Downgrading to Windows 7

A Cyan Stone in Mustard

So I need a new computer, and I've found the perfect one but it's Windows 8. My friend said you can't downgrade unless it's Windows 8 Pro, which luckily it is. I still haven't gotten it, but can somebody explain how please?

I also used my phone so I don't hurt my computer's feelings.

Just stick with win 8 

Its faster then win 7 and better. 

The only downside it takes a sec to get to desktop view. 

Just stick with win 8 

Its faster then win 7 and better. 

The only downside it takes a sec to get to desktop view. 

The thing is I really like Windows 7, Windows 8 just doesn't seem like something I want to use.

Plus Windows 8 uses the shitty new logo, so ew.

I also don't want to have that whole app page thing, so I'm just gonna stick to Windows 7.

I don't know why people hate win 8 so much, it's not that bad honestly, just get used to it

Some people dont like being forced to use a shitty UI (ie. metro)

people just butthurt

Can I ask how you discovered your fascination of butthurt? Seems like everyone that disagrees with your opinion, you call butthurt somehow thinking you are actually contributing to the conversation.

Judging by the brony room, the butthurt comments and the increasingly apparent naivety (troll-esque) of your posts, I'm gonna assume you only grew up with Windows 7 and never had to opportunity to use DOS, 95, 98 and so forth for anything other than fiddle farting -if at all- where the start menu became a key feature to productivity. All modern GUI based operating systems have a sort of "start menu", micro$hit's (Ballmer's?) decision to pull it, in lieu of a tablet OS for a desktop, was an awful mistake in the enterprise world. Desktop users didn't care for it much but most (older generation for example) just accepted it. Windows 8 was the equivalent of Vista launching, so many problems, bugs, etc and now with most OEM computers rarely giving Windows 7 as an OS option now, a lot of people are unhappy with it being forced to use Win8 or spending the unnecessary time needed to reinstall Win7 if that is even possible with the drivers availability being hit or miss.

I disliked Windows 8 at first but now I like it better than 7. It will grow on you in time.

I think of it more as a weed then a plant. I'm not one of those people where like "OLD IZ ALWAYS BESY HEURHRURHRUHEUEHEUEEHEUHRHEHEHRHH" but when it comes to like Windows 8, I'd probably never want to use it. Seriously,

I love Windows 7 too much. When Windows 10 comes out, probably, but Windows 8 is just Vista 2.0 to me.

I think of it more as a weed then a plant. I'm not one of those people where like "OLD IZ ALWAYS BESY HEURHRURHRUHEUEHEUEEHEUHRHEHEHRHH" but when it comes to like Windows 8, I'd probably never want to use it. Seriously,

I love Windows 7 too much. When Windows 10 comes out, probably, but Windows 8 is just Vista 2.0 to me.

I agree. Please change the thread title to "Upgrading to Windows 7"

It's not a downgrade...

How is it in any way shit?

Every way.

1. All blue, the four colors is so much better

2. It's slanted and flat (Try-hard Microsoft)

3. It's completely changes the windows logo

Archived