Remove/Change the Voting system

KingOfHeart

Most people on backpack.tf get really angry when a suggestion passes with a negative score.

If the votes don't matter then why have it? So here are a few suggestions that might make everyone happy.

1. Make the scores non-public, There will still be a reason to vote(for rep points) but no one will know if the a price is approved based on positive votes or negative votes. All they can go by is the proof posted.

2. Have more then a thumbs up/thumbs down..and put reasons.

"I agree with the suggestion", "I disagree because it's too low", "I disagree because it's too high", "I disagree because there's not enough proof" "I'm unsure"

You can also track what users are voting on fairness or because they just don't want a change and if they deserve the right to vote or not.

3. Give mods the ability to adjust the score..and add a note like. Score -300 + 301(ModName believes there's enough proof to accept this price)

It's really screwed up when users make pointless votes and then get mad when they see a score get approved with a negative score.

Most people on backpack.tf get really angry when a suggestion passes with a negative score.

If the votes don't matter then why have it? So here are a few suggestions that might make everyone happy.

1. Make the scores non-public, There will still be a reason to vote(for rep points) but no one will know if the a price is approved based on positive votes or negative votes. All they can go by is the proof posted.

2. Have more then a thumbs up/thumbs down..and put reasons.

"I agree with the suggestion", "I disagree because it's too low", "I disagree because it's too high", "I disagree because there's not enough proof" "I'm unsure"

You can also track what users are voting on fairness or because they just don't want a change and if they deserve the right to vote or not.

3. Give mods the ability to adjust the score..and add a note like. Score -300 + 301(ModName believes there's enough proof to accept this price)

It's really screwed up when users make pointless votes and then get mad when they see a score get approved with a negative score.

It just means look up the stuff before you vote. a bad price with bad proof suggestion on it will defs be accepted. No change is needed.

The voting system is in place because it rewards people who vote accuracely, and slightly punishes people who do not. Scores are kept hidden until after a suggestion has been decided upon, so that it won't influence the voting. However, many people get the wrong impression that suggestions are accepted or denied based solely on voting score. While they do influence the decision, proof from the comments and from the marketplace has much more weight. Also, having the mods be able to change the score isn't the best idea IMO, since people may accuse us of manipulation (even more so than we're accused already...)

I do like the idea of having a few upvote/downvote options, especially the "I disagree because there is insufficient proof" option. However, it would require some major changes in the voting system and how it functions.

1 and 3 would cause a shit storm (just sayin)

2 would be good...To a point, it would kinda suck to write a reason as to why you downvoted the suggestion
Genuine Buds

Suggested 10 buds 

remove the voting system and we get spreadsheet... do you want spreadsheet?!?!?! DO YOU!!! ;_;¬

There's a fairly large space between 'votes 100% decide the outcome' and 'votes don't matter at all'. Votes are a strong influencing matter in all decisions. Yes, even keys- it's why things have gotten extremely stringent in when a key suggestion has enough to pass. Compare the amount required to prove the suggestion compared against every single other item on the site. It's practically at the point where only buyer trades are acceptable proof. With ANY other item on the site, it'd be laughed into rejection as being too low.

As far as hiding or altering the score results, that goes against the most important feature of this site: transparency.

Archived