whats the deal with the summer things?

mattking45

Weren't the Flip-Flops and the summer Hat available on the TF2 market for a limited time? I kow there aren't are lot of both but why didn't people buy them. Were they only there for like a day? Anyone know how long they were available for?

Weren't the Flip-Flops and the summer Hat available on the TF2 market for a limited time? I kow there aren't are lot of both but why didn't people buy them. Were they only there for like a day? Anyone know how long they were available for?

Try the TF2Wiki

From the wiki:

"July 1, 2011 Patch

• Added the Summer Hat to the game.

July 12, 2011 [Item schema update]

• Removed the Summer Hat from the Mann Co. Store."

So it was available for purchase for 11 days. 

yes.

Thats why the craftable one is more expensive. 

/back in the day when you bought something from the store it was craftable but untradeable. Later on it was changed so that everything you bought from the store was tradeable but uncraftable. 

I'd have to take a guess and say people didn't buy them because they were too expensive. Not sure though.

That was a big factor. I want to say it was $20-25 for the three items.

Archived