornes are not necessarily pirate-y, but what the hell. They count. 

★  Tier 1 prize:

A pirate themed demo set containing:

- Liquor locker (yet to acquire)

- tipplers tricorne (Donated by Marty Birdman)

- Strange stickybomb launcher

- Strange persian persuader (not really pirate themed but it looks like something pirates could use.)

- Bootlegger

Tier 2 [medium challenge]

"Desert Meh-rauder"

★ ★ 

Update or price 25 desert marauders.

Most of them are heavily outdated and often pop up in suggestions as hats that require minis.

★ ★  Tier 2 prize:

A carbonado botkiller sniper rifle (won in MvM ages by yours truly)

Tier 3 [Hard challenge]

"Gaze into my chocolate eyes"

★ ★ ★   

Set the price for 10 currently unpriced hats with halloween eye-cloud effects

- Amaranthine

- The Ooze

- Stare from Beyond

I've found that many of them currently dont have a price yet. Time for you guys to change that

★ ★ ★  Tier 3 prize:

- Two private eyes [Donated by Marty Birdman]

- A strange Eyelander [yet to acquire]

- A festive Eyelander [yet to acquire]

- Sight for sore eyes [yet to acquire]

[You may guess the theme here]

@Kevin, I have added you but not yet spotted you online so far. I reckon I saw you had a specific method to count accepted suggestions that meet the requirements easily and accurately. Could you let me know about them either here or on Steam? :P

I will post updates regularly. I hope y'all enjoy and that the prizes arent too sucky :P

Posted · Hidden by Teeny Tiny Cat, December 13, 2015 - Unrelated/spam
Hidden by Teeny Tiny Cat, December 13, 2015 - Unrelated/spam

The dislikes in the comment section on my last suggestion #feelsbadman.jpg

• Administrators

**** UPDATE ****

Meh.

★ Tier 1:
0/30

★★ Tier 2:
2/25

★★★ Tier 3:
2/10 [one of which was my own suggestion from a month ago]

I cry ;-;

• Administrators

**** UPDATE ****

Enormous progress has been made in the past 2 days. With less than 48 hours to go, our current status is as follows:

★ Tier 1:
4/30

★★ Tier 2:
2/25

★★★ Tier 3:
3/10

Enormous progress has been made in the past 2 days.

> Enormous progress...

You did like 95% of those suggestions xD

On behalf of me and all the suggesters... sorry :P I'll try to do some more suggestions, plz extend dedline

I recommend you post a new topic since you are now the owner of this contest and this thread is getting long.  Maybe in the the next one you could keep each contest in the main post rather than posting a reply for each update.  Maybe a steam group could be made as well for announcing things. Also maybe a "spoiler" could be kept in the main post containing the "archives" of previous contests/events. (as well as a link to this topic and maybe the other ones that were similar to this)

Enormous progress has been made in the past 2 days. With less than 48 hours to go, our current status is as follows:

I think most suggestions, or at least a lot of them, are accepted over the weekend so it might be beneficial to include at least one in the time range.

Any plan on adding a goal for unusuals still priced in buds? polar did say that updating those would help the most out of everything. Maybe a separate, longer time range?

Let me know when and what tiers you need prizes for. 

• Administrators

I think most suggestions, or at least a lot of them, are accepted over the weekend so it might be beneficial to include at least one in the time range.

Fair point, I can extend the time until the end of the weekend, in which case Ill accept everything accepted in the weekend as well :P That may influence the general dates for my weekly challenges, but Ill see how I handle that

Any plan on adding a goal for unusuals still priced in buds? polar did say that updating those would help the most out of everything. Maybe a separate, longer time range?

yeah, I'm planning to make a challenge of that nature again soon. Not sure how I'll do it exactly; planning on doing that at the start of 2016. In the end, that's the ultimate goal of course.

Let me know when and what tiers you need prizes for. 

Im generally trying to keep the prizes "themed", related to the challenge (thats a personal thing I guess, I enjoy making and working out those themes :P) I'll generally list the things I want to give as prizes at the end of the challenge a week before. I currently still need a few items for this week:

- Strange eyelander

- Festive eyelander

- Sight for sore eyes

- Liquor locker

Not really the most expensive things; if you (or anyone) would have either of those they can miss, that would be great for now :P Especially since it seems the attention for the challenges is relatively limited at this moment, I'll decide how to progress every seperate week. The same will go for the prizes on which ill decide at those points. As for next week, I was thinking of getting a strange invis tool (probably a strange DR or C&D).

For the weekly challenges, I generally aim to keep the prizes worth around 10-15ref for the high-tiers and ~5 for the low tiers. not sure what I'll aim at when I do the budprice event again, but Ill probably make sets with compiled donations and my own stuff to make them a little more appealing. Not sure if ill let them take on the same value-class as Kevin did earlier, Im yet to decide about that.

Should the interest remain limited or should it be that I stop the event for any other reason, Ill aim to return "unused" donations to whoever donated them in the end.

> Enormous progress...

You did like 95% of those suggestions xD

On behalf of me and all the suggesters... sorry :P I'll try to do some more suggestions, plz extend dedline

I recommend you post a new topic since you are now the owner of this contest and this thread is getting long.  Maybe in the the next one you could keep each contest in the main post rather than posting a reply for each update.  Maybe a steam group could be made as well for announcing things. Also maybe a "spoiler" could be kept in the main post containing the "archives" of previous contests/events. (as well as a link to this topic and maybe the other ones that were similar to this)

Thats okay, Im not blaming anyone :P As described above Ill extend the deadline. As for the rest: Im not too well-known in the use of the forums I guess. Ill ask you a few questions on steam 

• Administrators

**** Update ****

★ Tier 1:
5/30

★★ Tier 2:
2/25

★★★ Tier 3:
6/10

I guess even with the extended time this is not gonna work this week:P
Should I start a new challenge, or should I give it an extra week? If there's any other changes in the concept that would help, let me know!

I guess even with the extended time this is not gonna work this week:P

Should I start a new challenge, or should I give it an extra week? If there's any other changes in the concept that would help, let me know!

Maybe start a new one and give it a little longer, maybe til new years? Christmas theme perhaps. I can cover each of the three tiers for this one, it won't be completely Christmas themed but they'll be higher value than normal in the spirit of the holidays and in honor of Kevin.

• Administrators

I think part of the prob is that you and randy did a lot of suggestions and now you're both out, lol.

I'll be doing more again after xmas, just had a lot of bits and bobs to do recently.

• Administrators

Final results:

★ Tier 1:
5/30

★★ Tier 2:
2/25

★★★ Tier 3:
7/10

There's 2 open marauders, one of which is my own :P I guess Ill be working on finishing these to kinda live up to the idea :P
Tomorrow I'll be posting the next challenge. I'll try to make festive themed challenges in some way, which can be done in the two weeks christmas break (So roughly until January 3rd).

Maybe start a new one and give it a little longer, maybe til new years? Christmas theme perhaps. I can cover each of the three tiers for this one, it won't be completely Christmas themed but they'll be higher value than normal in the spirit of the holidays and in honor of Kevin.

That would be great! You may send me a trade offer with the items you can miss :3 I will return any items from challenges where the goal was not reached, although Im thinking of paying out even if theyre not completed this time (given that some progress is made) in the spirit of christmas, but since it'd be your items, I'll leave that up to you ^^

• Administrators

i forgot to make/send killstreaks but if you're doing themed prizes then a bunch of random ones doesn't make sense. if you tell me what themes you're doing for prizes i can see what i have and give appropriate specialized or normal ones for the weps?

• Administrators

i forgot to make/send killstreaks but if you're doing themed prizes then a bunch of random ones doesn't make sense. if you tell me what themes you're doing for prizes i can see what i have and give appropriate specialized or normal ones for the weps?

The next challenge will be covering the last ~2 weeks of this year and Ive discussed with Carnage, he will supply the prizes for that one. For the ones I'll be doing afterwards I can let you know each week :P. If you let me know which ones you have, I can try to fixate on themes that would make sense with the weps, since it basicly narrows it down to a class for which to select hats to be updated. Either of those will work :D

I'll have to see how things will progress though, since I also want to continue the bud-priced section, for which random stuff may work as well (although I could even assign specific classes to update budpriced hats for, but that seems kinda forced imo :P). I'll keep you updated on the challenges when I will make new ones.

• Administrators

I have literally hundreds, though most are garbage. Just check my bp I guess, you can have any you want + the parts to make them.

Archived