What do you guys hate about some MvM players?

Punishment_Fatal

Hello everyone. This is basically a thread where you say what you hate about MvM players. I'll start.

Medics that don't know how to use their shield.

Demos who upgrade their Grenade Launchers instead of Stickybomb Launchers and don't use their Grenade Launcher efficiently.

Demos who can't kill Uber Medics.

All classes who think they can 1-shot Uber Medics (Exceptions being Demo and Soldier late-game)

Scouts who upgrade their Scattergun first

Scouts that can't collect money and focus on enemies

Scouts that don't milk Super Scouts and then blame the team for not getting them

People who go Pyro on a map where some other class is more important

People who claim to be "awesome" Snipers but can't headshot

Engineers that put teleporters in wonky places

Snipers who suck at headshotting, people who think they are god-like and awesome and try to control the heck out of everyone, mic-spammers, people who kick you if you don't have any tours (happened to me as a nub, sob sob...).

Heavies who think they're invincible and walk right into all the explosions and bullets and then blame the medic for not healing them

medic's using anything other than kritzkrieg

Mildly disagree here. Once had a Med who was amazing with Vaccinator and beat Mannhattan's ass.

People who kick you every single game you try to play because you havent completed a tour yet

Hate people who judge by tours too. Everyone's gotta start somewhere, amirite?

Meta-focused players, when all they want is people following the meta to the letter.

Agreed very much. I've played with an very good Spy. No problems whatsoever.

That one kid who yells in his mic and votes to kick you for scamming after denying his trade request (True Story)

Lol armchair generals. Votekick them first.

Stubborn noob players and Medics. I hate playing MvM with Medics. Such a waste...

Medics? Useless? Lawlipops

The guys who wait for time to run out and never press f4

To be fair Macs don't have an f4, but otherwise that's just idiotic unless someone's finishing taking a piss or something.

I despise ragequitters. The ones that just leave after failing the wave once.

When I play a class I'm actually good at, and they either use chat or a kid yells at me over the mic, to tell me to go scout. Then I say I'm terrible at scout (which I am) and they threaten to kick me.

Stubborn noob players and Medics. I hate playing MvM with Medics. Such a waste...

Ive never played MvM, so I might be wrong, but arent medics like, REALLY important in a successful team?

Oh I also forgot the people that uses the COMPLETELY wrong weapons that doesn't benefit anyone.

"...hey guish don't worry I will be g8t use of this team with mah rocket jumper!" (Literally had someone thinking rj does damage)

Oh I also forgot the people that uses the COMPLETELY wrong weapons that doesn't benefit anyone.

"...hey guish don't worry I will be g8t use of this team with mah rocket jumper!" (Literally had someone thinking rj does damage)

I've met 2 friggin kids: one who upgraded the damage on the rocket jumper and another who "turned his pistol into a machinegunpistol" instead of dispenser range and building health.

Easy to tell what I did after having both on a team.

To be fair Macs don't have an f4, but otherwise that's just idiotic unless someone's finishing taking a piss or something.

Its fn+f4 on mac

People who use stock items and when you tell them to switch they say "I don't own it".

Kids screaming in voice chat.

Scouts that don't know how to collect money, and never jump.

Medics who don't get shield.

Medics who never ubercharge demo's sticky.

Engineers who don't upgrade disp range.

People who leave instant during the match.

Players who refuse to play anything but their main class and tell the other player 2 switch class.

That time when everyone got a free ToD ticket and every single server was full with first timers/F2P'ers.

Players who stand infront of you and check your unusual hat and doesn't play the mode and drool around it.

Players that doesn't know how to kill tanks.

Fapping players that can't press F4.

Engineers that start building stuff when the first wave is coming.

Last but not least....... Russians.

And I haven't even played that much MvM. :P

I think 90% of it boils down to 2 things:

Bad loadouts

Bad upgrades

Maybe it's just me, but I honestly don't think mvm is as much about skillset as it is mindset.  It's basically just a tower defense scenario.  If you get the right upgrades, use the right weapons, and more or less go through the right steps the whole team will benefit greatly.  You don't even have to be especially good at TF2, you just have to consider what is a good decision and what is a bad one.  There's a lot of conventions that we stick to that makes these choices easier, such as team composition standards and loadout choices.  Of course you can still win with a huge variety of classes, weapons, and upgrades, but you need to match your choices to how you intend to play and how your team intends to play.  As a final thought, I'll share a personal example.  In general, the kritzkreig is the medigun of choice because the team needs to deal lots of damage for tanks and giants.  In the first week of the Two Cities update, on my 1st tour, I played medic and mained the Vaccinator.  In particular, on Empire Escalation (wave 3 or 4, whichever one was the ungodly onslaught of crits before the nerf), the vaccinator server the team very well.  With shield upgrades the team was well protected, and the resistances warded off masses of damage while the passive crit resistance saved us many times.  The 4 separate charges were able to almost instantaneously revive teammates, to the point where I could bring the entire team back (except 1) within seconds.  It just goes to show that the most important thing is matching your strategy, weapons, and upgrades.  

Hate:

When someone is a control freak, flips out that the team sucks because they don't do what he says, and goes spectator so you can't votekick him. Don't be that douche.

I cannot begin to say how many control freaks there are.

Cannot tell you how many stupid engineers put their dispenser near them instead of near the heavy, and blame the game loss on the heavy not doing anything.

And last and foremost: Scouts who use Sandman instead of Fan o' War. I'll admit, Sandman is nice for a long-range mark. But do you really need that when you have 700 health from money collection?

Relievers:

People who give constructive advice, rather than just yelling at you.

Soldiers who use buff banner instead of gunboats.

People who will gladly take advice.

People who will gladly switch classes with reasoning.

Snipers if I know that they are indeed good shots (my minimum qualification is a >1000 kill sniper rifle).

And I'm totally fine with people upgrading grenade launchers, so long as they can hit pipes (like me).

Archived