Tips for bulking irl (for a friend)

Macioeus

Hello, tf2 world!

My friend is 18 years old, and he weighs 52kg. He wants to get big and do you guys have any tips on how to do it?

Regards,

Russell (Not actually Russell (Macioeus))

(For mods: This is partly a joke so please don't give me another warning point for no reason... I want an answer to that question but the Russell part is a satire of: "Russell's daily post™️)

3 minutes ago, Flaim said:

eat lots of food

He says that it simply didn't work for him

4 minutes ago, Macioeus said:

He says that it simply didn't work for him

he clearly didn't try hard enough, more caloric dense foods

Just now, Kolt said:

he clearly didn't try hard enough, more caloric dense foods

Do you have anything specific in mind? He has a bad appetite and cannot eat much at once.

buy soviet strongarm or russian arms race taunt and spam it on every server you touch for the next month

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Astonished 1

23 minutes ago, Macioeus said:

Do you have anything specific in mind? He has a bad appetite and cannot eat much at once.

give up then. bulking is not hard. eat more or give up
I used to be one of those "I am already eating so much!!!" mfs, and then I figured out I wasn't eating a lot, just like 2000 calories of garbage snacks 

Calorie dense foods + progressive overload in the gym so he doesn't only get fat. Skinny people usually overestimate how much they eat by alot and fat people tend to underestimate how much they eat by alot.

peanut butter protein shakes will fill a lanky void in there somewhere

1 hour ago, Macioeus said:

Hello, tf2 world!

My friend is 18 years old, and he weighs 52kg. He wants to get big and do you guys have any tips on how to do it?

Regards,

Russell (Not actually Russell (Macioeus))

(For mods: This is partly a joke so please don't give me another warning point for no reason... I want an answer to that question but the Russell part is a satire of: "Russell's daily post™️)

I report you now smh

Eat a lot of protein, drink some protein powder, and go to the gym.

just become trader ape and you’ll magically bulk insane amounts

33 minutes ago, Snizzle said:

Eat more bananas 🍌 

wow dude

• Haha 2

I’ve gone from 150 pounds to 230 pounds. If he says he eats a lot of food, he is simply wrong. If you want to put on weight, you need to eat high calorie, protein rich food. You also have to supplement this with weight training if you don’t want to get fat. I’m happy to answer more in depth questions if needed, but the age old “I eat so much food and can’t gain weight” is simply not how it works. 

Like I mentioned in a recent post, Pinto Beans will be the new "keys" prepare yourselves.........BUY BEANS NOW.  I'll gladly buy your keys for 50 beans each.  Limited time offer.

Also beans rhyme with protein, so bulk up bruh.

First calculate your (TDEE)  Total daily energy expenditure- calories you need to maintain your weight. here https://tdeecalculator.net/

To gain or loose weight at a healthy pace is to go as slow as possible- eat 500 calories per day more than your TDEE to gain 0.5 kg per week. but i know people who do 1kg per week (1000kcal per day deficit).

This is more clearer than "eat more" 

however it also matters what you are eating- you could eat burger king everyday to gain weight but i assume he wants to bulk up for muscle.

there are two ways of doing this - dirty and clean bulk. as the name suggests dirty bulk is you eat whatever you want but over caloric surplus. In clean bulk you would need to watch what you eat and mostly eat protein. The caveat is that you would feel more satiated. 

Work out still to make sure the protein you are eating is converted to muscle. Your body won't take in the nutrients it doesnt need so working out is essential to put on muscle. 

count your calories, might think you are eating alot but you are not, eat more than what you burn +workout and thats it, i suggest a lean bulk but if all fails he can do a dirty bulk as its easy then cut later

2 hours ago, G R O W U P said:

First calculate your (TDEE)  Total daily energy expenditure- calories you need to maintain your weight. here https://tdeecalculator.net/

To gain or loose weight at a healthy pace is to go as slow as possible- eat 500 calories per day more than your TDEE to gain 0.5 kg per week. but i know people who do 1kg per week (1000kcal per day deficit).

This is more clearer than "eat more" 

however it also matters what you are eating- you could eat burger king everyday to gain weight but i assume he wants to bulk up for muscle.

there are two ways of doing this - dirty and clean bulk. as the name suggests dirty bulk is you eat whatever you want but over caloric surplus. In clean bulk you would need to watch what you eat and mostly eat protein. The caveat is that you would feel more satiated. 

Work out still to make sure the protein you are eating is converted to muscle. Your body won't take in the nutrients it doesnt need so working out is essential to put on muscle. 

Now that is what he was looking for, a good response, Thanks mate!

I will update yall in some time. Btw he said that I should post it here as a joke (cuz tf2 community is well...)  and you guys gave valid + helpful tips and he is very grateful for that. 

• Love 1

50 minutes ago, Macioeus said:

I will update yall in some time. Btw he said that I should post it here as a joke (cuz tf2 community is well...)  and you guys gave valid + helpful tips and he is very grateful for that. 

Yes most of the comments were legitimate comments. I'm quite grateful for this discussion as well 

Move more to get appetite. Then eat a lot. Also, I started gaining weight when I hit 20. Don’t be hard on yourself and keep eating more.

i sell protein powder fermented in chernobyl. selling 500 grams for 4.5 keys (not accepting crypto however i may accept secondhand junk depending on what it is)

finally russell outing himself on his alt accounts.  its only a matter of time until people realize that half of all posts on here are from him just on different accounts.