Where is the RAM in my PC + power savge?

NotPeng

PLEASE LOCK/CLOSE!

Am I blind or can I not find the RAM in my computer?
I'm not stupid, I've replaced RAM before but I can't see it... If you can spot it, I am officially blind as fuck :)

ANYWAYS.

A different problem I've been having lately...

I boot my computer, everything sounds fine, the fan runs and stuff but the screen stays blank, by blank I mean, I can't see anything, not the starting splash screen, not the BIOS thingy, nothing. It seems as if there is no signal being sent to the monitor, it stays in sleep mode 24/7 when connected to my PC. This is the second time I've had this problem, my first time I diagnosed it by resetting the CMOS (removing the silver battery thing) - a few months back but for some reason, that no longer works. I've tried millions of stuff, nothing is left for me to try. 

Things I've tried: 
Resetting CMOS 
Replacing Graphics Card 
Turning off PC/monitor (tried a million different things), it's not that, I'm 100% sure. 
Replacing RAM
Replacing Keyboard/mouse/speakers etc 
Replacing Screen/Cables 

Thanks for your help, all answers will be appreciated.
Update 1: Removing the VGA Cable gives me a message of "No Signal"
Update 2: The VGA slot is not dead because it gives me a blank screen even on a brand new graphics card."

WILL UPLOAD PHOTO IN A FEW HOURS.

A different problem I've been having lately...

I boot my computer, everything sounds fine, the fan runs and stuff but the screen stays blank, by blank I mean, I can't see anything, not the starting splash screen, not the BIOS thingy, nothing. It seems as if there is no signal being sent to the monitor, it stays in sleep mode 24/7 when connected to my PC. This is the second time I've had this problem, my first time I diagnosed it by resetting the CMOS (removing the silver battery thing) - a few months back but for some reason, that no longer works. I've tried millions of stuff, nothing is left for me to try. 

Things I've tried: 

Resetting CMOS 

Replacing Graphics Card 

Turning off PC/monitor (tried a million different things), it's not that, I'm 100% sure. 

Replacing RAM

Replacing Keyboard/mouse/speakers etc 

Replacing Screen/Cables 

Thanks for your help, all answers will be appreciated.

Update 1: Removing the VGA Cable gives me a message of "No Signal"
Update 2: The VGA slot is not dead because it gives me a blank screen even on a brand new graphics card."

Discharge the mobo.

Try a different psu. 

Try a different monitor. (Nvm, just noticed the 'no signal' message)

Try taking out the hard drive and/or swapping sata ports.

Could you upload and picture so we can help you spot it?

It's on the motherboard, u got 1-4.

gl

4IzxIEE.jpg

Their you go.

Just advice, old sticks don't mix with new sticks unless new sticks are same brand and timings and voltage etc.

Ram timings voltage are setup automaticly mostly, their are exceptions, i suggest resetting bios to default after installing new ram.

Could you upload and picture so we can help you spot it?

It's on the motherboard, u got 1-4.

gl

Mind my shitty PC.

http://i.imgur.com/GYF5gVJ.jpg

"Things I've tried: Replacing RAM" - Haven't actually done it, mistake.

I don't understand what is wrong because my computer was working perfectly fine, one day, I turned it off, came back in the next 2 hours and the problem had started. My screen wouldn't receive any signal and acts as if it is in Power Save mode, may even take a video soon.

Mind my shitty PC.

http://i.imgur.com/GYF5gVJ.jpg

"Things I've tried: Replacing RAM" - Haven't actually done it, mistake.

I don't understand what is wrong because my computer was working perfectly fine, one day, I turned it off, came back in the next 2 hours and the problem had started. My screen wouldn't receive any signal and acts as if it is in Power Save mode, may even take a video soon.

Have you tried discharging the mobo? (Unplug it and hold down the power button for a few seconds) 

Edit: 

And your ram is supposed to be in the vertical slots to the left of the fan. You currently don't have any ram. 

Have you tried discharging the mobo? (Unplug it and hold down the power button for a few seconds) 

Edit: 

And your ram is supposed to be in the vertical slots to the left of the fan. You currently don't have any ram. 

I have 4GB in built, I can't change that?

And how can I discharge the mobo? Unplug the main power or...?

I'm new but not new to this stuff.

I'm assuming the board is an Asus p5k3, which had a lot of boot issues iirc.

No, built in ram is solders to the board. Probably under that second heat sink.

I'm assuming the board is an Asus p5k3, which had a lot of boot issues iirc.

No, built in ram is solders to the board. Probably under that second heat sink.

The people who have solved the problem have done it by resetting the CMOS which won't work for me anymore...

:(

The people who have solved the problem have done it by resetting the CMOS which won't work for me anymore...

:(

I just looked into it and there are two other possibilities: 1) the CPU isn't seated properly. 2) multiple USB devices can mess things up (try booting with nothing connected)

I just looked into it and there are two other possibilities: 1) the CPU isn't seated properly. 2) multiple USB devices can mess things up (try booting with nothing connected)

1) How can I (re)seat the CPU?

2) I've tried multiple times with nothing connected. That won't work.

I think I may just get another motherboard if I can't get this one to work.

1) How can I (re)seat the CPU?

2) I've tried multiple times with nothing connected. That won't work.

I think I may just get another motherboard if I can't get this one to work.

Reseating the CPU involves removing the fan, un latching the CPU, removing it and then putting it back in the socket. In order to do this you'll need some thermal paste as you will have to clean off the CPU (remove the current paste) since you can't really reuse it.

What you're describing here is almost certainly a dead motherboard, I'm sorry for you.

A friend of mine had the exact same issue: pc starting, fan working, all peripherals working but the dispaly remains completely black (doesn't even reach boot screen).

I'm saying almost certainly because I can't freakin' see your RAM memoy in there at all :huh: so that might be a problem.

I had this problem a while back, the cause was the motherboard. Ended up replacing it.

What you're describing here is almost certainly a dead motherboard, I'm sorry for you.

A friend of mine had the exact same issue: pc starting, fan working, all peripherals working but the dispaly remains completely black (doesn't even reach boot screen).

I'm saying almost certainly because I can't freakin' see your RAM memoy in there at all :huh: so that might be a problem.

The RAM is hiding some where, that's why I asked where it is. I've got 4GB internal. Well fuck anyway, I've gotta get a new motherboard.

Reseating the CPU involves removing the fan, un latching the CPU, removing it and then putting it back in the socket. In order to do this you'll need some thermal paste as you will have to clean off the CPU (remove the current paste) since you can't really reuse it.

Defo going to try this before I buy a new motherboard. Thanks.

Archived