The Reason I Was Banned

«{L.o.S}» §ĦΛÐӨWṈΞÐ

Alright, i am new to this forum thingo, so if i put this in the wrong place, I appologise, also, I will be gone from tomorrow till the 21st or April. Alright, here we go.

I understand that I got banned for (apparently) not contributing to the suggestion. As of this moment, I just think its a device to shut me up so nobody can see and ask about about the issue that I have outlined. Also, it's a great way to make them think, "The Mod has won the argument, this guy just backed off like he should cos he is an idiot" because I cant reply and say otherwise.

Now in my point of view, I was banned unjustly. I made a statement that DOES relate to an issue with the suggestion and how this suggestion will make it worse. I DID NOT use vulgar language, harass people or spam. My statement and question was all legitamate and I did not want to use this forum to discuss it because the greater population of the users of this site doea not read it and the effect would not be there. Thats how to block a revolutionary clean and straight, just shut them up and ban them without any explaination.

I was warned, I know, about what I could have done wrong. However, it did not look like a letter specifically to me, it looked like a copy/paste notice for everyone in my situation. The difference is, from my observation, the other people do harass, use vulgar language, and don't contribute, but I took the effort to make sure i did contribute (in my own way) and not do something against the guidelines. And so, the warning does not show what i did wrong because everything that it states that is correct I did and vice versa for the things that were said to be wrong.

I would like to hear from a mod (specifically cleverpun if possible) abt this, I know I may not be high ranking, but I demand an audience. however, remember i will be away for some time, so don't expect a quick reply.

Posted · Hidden by cleverpun, April 9, 2014 - Insulting others
Hidden by cleverpun, April 9, 2014 - Insulting others

Way wrong area. And you were banned for a good reason.

What you did was just unnecessary spam. You were talking about how bp.tf is "manipulative" because children like you can't stand to see keys rise even though it's just refined losing its value.

Can you do us a favor and not be a whiny baby about currency rising? You aren't cute or funny. It's just dumb and makes you look dumb.

You were warned for off-topic discussion. Suggestions are for discussing proof, not speculating about the economy.

If you are concerned about exposure, there are plenty of places besides these forums or suggestions that would be happy to host your opinions. Such juggernauts as reddit, facebook, and SPUF often discuss these very topics, and I'm sure the masses would listen to you there.

I am not over reacting, i just want to know why. Also, yes, it is just one day, I don't care about the lenght of the period, all I wanted to know was why. The warning did not tell me anything about why, in its own way, it justified my action. In reply to me saying it is manipulative, I didn't say that, all I said is that, something needs to be done to slow its rise, to control it from getting out of hand. I agreed that it deserves a rise, but the speed of it is what is bothering me.

Also, in reply to buds, you cannot purchase them from the store and it is much too expenive fo many people to just buy and sell at increasing rates.

Bp.tf does have the power to bend the economy quite a bit, as it is used as a 'reliable reference'.

If you want to disagree with me feel free to reply, I did none of this out of anger, so saying I over reacted or assuming that I am pissed is uncalled for. The caps are for emphasis. Also, I would appreciate more constructive thoughts. than those that are just saying that the way I reacted was wrong, or the banning is nothing, that doesn't really matter to me.

I am not over reacting, i just want to know why. Also, yes, it is just one day, I don't care about the lenght of the period, all I wanted to know was why. The warning did not tell me anything about why, in its own way, it justified my action.

The comments is section is to discuss the proof provided and or adding on counterproof if you believe the suggestion is wrong. Not for having soap operas, use the forums for this.

Too many people think that their opinion is reality and should be treated as such, proof and links are worth more than someone basically asking people to trust them. Reality i that no one cares about about what you think unless you have proof to back yourself up.

You, like plenty of other people, share these beliefs, that backpack is the problem. When you voice them, you get banned, especially in a price suggestion. It would be like me walking around saying I was going to kill obama. Eventually, I would be arrested. Your comment didn't need to be posted, plenty of other people have made this point before and will again. Your post will never have been read by many people anyway. 

Is this not what you wanted? So that people will now view you as a "martyr" (lol)

You posted something completely unrelated to the suggestion, there are threads in the forums where you can post that stuff

Mods don't have time to give a reason to every idiot on a key suggestion, that's why you have to take the time to read the rules yourself

• Administrators

If backpack.tf priced keys at 2.33 ref and priced metal at 80 cents a pop then everyone would follow it and it wouldn't miraculously shoot up to the actual market value even though metal is worthless but I don't want to admit that, I just want to get rich quick from having an idle farm coupled with the fact that I'm also very desperate to buy keys which adds up to why metal is so worthless in the first place.

Plus I'm like 13 years old and have little to no grasp on how economies work, they just do and if I shout loud enough Apple will sell me an iPad for 50 cents because it's what the majority votes for that matters right lol?

No matter how hard I try I can't get into the heads of these people

Everyone upset over the rise of keys relative to metal has felt the need to make their thoughts on the situation known in every new key suggestion. The result has consistently been a chaotic mess of arguments that only serve to distract from the actual topic at hand of how key->metal trades are largely occuring and whether suggested range well suits those trades. Worse, it floods out the legitimate comments that warrant attention. Off topic comments are a warnable offense on all suggestions depending on how severely they're distracting from the suggestion. Due to the nature of key suggestions, they are most heavily enforced there. Your opinions are welcome here on the forums, all of the mods and most of the frequent suggesters use it. I'm afraid exceptions to the rule will not be made, whatever your reason for desiring to use suggestions over the forums.

I am not over reacting, i just want to know why. Also, yes, it is just one day, I don't care about the lenght of the period, all I wanted to know was why. The warning did not tell me anything about why, in its own way, it justified my action. In reply to me saying it is manipulative, I didn't say that, all I said is that, something needs to be done to slow its rise, to control it from getting out of hand. I agreed that it deserves a rise, but the speed of it is what is bothering me.

Also, in reply to buds, you cannot purchase them from the store and it is much too expenive fo many people to just buy and sell at increasing rates.

Bp.tf does have the power to bend the economy quite a bit, as it is used as a 'reliable reference'.

If you want to disagree with me feel free to reply, I did none of this out of anger, so saying I over reacted or assuming that I am pissed is uncalled for. The caps are for emphasis. Also, I would appreciate more constructive thoughts. than those that are just saying that the way I reacted was wrong, or the banning is nothing, that doesn't really matter to me.

Yes bp.tf has an effect on the market. No, buds are not so expensive that they can't rise as quickly. Theres no shortage of people who can buy buds and there are also TONS of people who buy/sell buds, but they don't rise indefinitely nor do they fall indefinitely. By your logic, backpack.tf should lead the market so that buds will always increase or always decrease. 

The reason why items increase in value is because people are willing to pay more--i.e. the item isn't at a market equilibrium, which if you took a basic economics course you would know that any item that is not at its equilibrium will continue to fluctuate until it reaches that point. 

Archived