[FIXED] Trade offers page broken

ape

I hope this is a temporary issue/there is an easy fix, but for some reason, anytime I click on the "Trade Offers" button in my inventory page, it just shows up as a black screen and nothing else (Shown provided below). This also occurs on any platform, PC and mobile. I even tried changing browsers too. I want to also ask if this happens to anyone else or just me.
Thanks in advance!

Screenshot_31.png

Edited by ape
Issue resolved

some times the steam program glitches out, its best to close steam completely and re-open it and it should fix it

if not then just send trades through your browser  

i restarted steam, and it still doesnt work
the browser version also doesnt work at all, despite me clearing all the cache and cookies also

I’ve had this issue for months now. Afaik there is no fix. Every few hrs I’m allowed to view my trade offers page once, before being blocked again. I asked steam about it and they said it was just an API issue, but there’s clearly something else happening. Maybe you’ll be lucky and have it resolved soon, I know others have had this happen a few times only before it fixed itself.

37 minutes ago, Icycrevasse said:

I’ve had this issue for months now. Afaik there is no fix. Every few hrs I’m allowed to view my trade offers page once, before being blocked again. I asked steam about it and they said it was just an API issue, but there’s clearly something else happening. Maybe you’ll be lucky and have it resolved soon, I know others have had this happen a few times only before it fixed itself.

Update: It has automatically been fixed! I have no clue how but all i did was shutdown all the devices with steam logged into them, waited a bit, and it worked. I also noticed this occurs when big trades are sent (in my case, 400+ items)

• ape changed the title to [FIXED] Trade offers page broken
9 minutes ago, ape said:

Update: It has automatically been fixed! I have no clue how but all i did was shutdown all the devices with steam logged into them, waited a bit, and it worked. I also noticed this occurs when big trades are sent (in my case, 400+ items)

Nice you got it fix 

Oh you know what, you might have gotten a weird form of the timeouts steam does when you send too many requests. I sometimes see that on Steam Community Marketplace telling me I've made too many requests and timing me out for a couple hours. Usually swapping IPs fixes it. Maybe you had some form of this by spamming refresh too many times?

If you get rate limited by steam they often just show you a blank page instead of any actual useful information. This is probably what is/was happening. As lilpud mentioned, if you were to switch ip's (such as using mobile data on a phone) it will un-limit you (although some things are account limited iirc e.g. inventoryhistory).

4 hours ago, Icycrevasse said:

Every few hrs I’m allowed to view my trade offers page once, before being blocked again.

Have you tried not checking for a full day to see if your limits get fully refreshed?

6 hours ago, FP jh34ghu43gu said:

If you get rate limited by steam they often just show you a blank page instead of any actual useful information. This is probably what is/was happening. As lilpud mentioned, if you were to switch ip's (such as using mobile data on a phone) it will un-limit you (although some things are account limited iirc e.g. inventoryhistory).

Have you tried not checking for a full day to see if your limits get fully refreshed?

Yea it usually allows me through if I don’t check for a day or a few hours, but I’m only allowed one view before it blocks me again. So it’s a bit of a pain to trade now a days lol