Alex from security never got unusuals back!

Mr Prince

Because the method he got hijacked with is so new valve barely knowns what happends asumes he got scammed......

This is bassicly very lame we all known he got hacked, and valve keeps closing down tickets bla bla was explained in previous ticket......

This has to stop...........

More people probably gonna be hijacked this way and never get their stuff back........

So plz respond here http://steamcommunity.com/app/440/discussions/0/558751179412648995/ and keep thread alive......

Some people get like 5 phishing adds a day, so we all known how valve is neglecting this problem right now.....

This injustice has to be fixed........

Its not new, and valve might very well know he was hijacked, but as theres no way to prove it, and the fact that computer security is your own responsibility, they're is nothing they can do. 

Also, there is no way to prevent phishers short of limiting the number of accounts you can make--which would be a huge oversight on valves part. 

Its not new, and valve might very well know he was hijacked, but as theres no way to prove it, and the fact that computer security is your own responsibility, they're is nothing they can do. 

Also, there is no way to prevent phishers short of limiting the number of accounts you can make--which would be a huge oversight on valves part. 

They can make it harder, like make add friend only after you spend 50 dollars on steam.

They can make it harder, like make add friend only after you spend 50 dollars on steam.

Because thats not a huge problem.....

What about people who are given games as gifts or people who just want to play TF2 or Dota2 

Gave people some background for the current situation so they have a better picture. By the way, the major amount of grammatical errors in your post make it seem like it's a non-serious/troll post (no offense). If you want, I'll proofread it for you and fix it up.

Easiest method would be to introduce authenticators like what blizzard uses as it's a bit harder for phishers to access your cell phone or keyring.

Easiest method would be to introduce authenticators like what blizzard uses as it's a bit harder for phishers to access your cell phone or keyring.

Or require you to enter a special code in order to trade (i.e. a second password)--an option, not mandatory. 

Plz just keep that thread alive if possible btw, or valve won't ever read it.

I'm pretty sure valve reads those forums.

Phishing link don't click!

Nah that link is fine, but a rule everyone should use is if some one add you and gives link its always phishing.

Valve simply doesnt care, to properly fix phishers would mean 

1) blocking urls in chat or warning if it isnt legit <----most obvious solution and isnt hard ti implement as many many other sites already have this

2) limit the accounts using some form of ID (never going to happen)

If they implemented my first point it that would be great but they dont care, people still be playing and trading. It's a bit of a grey area when it comes to someone hacking into your computer tho, not hard for you to go to just trade someone and claim you were hacked so valve takes the "your computer your responsibility" stance on those as it's almost impossible to prove. 

they can block miss spelled links to.........

Like have plugin inside steam chat with database of correct links, misspelled links being automatically blocked.

Valve simply doesnt care, to properly fix phishers would mean 

1) blocking urls in chat or warning if it isnt legit <----most obvious solution and isnt hard ti implement as many many other sites already have this

2) limit the accounts using some form of ID (never going to happen)

If they implemented my first point it that would be great but they dont care, people still be playing and trading. It's a bit of a grey area when it comes to someone hacking into your computer tho, not hard for you to go to just trade someone and claim you were hacked so valve takes the "your computer your responsibility" stance on those as it's almost impossible to prove. 

they already do 1. phishing links don't open in a steam browser.

they can block miss spelled links to.........

Like have plugin inside steam chat with database of correct links, misspelled links being automatically blocked.

As i said most obvious solution and a lot of trading websites already do this. Steam just doesnt care. People still trade and play so why bother?

The botting problem in scm isnt even fixed, there was a guy that made thousands who got banned literally told them how to fix the botting issue and nothing was done. Many bugs in games where the community literally sent them the fix still took ages to fix. The invisible players and medic beam fix was sent to steam around a year ago. They sure too their time to fix it...

they already do 1. phishing links don't open in a steam browser.

A majority of phishing happens outside the steam browser tho...doesnt exactly stop the problem at all

G2tkZkx.jpg

Although i agree about dupes ruining market, doing nothing is wrong.

It's not Valve's fault at all If the user falls for a phisher. There's noone to blame. Valve already was really kind 3 months ago, I know three friends who got their items back. Also, they are trying to stop phishing as much as they can, but more and more comes along.

I'm not sure if this can or will be resolved. Alas, it went through his computer so it's hard to prove it wasn't him.

There's no way for them to distinguish between someone doing this on purpose and someone being hacked.

Thing is valve still saying he was scammed, not hijacked, valve is the one at fault here for not taking him serious at all, even though their plenty proof of him being hijacked.

The least they can do is investigate the case properly, and respond back properly.

Thing is valve still saying he was scammed, not hijacked, valve is the one at fault here for not taking him serious at all, even though their plenty proof of him being hijacked.

The least they can do is investigate the case properly, and respond back properly.

The problem is that there is nothing they can do. Hell, I'm amazed they still restore items when you get phished--whos to say you didn't just give your friend your account info and have them take your items. 

let's try and look on the bright side of things. I  know it sucks that alex got hijacked, and he lost his unusuals but when that happened he made a few topics on it and loads of people saw it. Now them loads of people know not to download a .Rar link that someone gives to you, alex might of lost over $1000 worth of stuff but he's probably saved over $1500 of other users who might of fell for this scam. 

Archived