Unusual Team Captain Decision

Autogen

Hello Everyone!

As an active trader in the TF2 Community, I have been given the opportunity to buy an Unusual Team Captain

Few problems though. My choices are steaming or smoking.

What I would like to know is the following:

-Which one stands out more

-Which one looks better

-Which one suits the Team Captain

I know that the smoking variant is listed as 0.5 buds higher than steaming.... Is this because its a standout effect compared to steaming? All help is appreciated :)

Stay classy, Ron Burgundy

Don't even bother getting a smoking or steaming TC. The only thing more annoying than cancer hats are cancer effects on expensive hats. Theyre overpriced. In my opinion, if you slather a bar of gold in shit, the gold is worth a little less. So just bide your time until you can afford a GOOD all class like a KE, and don't get a shitty effect on it.

If you don't plan to resell it then go smoking, because it will take eons to resell. I used to own a smoking TC 

My advice is don't bother with a bad effect TC just buy a good effect all class hat or wait till you can get a much better effect. But if you want one or the other definitely go smoking. 

Here's a SFM poster I had Alex make for me. Trust me it looks 100% worse in game, compared to the poster. But, it was nice to wear.  :)

iF3mgq7HzxKGa.png

Don't even bother getting a smoking or steaming TC. The only thing more annoying than cancer hats are cancer effects on expensive hats. Theyre overpriced. In my opinion, if you slather a bar of gold in shit, the gold is worth a little less. So just bide your time until you can afford a GOOD all class like a KE, and don't get a shitty effect on it.

I am not rich, im not spending 400,000 dollars to wear a unusual killer exclusive, for 12 seconds...

can there be a "none" option?

you could just get a much better-looking hat that is all class and not just restricted to three

I am not rich, im not spending 400,000 dollars to wear a unusual killer exclusive, for 12 seconds...

I dont know any KE that costs this much. The burning sold for only $10,000 not $400,000 and he can wear it forever. I dont think unusuals have time limits either

Seriously though, assuming you're going to spend around 4 buds, you can spend it on a hat that'll be easier to sell.  And even if you think right now you'll never want to trade it, you probably will in 2 weeks ;)

I dont know any KE that costs this much. The burning sold for only $10,000 not $400,000 and he can wear it forever. I dont think unusuals have time limits either

It's a reference to the Meet the Heavy video.

Don't deter the man from buying a hat he wants to get simply because it'll be a "harder resale". That's precisely what's killing the buyers market is people are too caught up in what will sell faster, and not what they want. Stop being cancerous.

It was just a joke.  It's from Meet the Heavy "It costs $400,000 to fire this gun for 12 seconds."

I think what he's really saying is that he doesn't want to spend much more than he already stated on an unusual.  Maybe he likes the TC, what's wrong with that?  Obviously it's good to share advice about resale and value, but I think the only place that opinions are relevant is in answering the original question: smoking or steaming.

The most expensive KE right now is worth around $11k, which is a 36th of $400k, so you would be spending much less for the same 12 seconds of awesomeness.

On a serious note, don't buy an unusual TC, cash out and buy something palpable, something useful.

The most expensive KE right now is worth around $11k, which is a 36th of $400k, so you would be spending much less for the same 12 seconds of awesomeness.

On a serious note, don't buy an unusual TC, cash out and buy something palpable, something useful.

Way to read the 2 posts directly above you.

Way to read the 2 posts directly above you.

On a serious note.....

Look at them both in game and make a decision for yourself.

It was just a joke.  It's from Meet the Heavy "It costs $400,000 to fire this gun for 12 seconds."

I think what he's really saying is that he doesn't want to spend much more than he already stated on an unusual.  Maybe he likes the TC, what's wrong with that?  Obviously it's good to share advice about resale and value, but I think the only place that opinions are relevant is in answering the original question: smoking or steaming.

Guess my sarcasm didnt come through, welp

I usually prefer steaming, looks cleaner to me.

In terms of value, they are basically the same, so choose the one you like more.

And if you plan to wear it, just get the hat you like, not the one that sells faster.

My question here is, why the actual f*ck would you want a cancer-low tier Team Captain?

Very Low demand.

Hard to resell.

Looks ugly.

Not worth it.

If you HAD to choose, Smoking. I know from experience though, it's gonna be a pain in the butt to resell. And also, didn't I buy that Stormy Veil off you? :D

Least get something decent looking, all the summer effects are currently dropping a lot so that may be an option at some point but only for a reasonable low price, lot summer effects are still overpriced especially on the team captain.

Anyway profit wise i would't touch summer effects at all.

Archived