Why are so many server admins assholes?

Bakgrund

In so many situations... don't even know if i need to give examples but yeah just all the time, you can do shit that's not even against the rules and they become butthurt about it and in worst case permaban you...

Do they need to be assholes to assert themselves or what is it about?

Is being an asshole obligatory to become a server-admin?

Not saying all server admins are assholes but it's pretty darn near.

Why? And if you're a server admin and especially if you're an asshole, why?

Because in real life they are outcast so in there own world they feel like gods who can do what they want. 

As an Server Admin and Owner for 4+ years so far myself, I can confirm what most others said.

Being always nice mostly means that you barely play and administrate on that Server.

If you are actively trying to monitor the Server day after day, you see and have to deal with a lot of bullshit.

So after some time, you don't give a f* anymore.

You can still handle it in a nice way though?

Like most self appointed authority figures, you'll find people that want to have admin privileges are people that enjoy exerting their will over people.

You get a lot of dicks, when this happens, especially when there is virtually no vetting process for being an admin, on many servers, and most admins are just friends that know eachother or game together.

Luckily, it's just a game, and not real life, in this instance, that is impacted by these douchebags.

Some admins are great, and are there to ensure that people can "Just play." Whether that means staying in the background, or executing admin power over a disruptive individual. Though, I agree, admins are something worth just leaving a server for, if you're having a bad experience with one.

Luckily, there are a lot to choose from.

That's why I love skial :)

I have this problem all the time.

I was on TF2-T one day, and I was on red team. I was waiting by the door for someone to walk through. Someone did, I headshot them with full charge, but I was using the machina so COMPLETELY by change the bullet went through into Tiensto. 1 day ban, boom.

I've also been banned from one server for being 14. There are no rules against being young :s 

I agree.

I was perma band from this Australian unusual server before it even loaded because I had a trade group they did not like on my group list. I sent an appeal showing that I did even use the group and had no association with them. To this day they still have not gotten back to me about my appeal.. -_-

Alright so now when we know why so many of them are assholes, how come they are such cowards and never adress critisism or questions?

On every single other fucking commuinity except for servers, admins will always gladly adress critisism and questions, why the fuck are so many server-admins so special, burtthurt, and retarded about it most of the time?

On every single other fucking commuinity except for servers, admins will always gladly adress critisism and questions, why the fuck are so many server-admins so special, burtthurt, and retarded about it most of the time?

You should get sop a visit.

Archived