Burning KE scammed?

DiamondHavoc.

I've heard the Burning KE was scammed? How did it happen? Was it a quickswitch?

No it wasnt, apparently derpy unboxer got quick switched for other unsuuals he bought 

He also bought other unusuals with the 150 buds (paid highball b/os) he got from selling the KE...

EDIT: He really should just cash out before he loses everything he has...If you look at his steam profile every scammer is out to get him and he really doesnt seem very bright...

No it wasnt, derpy unboxer got quick switched for other unsuuals he bought.

He also bought other unusuals with the 100 buds (paid highball b/os) he got from selling the KE...

EDIT: He really should just cash out before he loses everything he has...If you look at his steam profile every scammer is out to get him and he really doesnt seem very bright...

That's what happens when a trader with a $26 backpack unbox a 300 Bud hat.

It seems unfair that people who know so much about trading can't unbox good hats, but then again, he has no knowledge and bought dumb hats for his buds

It seems unfair that people who know so much about trading can't unbox good hats, but then again, he has no knowledge and bought dumb hats for his buds

yeah.. i bet if theres a collectors TC/Veil set, some noob will get it and delete it so he can put a phlogostinator in his backpack 

To be very honest I dont feel sorry for him at all. By now he should at least know some trading 101 not to mention the large amount of people giving him good advice to ward of sharkers/scammers when he unboxed the KE. Feels like those awkward sad stories on the news talking about the death of a "nice/A+/well behaved teen"...who died from a drug overdose and being a complete idiot...

He sended him a trade offer for 35 pure forgot to close it, he told he did't want it anymore. Of Course dbd view seller accepted the offer.

I wonder how old gunterdash is, and bet he's spammed by trade offers, and randomly accepting everything.

I think it's up to him to decide what he spends his new run into wealth on. I'm sure the majority of experienced traders would feel comfortable paying more on hats than normal if they'd suddenly made 300 buds profit. It's a shame to hear that he accidently kept a trade offer open on the view finder, especially if he decided he didn't want it. He'll live and learn though, and we should be happy that he unboxed such a rare hat. ^-^

I think it's up to him to decide what he spends his new run into wealth on. I'm sure the majority of experienced traders would feel comfortable paying more on hats than normal if they'd suddenly made 300 buds profit. It's a shame to hear that he accidently kept a trade offer open on the view finder, especially if he decided he didn't want it. He'll live and learn though, and we should be happy that he unboxed such a rare hat. ^-^

He sold the KE for 100 buds... Then wasted the 100 buds on unusuals at overprice.

He'll live and learn though, and we should be happy that he unboxed such a rare hat. ^-^

he's being humbled by finding out what unusual trading is like, just like everyone else

I'm not happy he dwarfed my bp value 20 times over via pure luck, and I can guarantee 90% of traders feel the same

He sold the KE for 100 buds... Then wasted the 100 buds on unusuals at overprice.

It was 150 buds + 100 buds in unusuals +  irl money.

Edit: 50buds in irl money

Meh, he spent a few bucks on keys, got extremely lucky and now he's losing it all.   Let's remember that we're talking about a bunch of pixels here, this isn't a tragic story in the true sense, but more a reflection on how fucked up it actually is that an item in a video game can be worth thousands of dollars and it doesn't do anything else but look kinda cool.  First world problems.   

If we're talking about the guy that unboxed the most recent burning KE, then no. The last unboxer sold it for 150 buds pure, 53 buds cash and around 60 in unusuals. So a good 260 buds. 

If you're talking about the guy from around a year ago, then yeah I don't know much about that - I just assumed we were talking about the most recent unboxer.

I agree with the sentiments here. In fact most of would go on a stupid buying spree if we that much pure and hats. Spend a few bucks in keys. Get 200+ bud hat. Go to Disneyland and splurge. Most successful trader of all of us. Be thankful he splurged. That pure will work its way into the rest of the trading economy. Its a win for every one. If he had not unboxed it then that pure was just sitting around not being spent. This thing doesn't work if we are all miserly profiteers you know.

Archived