Don't Play GMod

Wooden House

lmao. well an AD in cleared up what happended. this is such a genious virus

You know, tbh it really is, it's all a big joke though, all the guy did was made it say *cough* no real damage, it's a literal "infection" but once valve catches on people could be getting vac banned because it put a .dll file that's classified as a hack in your source engine if you've got it.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just found this

I hope Vinh will fix this because I really dont want a Vac ban (Those delete all items you didnt pay for from your inventory, so thats pretty much all my backpack)

You know, tbh it really is, it's all a big joke though, all the guy did was made it say *cough* no real damage, it's a literal "infection" but once valve catches on people could be getting vac banned because it put a .dll file that's classified as a hack in your source engine if you've got it.

But someone could take the same files and change it's payload, and it could be really harmful.

At least that's what they say in the facepunch forums.

So im assuming responding to the message with "wat" doesn't get you infected? Why would it?

Anyway, this happened to my friend earlier. He sent me coughs and I said wat, and he went offline. I thought he was just being weird 0_0

So im assuming responding to the message with "wat" doesn't get you infected? Why would it?

Anyway, this happened to my friend earlier. He sent me coughs and I said wat, and he went offline. I thought he was just being weird 0_0

This thing did the following to my Steam Account:

Spammed all my friends (Indirectly made them mad/remove me, not including the few people I got to before they removed me)

Got me a 10 Min ban from a TTT server for name change

Changed my name to VINH'LL FIX IT@@

Added a guy (Forgot his name)

Got something that can get me Vac banned (Which will indirectly can remove all items I didnt buy)

Binded all my Gmod keys to "VINH'LL FIX IT@@@@@@@@@@@@@@"

Why am I one of the unlucky ones that decided to play Gmod today ;~; And yes I will complain forever.

Spammed all my friends (Indirectly made them mad/remove me, not including the few people I got to before they removed me)

Got something that can get me Vac banned (Which will indirectly can remove all items I didnt buy)

Why am I one of the unlucky ones that decided to play Gmod today ;~; And yes I will complain forever.

They are on the case m8, supposedly they're letting out a fix 10 hours after the creation of the worm.

I didn't play gmod tho. I've been playing tf2 all day, no other servers even. So that is a no, I dont have it. I guess.

The only logical thing to do is now..... f**k all the gmod servers. Play solo 

C:

with solo you can play with 2'013921'30 addons! no annoying downloads!

also you seem familiar

Well, What file would it be if I did indeed have it?

Onces its in you can't get to it, it's in the engine somewhere it replaced an unknown file I think. This is why I included that .bat file for you to copy and paste

Alright, I have a few questions.

•Can infection only occur while in an infected server?

-If you receive such a message, can you get infected?

•If you are infected, will any server you go to get infected as well?

-If you create a LAN server, will those who join get infected too?

•Can this spread over to other Source games like TF2 and CS:GO? (Pardon my knowledge of which games run on the Source Engine.)

-Will that cause players of those games to get infected as well? Even if they don't own GMod?

Yeah, I don't want to get infected.

This should help

Should probably mention that you will require to check "View Hidden Folders and Files" under Tools > Folder Options

•Can this spread over to other Source games like TF2 and CS:GO? (Pardon my knowledge of which games run on the Source Engine.)

-Will that cause players of those games to get infected as well? Even if they don't own GMod?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Yes

4. Yes

5. It already has

6. Yes again

All the people who are worrying their ass off about getting a vac ban, you're not going to get a vac ban please stfu about it

Great, now Im scared about playing tf2. Haven't joined any server yet, do you think it's safe?

Wait so, can i be infected if i've been playing tf2?

So is this all over now?

Oh wait it's on TF2 now too :/

with solo you can play with 2'013921'30 addons! no annoying downloads!

also you seem familiar

Well, What file would it be if I did indeed have it?

Its all over now.

Archived