Heartbleed Bug halp (serious)

seenee

http://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/22i6ap/psa_steamdb_recommends_not_using_any_steam/ moar info

i dont get anything of this please help explain to me guise in simple sentence this is srs tho.

Should i change my pass even if im not currently logged in? I cant get on a computer till a month cause im on a trip so im on my phone right now. So even if im on my phone (i am logged in to a third-party steam app that lets u trade, the official steam app and steam website on my phone browser) should i change my pw. if so how can i do it on mobile? My other question is that am i affected quickly if i dont change ny pw in a couple days?

Im sorry i dont understand any of this crap

Steam is not affected by this atm for sure, idk about earlier today but not of now. If you have made purchases from some online stores in the past lets say 2 days you may want to be monitoring your accounts.

The first link says it's vulnerable but the second doesn't?

It was vulnerable two days ago, but now it seems safe again.

Yes, it's been around since late 2011 but went into widespread circulation since March 2012, I think. It's really not something to worry about with regards to Steam, if you can still log in it's unlikely your account has been hacked.

Basically the hack works by getting more data from the server's memory than it should, like a Freudian slip or something.

• Administrators

heartbleed_explanation.png

This is a pretty simple way to put it

And yeah it's been around for years and NSA probably knew the entire time

Archived