Am I the only one around here, that doesn't get butthurt, when people don't use "your" and "you're" correctly?

Zcrab

If you are typing a sentence and you don't know what to put, (your* or you're) just put you are in there and if it sounds right use you're. If it does not sound right use your. Try it.

Thanks professor.

It bothers me, sure, but I don't feel the need to go and correct them.

People who are insecure about their intelligence need to correct things like grammar in order to feel better about themselves.

saying "i could care less" literally just means that you care more than nothing. and it could be anywhere from caring a little to caring a lot. if you say, i could not care less, you don't care at all, which is the meaning of the phrase

Saying you could care less means that you could if you wanted to, but you're too lazy to not care?

without loking at the thread content can I correctly guess that this thread has devolved into a cesspool of people using crap english?

without loking at the thread content can I correctly guess that this thread has devolved into a cesspool of people using crap english?

No, tis tread i s wit peple usin korrekt enlish

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

It bothers me a lot because of the lack of grammar behind it, sadly nowadays teenagers/kids/young adults use "your" instead of "you're" or "you are" its very annoying to me for some unknown reason, I can't just stand and watch someone misuse those words.

t0115.gif

And Baloo, there is 1 comma that can be removed.

Actually, that title shouldn't even have any commas in it as it's all one continuous thought.

Archived