Overkill or justified?

Pyrocide

Killing of homeless guy  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Overkill or Justified?

• Overkill
    • Justified
    • Meh, either way one less homeless guy

Those rifles look like AR-15s from the killcam view.

The shotgun may have been but from the video's killcam, the AR looks like my Bushmaster.

Also, exit wounds are not always apparent or there could have not been any if using a talon-like ammo.

they could be modified ARs to fire rubber bullets. But i'm sure the weaponry used will come out shorty. 

Don't really see a reason why they killed him, then

They didn't have the intent to kill him. Even if they did, the dude pulled out a weapon. You don't pull out a fucking weapon to the cops.

they could be modified ARs to fire rubber bullets. But i'm sure the weaponry used will come out shorty. 

Could be. Im not knocking the theory, just from my point of view the way he is laying it isnt apparent whether it was rubber bullets or live ammo.

Also, keep in mind, most high end mics nowadays on cams have the ability to act like a noise suppression similar to higher end ear plugs that allow certain db ranges to passthrough but higher ranges like gunshots or loud machinery to be suppressed.

When he was flashbanged, he took out his knife and as you can see he was in a stance. You'll never know when that flashbang runs out, that he'll just jump to to closes officer and kill the guy, even when he was shot he can still go. Better be safe than sorry and like I said the police didn't "intentionally" kill the guy. His head was hit with a rock when he fell.

1. Im pretty sure police officers/the army are trained to disarm people with knives and/or guns

2. I think, THINK the police officers could have thought about the extremely small(big) rock next to the homeless dood before shooting him

Could be. Im not knocking the theory, just from my point of view the way he is laying it isnt apparent whether it was rubber bullets or live ammo.

Also, keep in mind, most high end mics nowadays on cams have the ability to act like a noise suppression similar to higher end ear plugs that allow certain db ranges to passthrough but higher ranges like gunshots or loud machinery to be suppressed.

Dead a day "later". That's enough proof that he was shot by rubber bullets, 6 rounds could of easily killed the guy anyways.

Jesus, you guys are SO IGNORANT about how law enforcement works. You pull a weapon, YOU GET DROPPED. It's as simple as that, and it dosent matter if you're homeless or not.

Jesus, you guys are SO IGNORANT about how law enforcement works. You pull a weapon, YOU GET DROPPED. It's as simple as that, and it dosent matter if you're homeless or not.

lol Please enlighten us on why Kelly Thomas was beaten to death then? That isn't "law enforcement" its abuse of power cowering behind a shield (multiple shields in fact that seemingly makes things just disappear with paid leave) and a gun.

FYI, not all laws require executions. Read up some more on modern laws then post.

Just guessing here, but I'm going to assume a relative or someone close is a cop of some sort? The way you blatantly defend the shield is laughable, cops are not above the laws, however with today's absolute shit justice system ordinary citizens cant stand up to them without being killed or beaten into a brain hemorrhage.

Also, he pulled knives AFTER being hit with a flash bang while he was turning to leave. Antagonization by cops to give them the right to kill whomever they want and call it justified. Who's gonna stand up for a homeless guy no one knew that lived in the desert it looked like.

You're the ignorant one

This seems very unnecessary to me. The guy was already leaving, what's the reason to throw a flash bang at him? Afterward, he pulled out a knife from a distance too far to accurately throw. It's a fucking natural reaction to pull out a weapon or atleast reach for one if you're scared or in danger. As soon as he reacted, they emptied 6 clips into him and sent a dog after him as well. Ok, he has a criminal history. That doesn't mean you should treat him as if he's pulling out a rifle from that far away, he's pulling out a KNIFE compared to 3 ARs and a shotgun. These law enforcers should be fired and/or tried for this unnecessary killing.

This seems very unnecessary to me. The guy was already leaving, what's the reason to throw a flash bang at him? Afterward, he pulled out a knife from a distance too far to accurately throw. It's a fucking natural reaction to pull out a weapon or atleast reach for one if you're scared or in danger. As soon as he reacted, they emptied 6 clips into him and sent a dog after him as well. Ok, he has a criminal history. That doesn't mean you should treat him as if he's pulling out a rifle from that far away, he's pulling out a KNIFE compared to 3 ARs and a shotgun. These law enforcers should be fired and/or tried for this unnecessary killing.

He pulled out a knife and swung at the dog which they sent to take him down. You do not ever fucking pull out a weapon of any kind to any type of law enforcement, you're just asking to get shot. It does not matter if he was homeless, or if it was just a knife. He pulled a weapon and they have full right to do what they had to do in order to bring him into custody.

He pulled out a knife and swung at the dog which they sent to take him down. You do not ever fucking pull out a weapon of any kind to any type of law enforcement, you're just asking to get shot. It does not matter if he was homeless, or if it was just a knife. He pulled a weapon and they have full right to do what they had to do in order to bring him into custody.

You got a point :P

That guy was shot with a .38 revolver that doesn't even much power to put a man down even in point blank range. The guy was lucky that it didn't hit vital parts of the neck or the brain. If the police did use real ammo. They must of used .223 Remington's or 5.56x45mm NATO, which can easily kill the guy with those bullets even if it's a distance away and if they were using a real shotgun on the last part

it would have a 12 gauge and that should of killed him instantly with those 3 shots.

Those are most definitely rubber bullets, and the flashbang is most definitely not lethal, so that would explain why they would use something like that. Although flashbangs that would be used in combat are much more powerful. Regardless, these are the cops guys not al-queada, they never would have gotten away with shooting a homeless man for trespassing, they were just subduing him. Why be so cautious of a guy with a knife if hes been shot 4 times with an AR?

Edit: Not to mention, the guns are colored yellow like that to indicate they are not live rounds.

If they were live rounds, then no question, it was unnecessary.

If they were non-lethal, then no, it is justified. But then everyone is going to watch that video and instantly associate this with call of duty or real military warfare with live explosives.

End was overkill, intentions were not. They didn't mean to kill him. They gave him SO MANY chances to put the knives away, but he refused. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Is it me or did they go lethal then non lethal?

Nope, I am with you there.  :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived