Hedge sold his TF2 Unusual from $10 to $4000

RussellSproutz

It's the oldest buy order which takes priority on SCM

• Like 2
  • Astonished 2

10 minutes ago, ApothicЯ said:

Isn't it odd though? Usually at least my logic would be hey the highest buy order takes it. Like on Backpack Classifieds for example what gets highest priority is the highest buy order. 

30 minutes ago, ApothicЯ said:

can that be how the unnumbered medal was unearthed?

• Astonished 1

14 minutes ago, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee said:

can that be how the unnumbered medal was unearthed?

Buyer said he bought the cheapest one available, so not through buy orders, he just got very lucky on that one.

But that's how some people could snipe Unus for cents or a few dollars when a seller put a dot in the wrong place on their price like above.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ApothicЯ said:

Buyer said he bought the cheapest one available, so not through buy orders, he just got very lucky on that one.

But that's how some people could snipe Unus for cents or a few dollars when a seller put a dot in the wrong place on their price like above.

I've seen that happen on other sites before like Mannco.store with some poor user selling his gpan for like $5 1 or 2 years ago. xd

I can tell this is supposed to be a "Wow! That's so crazy and awesome!" moment, but it kinda just makes me sad.

This used to happen all the time before the confirmation was needed. Now if you sell something with a missing digit you're probably just an idiot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roygbiv said:

This used to happen all the time before the confirmation was needed. Now if you sell something with a missing digit you're probably just an idiot.

Well, have noticed for several weeks that Steam no longer asks for mobile confirmation when putting items for sale under 1€

• Like 1

Just now, ApothicЯ said:

Well, have noticed for several weeks that Steam no longer asks for mobile confirmation when putting items for sale under 1€

That's not entirely true. They in some way limit the amount of <1$ transactions to like 25 at a time or sth. I spent last weekend selling like 4000 sticker capsules and like 70% of them required mobild confirmation.

But yeah, the <1$ no confirmation rule has been a thing for years.

15 hours ago, Flaim said:

I can tell this is supposed to be a "Wow! That's so crazy and awesome!" moment, but it kinda just makes me sad.

Ngl Hedge made it out with a bag. He even said he'll continue to do this. Rip the person who accidentally sold it for 10 USD 

19 minutes ago, RussellSproutz said:

Ngl Hedge made it out with a bag. He even he'll continue to do this. Rip the person who accidentally sold it for 10 USD 

Wow. What an astute observation. Certainly a great way to continue the conversation as always Russel

2 hours ago, roygbiv said:

Agreed, I feel like I would have probably tried returning the hat if this happened to me.

18 minutes ago, 100 Degrees Leather Jacket said:

Agreed, I feel like I would have probably tried returning the hat if this happened to me.

🧢

• Like 7

1 hour ago, 100 Degrees Leather Jacket said:

That doesn't make any sense, this could only happen to someone on purpose. Do you go around accidentally setting buy orders below market value?

52 minutes ago, Littlepudintater said:

🧢

And there's the person overcome by greed that just cannot fathom someone else doing something they could not.

10 minutes ago, 100 Degrees Leather Jacket said:

And there's the person overcome by greed that just cannot fathom someone else doing something they could not.

aight plato calm down

7 hours ago, RussellSproutz said:

Isn't it odd though? Usually at least my logic would be hey the highest buy order takes it. Like on Backpack Classifieds for example what gets highest priority is the highest buy order. 

This sort of thing happens all the time on the SCM.  It's something like closest (then oldest) buy order take priority.  I'm pretty sure there's screwy stuff with how steam factors in currency exchange rates too.

ex:

https://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/753/515980-Vokite Attack (Foil) been trying to get this rare foil card for ages and it sold last year in may to somebody's 3 cent buy order when I had the highest at ~$2.8

• Astonished 1

29 minutes ago, Shelley Duvall said:

That doesn't make any sense, this could only happen to someone on purpose. Do you go around accidentally setting buy orders below market value?

Buy orders are essentially "quicksell of worst effect" level. There is no discriminating on effects. Of course, on a hat such as the Lucky Cat Hat, setting a $10 buy order is indeed just hoping for someone to make a mistake, but you can have low buy orders on other hats that are completely legitimate and still have something similar to this happening.

cool that bro caught a bag, but it’s basically sharking with a “legal loophole” so to speak

this shouldn’t be celebrated, someone had to lose for this guy to win. 

15 hours ago, 100 Degrees Leather Jacket said:

Honestly I would've returned it too. I did the same for a friend of mine, SinWulfExe when he accidentally gave me his Strange Unique Boston Basher and his Double Spelled Drill Sergeant hat almost 2 years ago now.

TL;DR Wulf needed to clear space and I helped him clear it out. I found out there were two items that were of value on 2 separate searches and I gave them both back. He gave the the Strange Unique Boston Basher as a gift. It's still in my inventory till this day.

14 hours ago, 100 Degrees Leather Jacket said:

Yeah I get that. I remember unintentionally bulk buying cases and crates at the end of february of this year when I did my Duck Journal Trade.

TL;DR I bulk bought 294 crates and cases for 25 ref. I was buying any combination of 4 cases and crates for 1 scrap each. I actually paid more.

What's funny is that I met my friend on a hightower casual I did my research with the Duck Journal and the Unusuals in questions. I valued my Duck Journal higher since I leveled up to a higher level. I bulk bought crates and cases as a kindness to save my friend time. I ended up paying an additional 25 ref for 294 cases. I thought it was a wholesome trade tbh and I would post it. Anyways when I did find the value I did let my friend know, but he logged off for the night. I was about to do the same as well, but hey when I woke up. I followed up with my message from last night and I paid back my friend and we're still friends. The real losers are the people who can't seem to let go. After all no one's perfect. I keep on keeping on anyways! I'm now a Vatican City Moderator and a The Global Paradise Administrator now. Goes to show people can change for the better. 

13 hours ago, Bananas said:

cool that bro caught a bag, but it’s basically sharking with a “legal loophole” so to speak

You're speaking facts, Bananas. I'm sure we can make a discussion on this, because this is obviously a very unbalanced trade. I was watching the video from Hedge and he also bought a Divine Desire Reindoonibeanie for 8 cents. Not as high tier as the Elite Grade Eldritch Opening Lucky Cat Hat, but I mean he paid less than 4 refined for the Reindoonibeanie and less than 8 keys for the Lucky Cat Hat.

19 hours ago, Bananas said:

This is real life money guru tier shit
Flexing how he made money out of someone's loss, and then makes a video to try and make even more money

It's like you find a wallet with a lot of money and then make a video to get even more money?
Should I make a video about this chat?? is this real? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lucak said:

This is real life money guru tier shit
Flexing how he made money out of someone's loss, and then makes a video to try and make even more money

It's like you find a wallet with a lot of money and then make a video to get even more money?
Should I make a video about this chat?? is this real? 

Yeah hustle culture has become normalized

if you’re a hustler you hustle other people, you can have 500 different names from drop shipper to money guru to influencer but it doesn’t change that you’re making a living hustling people out of time/money.

times are harder, more of these people will become common until they become the majority. desperate times and all that