Changing gold pan Killstreaks

Vitro

I always wondered, are normal pan killstreak kits compatible with the gold pan? Or is the current killstreaker on the gpan permanent (as far as it doesn't get removed by the user)

• Like 1

That’s a pretty specific question, I think Joe would know the answer, we should probably get him involved

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Vitro said:

I always wondered, are normal pan killstreak kits compatible with the gold pan? Or is the current killstreaker on the gpan permanent (as far as it doesn't get removed by the user)

Yes, you can change the killstreak combo of your Golden Frying Pan. You have to remove the original one attached and then use a Frying Pan Kit on it to add the new one.

The game doesn't make a distinction between a Frying Pan and a Golden Frying Pan in this case.

Here is an example: 

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

Apparently you can, yes.

Smh, people not even checking 9 year old forum posts before asking sth...
image.thumb.png.bfe23203ba12618e7663f8df4e719a36.png

• Like 1

Yeah I got Gpan as well. I can remove the killstreaker and apply a new one if I so please :)

27 minutes ago, AwesomeSause said:

It's almost like you can do that with anything

Which you can't, as some killstreak kits work on specific reskins (like the batsaber), while others work on both reskins instead of needing their own kits (like the frying pan).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SoundDrout said:

Which you can't, as some killstreak kits work on specific reskins (like the batsaber), while others work on both reskins instead of needing their own kits (like the frying pan).

rainn-wilson.gif.7fae19bf912b23104940475b6b75b74a.gif

On 4/21/2024 at 9:25 AM, SoundDrout said:

Yeah, it's so weird how some reskins have their own kits, while others you can apply the original to.  For the longest time I didn't know you could apply the flamethrower kits to a nostromo.

2 hours ago, F. Bomb Fitzgerald said:

Yeah, it's so weird how some reskins have their own kits, while others you can apply the original to.  For the longest time I didn't know you could apply the flamethrower kits to a nostromo.

If you want a video idea, it'd be cool to chronicle all of the reskin-specific kits and all of the kits that work on reskins. Not sure if you do that type of stuff lol.

On 4/21/2024 at 12:05 PM, Heidecker said:

Apparently you can, yes.

Smh, people not even checking 9 year old forum posts before asking sth...
image.thumb.png.bfe23203ba12618e7663f8df4e719a36.png

Sorry, I just joined the forums and have no clue how look older things up. Thanks for everyone for confirming that it's possible!

4 hours ago, Vitro said:

Sorry, I just joined the forums and have no clue how look older things up. Thanks for everyone for confirming that it's possible!

That was meant as a joke lol, I just googled it and found the old forum thread.

No worries :)