Scripting (pyro airblast)

Kamasakis

Hi,

I was wondering, is it possible to script pyro airblast action?

While using secondary or melee weapon, upon pressing a key script would switch to primary weapon (degreaser) shoot airblast and switch back to previous weapon (secondary or melee). Is this possible?

I've been trying to find similar scripts, but with no luck.

I found pyro airblast script on internet. I made a little change to it.

Original script was to switch to primary weapon from secondary or melee and keep spamming airblast until action key is released.

I made a minor change now it switches back to previous weapon, when button released.

alias +blast "spec_prev; use tf_weapon_flamethrower; +attack2";
alias -blast "-attack2; lastinv";
bind mouse2 +blast; 

If you release action button too soon, before actual airblast, it will switch back to previous weapon. You need to keep action button pressed until flame thrower can airblast.

I think adding "wait" command could fix it. ill try this asap.

Another problem, if you use primary weapon and press "mouse2" (i binded script to it) to ariblast it will switch to previous weapon on release. I want to be able to quickly airblast and switch back to secondary/melee, but if i use primary weapon i want to airblast without weapon switch. Probably binding script to another key is easiest fix to this problem :D

I made a progress with this script. Now it switches from secondary/melee to primary weapon and uses airblast and switches to previous weapon upon pressing the action key (mouse 2).

alias +blast "spec_prev;use tf_weapon_flamethrower;+attack2;";
alias -blast "wait 40; -attack2; lastinv";
bind "mouse2" "+blast";

INFO: The faster you press the action key the higher "wait" command is needed. If you start spamming action key very very quickly, at some point it will skip the airblast.

Now im trying to make this script "unusable" on primary weapon. No luck so far...

Tried using: 

bind "mouse2" "slot1; -blast; +attack2"

But it brakes the original script.

Any ideas?

why does that wiki still exist

Valve stated they have no intention of ever buying it, so I'm wondering who is paying the hosting fees.

Archived