The Gun Mettle Update

Mr. Baconstrips

I find it as Valve's attempt to keep Tf2 alive. They added so many of CS:GO features such as skins, conditions, a stat-clock? I have a strong feeling, everyone going to quick sell their unusuals now lol. Or am I crazy?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw a lot of people talking about the ingame update but not much about the update coming tomomrrow...and its big.

http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=17356

tbh im just glad we are finally getting something.

On another note, is anyone...slightly underwelmed? I mean, I am VERY happy to get some new content, but this 7 month gap? And with many people switching to other games (I personally moved to other games in my library after sale), can this update revive the hype?

(sorry for caps and excessive fucks in advanced)

I WAS FUCKING PROMISED MATCHMAKING NOT THIS

IM FUCKING DONE

DONER THAN I EVER FUCKING WAS 

IF I WANTED UGLY ASS SKINS ID GO PLAY FUCKING CS:GO

*quits to Dirty Bomb*

I like that they allow nooblets to hold my beautiful gun after their lucky crit. 

Seraiously though, at least people will stop askign to look at my weapon and actually fight me for it.

xPIzxrY.png

Yet again, Valve royally screws up the update, and they had 7 months or so to work on this. And what they come up with is... this? A rip off of CSGO? 

fuck this update. If Valve feels like giving an update to TF2, they might as well make it unique. Instead, they chose to rip off their own game and make few creative ideas. I have a good feeling lots of youtubers will be making videos about this. Especially Muselk, who iirc has started experimenting with csgo videos.

Oy vey, we bring you another attempt of Valve trying to unload money off people. Congratulations, Valve!

I am happy, ecstatic, that valve finally release an update for tf2 including new taunts, maps, and even cosmetics. It's mainly the fact is sooo similar to CS:GO is the issue. I'm guessing that valve is seeing that many people are switching to CS:GO as of lately and I'm guessing that they want to keep their players in tf2.

THANK THE LORD ALMIGHTY THE BABY BLASTER IS NERFED. HALLELUJAH

(in other news the gunslinger got nerfed. now stfu and eat my mini you fat fu-)

LOCH N LOAD IS GETTING NERFED!!! and there's finally a heavy taunt c:

I like how they're balancing and changing weapons but the fact that it's ripping off csgo makes me sad. Lots of new skins but no new weapons ;-;

How would unusual weapons work? I don't really want there to be an alternative to an aussie one.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS THE LOCH AND LOAD IS NERFED MY JOY CANNOT BE CONTAINED!

Hi, we work at Valve, and we have a lot of money.

Want new weapons? Have reskins instead.

Want maps? Here, have some that have already been in the game for the past year.

Want balances? Let's nerf the bad weapons and upgrade the good weapons.

Thanks, and have fun

LOCH N LOAD IS GETTING NERFED!!! and there's finally a heavy taunt c:

I like how they're balancing and changing weapons but the fact that it's ripping off csgo makes me sad. Lots of new skins but no new weapons ;-;

How would unusual weapons work? I don't really want there to be an alternative to an aussie one.

yeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

I'm guessing that valve is seeing that many people are switching to CS:GO as of lately and I'm guessing that they want to keep their players in tf2.

that's what they're doing. The only thing you can buy in csgo are keys, and most people buy those on the steam market. TF2 on the other hand has an entire shop that makes Valve money due to newbies not realizing that they're paying 5.99 for a hat that is barely worth 20 cents.

valve ripped off tf2 based on their own game csgo

i'm only interested of the weapon stat updates.

no more loch n loads op-ness

You guys were saying they ripped off csgo and I didnt see update 1.

now I realize this is a massive rip off on that. 

I think that this kind of csgo replica will add some depth to trading again. 

And the first to get an unusual weapon will make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Apparently Backpack.tf is... less happy than I expected about this?

I'm cool with it. The weapon skin shit is blatantly ripping off CS:GO, but at least it adds a brand new layer to the economy, and--*gasp* brand new gameplay? Wow, I never even asked for that, VALVe.

Also, all the weapon balances. And we get Snowplow as an official map. Seriously, your complaints seem really weak compared to that.

Given the Strange Unusual weapons I wonder if the database will be updated so they can be priced separately, it has already been an issue (there is actually a rule regarding Strange Unusual Thirst Bloods because of this) so maybe now it will change?

What I like is that valve is allowing people to try on different weapons so that people will know what to buy....

su clvr

Archived