Killstreak kits Prices

Teh Betmon

• Administrators

i understand, there are exactly 7 sheens and 7 killstreakers so the total probabilities of all the combinations will be 49,, but wait there are 56 unusual effects that exist, don't lose hope !

Well, can't argue with that. You have got a very good point here.  ;)

Plus:

Unique weps

Unique F. Weps

S. Weps

SF Weps

Collectors weps

And:

ALL the botkillers._.

That's why he said Kits  :P 

Thats why i made it for kits.

Good point, good suggestion, would help the community as well.

UP+

I'm in support of this one. Would offer a more accurate reading of backpack value, considering many people now have killstreak items. 

And yes, make the prices additive to already applied kits.

We could price them off the SCM until people make suggestions for different ranges.

• Administrators

Just to let it out there to all non-supporters and supporters.

Con :

Pricing this would be hard (suggesting) . Finding sales/buyers/unsolds and whatnot.

Just to let it out there to all non-supporters and supporters.

Con :

Pricing this would be hard (suggesting) . Finding sales/buyers/unsolds and whatnot.

Which is why we should price them off the SCM till suggestions for these come up.

• 4 weeks later...

From that point, how would you price the Killstreaked item itself? Additive perhaps?

I think i would add about 1/2 - 3/4 of the price of the kit itself, sort of like paints and Strange parts

I think i would add about 1/2 - 3/4 of the price of the kit itself, sort of like paints and Strange parts

For some weapons it is as low as 1/4 kit value added (unique stuff mostly) and for others it is closer to 90% so any general estimate will be horribly inaccurate. 

I suggest making group kits prices (after noticing that some kits sells for the same price), we can make groups for low,med and high tier kits, this or we can drag the kit prices from here http://backpack.tf/market and just add its value to the weapon.

Q: Why not the killstreak weapons or fabricators itself ?

A: Because kits are the origin and ready to use on any quality while the killstreak weapons will differ in price from a quality to another (considering kits are addons like paints) and fabricators are different in ingredients so it can't be used.

Q: Backpack.tf community has priced the strange hats instead of pricing the strangifiers which are ready to use, why don't we do the same ?

A: The strangifiers changes the quality while the kits adds to it, which leads to a bump in the weapon's price depending on the kit applied, and that is noticable in Steam community market.

for more information about kits : http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Killstreak_Kit

why bother link the price of the kits at the steam community market and use that as an add on to any quality there is like a bonus. also I dont mind there is not a price guide for killstreak kits but then again I trade before any pricechecking site come in existance so I am used to not taking advice by anyone for anything.but that will help new traders by a lot.

But anyone that can math doesn't need guidance for marketable items

For some weapons it is as low as 1/4 kit value added (unique stuff mostly) and for others it is closer to 90% so any general estimate will be horribly inaccurate. 

also this ^^ it makes a world of difference if it is a unique weapon a strange or a collectors

Archived