Banned from Outpost. Need advice regarding the appeal

Get Layd

So I just found out today that I have been banned from outpost for forever. Reason: "Brokering for SR tagged user". I was aware that the item I was brokering was owned by someone who was tagged as a scammer by steam reap? Yes I was. His steam name is DatSpaniardGuy! #SpyCrab and I was helping him sell his disco beatdown samur-eye. Why did I do it anyway? Because I felt that the guy had truly changed his ways. About a month ago I took out a loan from him for my dream unusual (reggaelator with circling peace sign). He went and bought it for me and held onto it until I paid the loan off. I even gave him partial payments in advance when I felt like my bp was getting a little full and I still got the unusual when I paid off the loan. On top of that I let him borrow my vintage specialized killstreak kritzkrieg for MVM missions and he always gave it back within a 24 hour period. That being said I feel like the admin who gave me the ban (Shadow [18+]) didn't check the history of the unusual and ask the previous owner and DatSpaniardGuy! #SpyCrab how the unusual came into DatSpaniardGuy's possession before giving me the ban. I admit that I should have done the same before brokering the item on outpost. I also admit that I did not think about the possibility of being banned as an outcome of brokering said unusual. (you may now pelt me with sandviches and call me a dumbass). I was also not added and contacted through steam by the admin that gave me the ban. So my question is what I should I do now? I want to appeal but I feel like that my chances of getting unbanned are next to 0. If it turns out that unusual was scammed (I doubt that) then fine I deserve the ban for my ignorance and not tin. Otherwise I feel like the ban was given out by a ban happy admin. Any advice is welcome.

there's no advice, you did several stupid things and now what you should have realised would happen to you has happened to you. do your best to trade on other sites, if that's your plan.

A scammer is a scammer is a scammer. Your ban is fully deserved and won't be lifted.

That is not always true. That's like saying that people don't change which is not true. 

Read my reason for ban. I bought a renamed hat for cheap and was trying to sell it after for more. :D

What was your reason?

So my question is what I should I do now? I want to appeal but I feel like that my chances of getting unbanned are next to 0.

I wouldn't say that. Sounds to me there was a lot of naivety on your part and that might actually be to your benefit in this. Fess up to it in your appeal, and make it clear that you won't be putting yourself at risk for a marked friend like that in the future and you should have a decent shot at getting your appeal accepted. At least it's worth a try.

That is not always true. That's like saying that people don't change which is not true. 

So what do you want, give every scammer a 2nd chance? I'm pretty sure enough would steal again, it's impossible to prove that someone is trustworthy.

And no one can give you advice on your appeal because it will be rejected no matter what you write in it.

I wouldn't say that. Sounds to me there was a lot of naivety on your part and that might actually be to your benefit in this. Fess up to it in your appeal, and make it clear that you won't be putting yourself at risk for a marked friend like that in the future and you should have a decent shot at getting your appeal accepted. At least it's worth a try.

Thank you for being helpful unlike these other people.

And I was hoping to get some helpful advice out of this post. Not a bunch of people calling me a dumbass.

we're calling you a dumbass because you were, well, being a dumbass. Let me make an example.

Say I came from a religion that human sacrifice was permitted. I may feel it's perfectly normal and nothing is wrong with it, but the rest of society thinks it's atrocious. That's your situation right now. You looked at him as a friend, not as a scammer which the rest of the community knows. You use human sacrifice as a religious act, not a crime.

we're calling you a dumbass because you were, well, being a dumbass. Let me make an example.

Say I came from a religion that human sacrifice was permitted. I may feel it's perfectly normal and nothing is wrong with it, but the rest of society thinks it's atrocious. That's your situation right now. You looked at him as a friend, not as a scammer which the rest of the community knows. You use human sacrifice as a religious act, not a crime.

Oh this is just wonderful. I guess this is what I get for being the nice guy in a closed minded community.

Anyways, how much time do I have to appeal?

Oh this is just wonderful. I guess this is what I get for being the nice guy in a closed minded community.

Don't ever try to be nice. This is serious life advice. But no, your ban was fully warranted. It's clearly stated in the rules not to do so, you did it anyways with full knowledge.

"If you must break the law, do it to seize power. In all other cases, obey it"

- Julius Caesar

Anyways, how much time do I have to appeal?

Editing/multiquoting please. Anyways, infinite. You can appeal a 10 year old ban (I know it doesn't exist for 10 years, but you get my point) if you want to

A scammer is a scammer is a scammer. Your ban is fully deserved and won't be lifted.

Just because a good person does a bad thing, doesn't make them a bad person. 

You are part of the community, this was your thread, am i wrong?

yes.... (bangs head on desk repeatedly at my inability to think about things before I say them)

and by yes I mean that yes I am a part of this community.

Oh and another question. If I ask someone to broker stuff for me will they end up in the same situation that I am in?

Archived