Unique Weapons with names pricing and advertising

big dick

I want to buy unique weapons that have been named by other users. I'm struggling to find anything on any website about how it would be priced or even how I would set up such a trade. I USED to use tf2outpost, but that seems far and gone nowadays. I also want to reach as many "newer players" as possible (I want the most authentic named items), basically, I'm asking where I would be seen the most with such a weird trade.

Any ideas to any of the questions posed? 

Probably trade servers or casual tbh. Could also sift through scrap everyday.

I was hoping for something I could set and forget. When you say sift through scrap, do you mean scrap.tf bots?

Don't bother trying to do it on the backpack classifieds, staff will suspend your account for "queue cutting" - learned this the hard way when trying to buy conscientious objectors with wholesome decals already applied.

There is also no way to facilitate trades such as paint swapping (my white painted hat for your pink painted hat) for example.

Yes you could use forums/discord/reddit, and yes you can waste time hopping trade servers to advertise specialty trades such as this, but you're still never going to get an actual trade that way. These are just some of the reasons I miss old school p2p trade sites like tf2outpost.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bukz said:

Don't bother trying to do it on the backpack classifieds, staff will suspend your account for "queue cutting"

and yet listing buy orders for spelled variants of items at terrible prices, but enough to leapfrog unspelled buy orders, then saying "also buying unspelled, will beat other buy orders!", isn't queue cutting. What a joke of a rule.

You should never pay more than the price of a nametag, so that's the upper limit of what you should pay. 

29 minutes ago, Littlepudintater said:

image.png.7cb2751e1a27db3361590600fe31937d.png type shit?

shit

30 minutes ago, Littlepudintater said:

what that shit mean in english 

油炸生煎包 translates to pan fried dumpling 

And uh

Screenshot_2024-05-05-16-03-50-108_com.google.android.apps.translate.png

1 hour ago, big dick said:

exactly. love stuff in random languages too

steamwebhelper_1VQeQZ4ogj.png

mfw “random language” is the second most popular language in the world…. 

come on man…. During AAPI History month? Be better. smh.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ajdislikesyournamingpolicy said:

油炸生煎包 translates to pan fried dumpling 

And uh

Screenshot_2024-05-05-16-03-50-108_com.google.android.apps.translate.png

knew i could count on you little one....

3 hours ago, Gaia said:

mfw “random language” is the second most popular language in the world…. 

come on man…. During AAPI History month? Be better. smh.

there are only two languages in the world: english and random languages. im afraid its in the second category

20 minutes ago, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee said:

there are only two languages in the world: english and random languages. im afraid its in the second category

English american sits in random languages too don't you forget it!

I found some in the scrap bots on stntrading.eu as well. More luck there than scrap.tf... I'm not even sure if the names show up on scrap.tf scrap bots? Can anyone confirm? I looked through all the bots yesterday and didn't see any with names.

22 hours ago, Slam said:

and yet listing buy orders for spelled variants of items at terrible prices, but enough to leapfrog unspelled buy orders, then saying "also buying unspelled, will beat other buy orders!", isn't queue cutting. What a joke of a rule.

Definitely some bs

untitled.PNG

On 5/5/2024 at 9:12 AM, Slam said:

and yet listing buy orders for spelled variants of items at terrible prices

On 5/6/2024 at 7:34 AM, Bukz said:

Definitely some bs

It's not queue cutting because the listing specifies that they are buying spelled variants in the formatting of the item itself. There is no option to select "named only variants" within the structure of the listing process, and it is therefor line/queue cutting. The rule is 100% consistent and absolutely makes sense with the features currently present on backpack.

Screenshot2024-05-07at2_49_05PM.thumb.png.a68749faeddaafdd3fa1e5380dbff4cb.png

1 hour ago, Bambi said:

It's not queue cutting because the listing specifies that they are buying spelled variants in the formatting of the item itself. There is no option to select "named only variants" within the structure of the listing process, and it is therefor line/queue cutting. The rule is 100% consistent and absolutely makes sense with the features currently present on backpack.

Screenshot2024-05-07at2_49_05PM.thumb.png.a68749faeddaafdd3fa1e5380dbff4cb.png

wild spelled trader spotted

*marks off in little book*

So there's no way to leave a trade up for a buy offer of uniquely named uniques in today's trading sphere, just so we're clear? If so, that's lame and someone should create a tf2outpost or sorts!

Hilarious but out of my price range. STNtrading.eu seems to be where the gold is...

brave_7iatU0483Z.png

7 hours ago, big dick said:

So there's no way to leave a trade up for a buy offer of uniquely named uniques in today's trading sphere, just so we're clear? If so, that's lame and someone should create a tf2outpost or sorts!

somewhat forgotten but posts.tf is what you want

1 minute ago, big dick said:

Hilarious but out of my price range. STNtrading.eu seems to be where the gold is...

brave_7iatU0483Z.png

hey, i can buy this item for you with a bit of overpay

22 hours ago, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee said:

hey, i can buy this item for you with a bit of overpay

Why would I overpay you if I can just buy it myself? 😅

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I'm having some sort of internal error trying to make the trade post but I appreciate this answer. Thank you so much! I'll try it tomorrow...